Brandon Browner still on the roster

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
This is great news, meaning hopefully he plays again, if only in the playoffs.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":145sruwj said:
This is great news, meaning hopefully he plays again, if only in the playoffs.

Here is my take on what I think is happening with Browner. Pete Carroll this past week said in his press conference that Browner's injury didn't look good/looked severe (something to that effect). As you know, those are strong words for Pete to use, so I'm thinking that the groin injury is fairly severe and the team is contemplating putting him on IR.

At the same time, I believe I heard that Tharold Simon returned to practice recently. I can't find confirmation of that anywhere, but seem to remember hearing that on one of the Sports Radio stations. Now he's on the PUP list and was eligible for activation Week 7, so don't know if what I'm about to say is totally legit or not. However, for a player who is on the PUP list, the moment they start practicing there is a 21 day window in which they need to be activated or remain on the PUP for the remainder of the season. If Simon did start practicing recently, then a delay in a move with Browner actually might make sense. They might be evaluating whether or not they feel Simon could be a viable in house candidate to replace Browner for the remainder of the season. So, they'd milk that 21 Day Window ... taking it up to the very last second. If Browner happens to heal up to the point that it looks like he could play ... they might let it pass and just be content with Simon being on PUP for the remainder of the year. If however at the end of that 21 Day Window things still don't look good as far as Browner's condition is concerned ... AND Simon has looked good, they might make the move at that point to activate Simon and place Browner on IR. If Browner still doesn't look good health-wise and Simon doesn't look like a viable option, Schneider would look to the available FA's for a replacement.

I don't know if that has any validity (as I can't get any confirmation re Simon), but that's what I'm thinking could be going on.

Edit to Add: Confirmed -- Tharold Simon is set to return to practice this next week ... Let the 21 Day Window Begin.

•Carroll said rookie cornerback Tharold Simon (foot), currently on the team's physically unable to perform (PUP) list, is set to return to practice next week.
Source:
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articl...practice/3e59db0f-6bc8-4fd3-899b-583a697a3ecc

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
^^^ exactly what I was thinking about even before BJ Daniels was let go. Take all the time you can to make a decision and let the player be involved in the decision too. I think players think a bit much of themselves sometimes...but let them in on the situation. Thanks for voicing my opinion too. :)

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2a97yd5v said:
^^^ exactly what I was thinking about even before BJ Daniels was let go. Take all the time you can to make a decision and let the player be involved in the decision too. I think players think a bit much of themselves sometimes...but let them in on the situation. Thanks for voicing my opinion too. :)

And the beauty of that situation with Simon is that they can take it right up to the very last second of that 21 Day Window. With the depth they have in Thurmond, Maxwell, and Lane ... they don't have to do anything whatsoever. If by the end of that 21 Day Period Browner is fine ... GREAT, he returns to the lineup just like that. If Browner isn't and Tharold Simon looks good ... they activate him and place Browner on IR. If Simon doesn't by the end of that time frame, they simply go out and find the best FA available. The more I think about it ... the more and more convinced I am that that is exactly what's going on.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2iqfszpb said:
So, is this the end of Browner as a Seahawk?

Earl and Sherm will get lots of money... if they are even able to keep them both. :(

No.. not at all. They have time to evaluate him and get what may be a great idealistic situation where he may be able to return and if so, when the Legion of Boom retains one of the original starters. They need time to do this. I have a gut feeling that he will be back in time for the playoffs or the Superb Owl. Time is on our side at the moment. Great things are on the way.
Go Hawks.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sherm expects BB back at some point this season:

[youtube]UK65DA6Inv0[/youtube]

Seafan

Reaction score
Pete said regarding BB: "He’s been fully diagnosed and we’re waiting until the last possible second to do what we want to do just because we can. So we’re just going to wait it out".

It does sound like they will be giving him the time to get healthy, if the Hawks were to suffer another injury in the secondary they do have the option of putting the worst of the injured players on IR. Luckily the depth at CB is strong. No need to rush this. The depth affords the Hawks the opportunity to wait this out. Shead and Simon are obviously two options in waiting. You gotta love the depth on defense.

godawg

Reaction score
As opposed to Super Bowl 40 where we were pulling folks off the street

Pstark3

Reaction score
Man i'm actually extremely excited to see how Tharold Simon looks on the field. Really hoping he can become Sherman 2.0. he's got the size for it

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Pstark3":3hu14y2r said:
Man i'm actually extremely excited to see how Tharold Simon looks on the field. Really hoping he can become Sherman 2.0. he's got the size for it
Not many have Sherm's brain though. We struck gold if he does.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":6q1sj0vv said:
Pstark3":6q1sj0vv said:

Wasn't Simon on that list of players that supposedly were basically selfish, and scouts were warned about them lacking discipline? Then he goes on that preseason, parade day, whatever the hell that was, haha.

So far not a good start for Sherm 2.0.

Hopefully he's grown up a lot, and will contribute in a positive manner.

raisethe3

Reaction score
Pstark3":3c4leaf8 said:

If he becomes Sherman 2.0, then he can slide into the starting role at RCB where Browner is. Plus, we can still have two guys over 6' 2" as a our starting cornerbacks.

Basis4day

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":1hexbo4p said:
HawKnPeppa":1hexbo4p said:
Pstark3":1hexbo4p said:

Wasn't Simon on that list of players that supposedly were basically selfish, and scouts were warned about them lacking discipline? Then he goes on that preseason, parade day, whatever the hell that was, haha.

So far not a good start for Sherm 2.0.

Hopefully he's grown up a lot, and will contribute in a positive manner.

Spencer Ware was also on that list. The coach has since said it was blown out of proportion by the media.

acbass

Reaction score
I completely forgot about Simon... But now that I remember, I'd love to see what he can do. Sometimes I forget we even had a draft this year lol.