Best pass rush in the NFL?

JGreen79

Reaction score
Saw this on ESPN, and didn't reallize how much pressure our D puts on the QB's. (Granted I only watch games via DVR and usually don't have time to watch every play.)

The Seahawks have sacked or put opposing quarterbacks under duress on 36.5 percent of dropbacks, best in the NFL (Chiefs: 28.8 percent). The constant stream of pressure has helped the Seahawks force the most turnovers (26) this season, including the most interceptions (16) and highest interception percentage (4.4 percent of attempts).

ESPN source Link

jblaze

Reaction score
This is going to be huge in the playoffs.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Saw this cool stat on the article:

Best Completion Percentage This Season
Passes 15+ Yards Downfield
Russell Wilson 59.4
Drew Brees 53.8
Philip Rivers 51.3
Nick Foles 51.1

Beast.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The greatest part of it is that the pressure is coming from everyone. Bennett and Avril are SO working out along with the other interior guys.

PC in the past has used a lot of safety blitzes (eye test) and this year it is happening consistently up front. I love seeing the big guys getting there and causing trouble. Very few teams have stopped it.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Wow... I would have thought KC had the lead running away in that category with justin Houston and Tamba Hali both being so far up the sack leaderboard. Turns out it's us! Very cool stat. Avril and Bennett have been amazing pick-ups.

Kamcussion

Reaction score
They just need to get home... But i will take weak duck passes that fall into Thomas hands as well.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
That's awesome! Now, I'd love to see a few more 'pressures' or QB 'Hits' turn into sacks.

Mitch

Reaction score
I'll take an interception over a sack any day!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
With our offense finally getting healthy we should be playing with more leads which will probably just make this stat get even better. Let the d'linemen just rush the passer without even having to worry about the rush as much.

hawker84

Reaction score
KC started out beasting but has only racked up 1 sack in the last 3 games according to nfl live. that's awsome, man these off season aquisitions paid off big time, and we still haven't seen Harvin unleashed yet...love it.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
IMO the points per game is a bit misleading as we have rested our starters on at least a couple of occasions; namely last week, the Cards game and when we let the Jags score a couple of garbage time TD's. Our points allowed is really about 2 points less per game which would put us on par with the Chiefs. Just sayin'.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Some other great stats from that article:

The offense

The Hawks rank 4th in the NFL on offense.
They rank 3rd in rushing yards.
The Seahawks have averaged an NFL-best 8.7 yards per pass attempt.
Wilson has completed an NFL-best 59.4 percent of his passes thrown 15-plus yards downfield.

The defense

The Seahawks' defense has allowed 16.3 points per game this season, third-best in the NFL.
The Seahawks have sacked or put opposing quarterbacks under duress on 36.5 percent of dropbacks, best in the NFL.
Seahawks force the most turnovers (26) this season, including the most interceptions (16).
Seattle has allowed 6.0 yards per pass attempt this season, third-best in the NFL.
The Seahawks have limited opposing receivers to a league-low 4.2 yards after the catch this season.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Wow, e have such an amazing team. With Harvin and Tate returning kicks, Haushka nailing 50+'s and Ryan money inside the 20, we can literally win any game from any one of the 3 phases. It's not just our O and D that are scary, our ST is special.