Seahawks 12's collective fan hall of fame app accepted!

jblaze

Reaction score
ESPN ‏@espn 7m

@Seahawks If Seahawks fans are the world's best, prove it. Have them apply for the #FanHallOfFame: http://es.pn/FanHall

http://fanhalloffame.com/

I'm sure there's a much more involved Seahawk 12 than I that may be able to apply for this, promote this and get it done!

Start the campaign!!! Go 12's!!!

RockHawk

Reaction score
IMO part of being a 12 is knowing it's not about the single fan, but it's about the whole. I have no interest in trying to gain notoriety or facetime for being a fan of my team, and I especially wouldn't ever want to be celebrated as something more than the rest of the 12's, but feel free to do so if you like.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
I meant sign up as "12". Not a single person but as a collective and get people to sign the petition if there were one.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
Yeah I would gladly sign it and put it out there in the ethos for friends/family to sign but there's gotta be some die hard hawk 12 out there with more influence and time than me to champion this cause. I'm hoping they see this and run with it!

The NFL has challenged us and we must respond!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
jblaze":4mncotge said:
Yeah I would gladly sign it and put it out there in the ethos for friends/family to sign but there's gotta be some die hard hawk 12 out there with more influence and time than me to champion this cause. I'm hoping they see this and run with it!

The NFL has challenged us and we must respond!

There is no question, really. You are the man for the job. In fact, you have already begun your campaign with this thread. This is your calling and your destiny. Make it happen.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
Challenge accepted. I just submitted our application with the following text which is the best I could come up with on short notice. I'll let you know what they come back with, not sure of the protocol from here!

The Seattle Seahawks 12th man are the most loyal, loud and proud fans in all the NFL. They continue to show up and out each and every Sunday regardless of whether it’s a home game or not. It is not a fandom but rather an awe inspiring movement and a love affair we have with our beloved Seahawks that makes Seattle the toughest and loudest place to play in all of sports. Our fans are so dedicated that the entire northwest region is draped in blue in dedication and support each Blue Friday and on game day. It is evident in our 136.6 decibel noise eruption as well as our seismic anomaly known simply as the “BeastQuake”. Our enthusiastic environment crushes the confidence and concentration in our foes as we cause 2.36 false starts per game, tops in the league. There truly is no more inspired and supportive fans in all of sports than those that know themselves as part of the collective known as THE 12th MAN! Go Hawks!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Is there anything at this point that can be done to encourage our induction, or is it just a matter of wait and see ?
ie a place to cast votes or sign a petition.

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Thanks for doing that!

Who would have thought I would participate in a World Record breaking, and be inducted into a fan hall of fame in the same season!

I'd like to thank my Family! :th2thumbs: :177692:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Only the application has been accepted. Read on my fellow 12s. I copied and pasted this from the site.

"From 11/18—12/2, our judges will narrow down the applicants to ten finalists.

From 12/2—12/11, we’ll host a public vote to determine 2013’s three inductees."

More work to do later...if we get selected from the applicants.
But how could we not be. Go to the site and look at others as you wish.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
pmedic920":2fc8m16a said:
So if we make the top 10, we need to vote for ourselves as many times as possible, starting on 12/2/13 ? Is this correct?

That is what I gathered from reading on the site. Just need to check back on the 2nd to see if we are even dancing. One thing, Not sure if all 4 of our submissions would be counted and if we have 2..probably figure out which one we would want. I am not sure on that count which one would be advantageous for us. But we can decide that if it comes to happen.
Go Hawks.

P.S. Not sure if we have one vote or more...Probably only one per person or account.

kjreid

Reaction score
My wife's cousin "Kiltman" was inducted four of five years ago into the fan hall of fame, that group, the Seahawkers fan club, seems to nominate and get their people into the system. I don't know how they get them all through but someone from that club might be able shed some light on what the "judges" look for.

OP
OP
jblaze

jblaze

Reaction score
Depending on if any of our 12th man submissions make it through, I would imagine they would only take one. When that one is chosen, we'll all support it and make it happen!

pmedic920

Reaction score
jblaze":maku9ml7 said:
Depending on if any of our 12th man submissions make it through, I would imagine they would only take one. When that one is chosen, we'll all support it and make it happen!

IMHO absolutely. Do we each need an account to vote?. Or can you just go to a page to vote ?

hawker84

Reaction score
Very cool, thanks for taking the time on behalf of the 12's, and good luck to the others as well.