Have Greg Scruggs or Tharold Simon practiced yet?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
According to PUP rules, a player starting the year on the PUP list must miss the first six games. The team then has a five game window of time for the player to begin practicing. Once he begins practicing there is a new 21 day window in which the player must be placed on the active roster. If either deadline is missed the player must remain on the PUP for the remainder of the season.

I was just wondering if either Scruggs or Simon have practiced yet. We've now passed the five week "must begin practicing window" and I haven't heard anything about either one of them.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
PC mentioned Simon practicing this week in the presser. May have talked about Scruggs too but I missed it.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
In Pete's presser today he mentioned that Scruggs was coming back to practice as was humble thug.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Would really like to know what Simon offers, since that info would be integral in deciding how much to offer BB & Thurmond (ie do you have to overpay to keep them or can you afford to lose one of them due to having Simon waiting in the wings)

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Thats cool they're able to start practiceing but who do you cut to activate them. I think the more valuable player of the two is Scruggs becuase he has expierence and i would'nt throw a rookie CB in the game this late in the season.

XxxZagnutxxX

Reaction score
Lynch Mob":13g3qasm said:
Thats cool they're able to start practiceing but who do you cut to activate them. I think the more valuable player of the two is Scruggs becuase he has expierence and i would'nt throw a rookie CB in the game this late in the season.

It's past the PUP activation period which means they will remain on the PUP for the rest of the season but are allowed to practice with the team. No cuts necessary.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
It would be pretty insane for a 5th round CB to get into this system right away after never having practiced with the team ever. No OTAs. No training camp. No pre-season. No regular season practices. I don't think we (as fans) will know what we have in Simon until next year. Until then, it will be good for him to get practice reps for the sake of his own development.

For Scruggs, can't see him taking anyone's spot on the roster right now. Could be insurance if there's a major injury in the next few weeks. I'm guessing he's practicing more for his own development too and will likely stay on PUP.