NFC West clinching scenarios

Giblien

Reaction score
(This was posted before the game today)

SEATTLE can clinch the NFC West title by winning their next three games (Minnesota, New Orleans, at San Francisco). That would get Seattle to 12-4 at worst with a season sweep of San Francisco. The best San Francisco could be is 12-4, but they would have been swept by Seattle. Arizona can still get to 12-4 but would have to win out to do so, including a win over San Francisco on Week 17, which would defeat any chances of a three-way tie at 12-4. Regardless, Seattle would beat Arizona at 12-4 even with a season split based on division record (4-2 to 3-3).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

morgulon1

Reaction score
I believe they could also win their remaining 3 games at home , lose their two road games and secure 1st seed and homefield throughout the playoffs.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
morgulon1":3vegx84k said:
I believe they could also win their remaining 3 games at home , lose their two road games and secure 1st seed and homefield throughout the playoffs.

Yes, with Detroit losing Seattle owns, or will own, all tiebreakers over teams that could finish with only three loses, in the aforementioned win at home scenario.

rjas77

Reaction score
Actually I see us losing in the final game especially if we've already would have clinched HFA and we pull our starters after two or three series

OP
OP
Giblien

Giblien

Reaction score
SmokeyHawk":nf3mjtk0 said:
I actually still see us winning the last game wo the starters...

-SH

Agreed. Many of our backup players are good enough to compete for starting spots on others teams.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Oh, I thought this would be about the rest of the NFC clinching because we're literally bending them over this season. My bad.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Giblien":3l1ulug9 said:
SmokeyHawk":3l1ulug9 said:
I actually still see us winning the last game wo the starters...

-SH

Agreed. Many of our backup players are good enough to compete for starting spots on others teams.

I dunno, Cassell marched his guys down for a TD against our backups with a few starters still in there. Maragos and Johnson are a big dropoff from Thomas and Chancellor, at least this game. Gerhart was tearing us up. I wouldn't be too cocky about how good our backups are; STL freakin owned our backups down there, at least on the OL.

It's still good to get our backups some game time. That can't be understated.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
If the Rams play us like they have the last two games, including week 17 in Seattle last season, they would beat our backups

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Vpk0718":p56sk5n5 said:
If the Rams play us like they have the last two games, including week 17 in Seattle last season, they would beat our backups
This. Hell our offensive starters don't match up well with the Rams.

chawx

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I'm really worried that if we go into our last game at 14-1 and nothing to play for, the Rams just might end our 15 game (at that point in time) home winning streak.

I just hope that RW doesn't start that game so he can keep his streak intact.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
chawx":1ueucgp5 said:
I hate to say it, but I'm really worried that if we go into our last game at 14-1 and nothing to play for, the Rams just might end our 15 game (at that point in time) home winning streak.

I just hope that RW doesn't start that game so he can keep his streak intact.

Don't think like that, because as far as RW, The Coaches and the team will be concerned, it'll be another Championship game to deal with...I don't see any letdown in this team at all... Always ready and prepared to take it to the next level... I don't believe that the Seahawks will end on a down note... :th2thumbs: