Skip Bayless says...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:16 pm
  • Seahawks go 15-1 this year.

    Yeah yeah...I know....it's Skip, but whatever...

    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

    - Barbie from Toy Story 3
    User avatar
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1987
    Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:47 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 pm
  • Richard Sherman hasn't told Skip Bayless that he's allowed to speak yet.
    Image
    User avatar
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1021
    Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Tonasket, WA to Temecula, CA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:29 pm
  • With a title like that it could be dangerous in the shack.
    GO HAWKS
    425HawkSpark
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 654
    Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:45 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:30 pm
  • Skip Bayless: "9-7 very realistic for Seattle this season"

    this jackass said that before the season started. LOL
    Image
    User avatar
    w00t
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 853
    Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:04 am
    Location: WA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:31 pm
  • LawlessHawk wrote:Richard Sherman hasn't told Skip Bayless that he's allowed to speak yet.


    I approve this message.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3619
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:52 pm
  • It's time to stop calling experts experts 'cause they're nothing more than analysts who discuss what happened in the last 48 hours, and people listen to them in order to hear things to agree or disagree with.
    February 2, 2014: The day Seahawks win their second Lombardi trophy
    (The first one is located back east somewhere.)
    User avatar
    Ruminator
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 264
    Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 6:52 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:59 pm
  • BAD JUJU! Skip says we'll go 15-1, which means we won't go 15-1! NOOOOOOO
    User avatar
    rsm650
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 383
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 pm
    Location: Pittsburgh, PA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:00 pm
  • someone send skip one of these

    Image
    User avatar
    Axx
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2539
    Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:37 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:01 pm
  • Ruminator wrote:It's time to stop calling experts experts 'cause they're nothing more than analysts who discuss what happened in the last 48 hours, and people listen to them in order to hear things to agree or disagree with.


    ...and that, my friend, is how they make a living!
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 4764
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:03 pm
  • Remember when skip said Russ would have a slump and the Seahawks would be a wild card maybe?
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    U MAD BRAH?
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 772
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Redmond, WA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:08 pm
  • Hey Skip... I think you're a little late to jump on board this bandwagon. Try again next year before the season is half way over.
    firebee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1225
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm
    Location: Florence, Oregon


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:09 pm
  • Axx wrote:someone send skip one of these

    Image


    Don't you dare... Make him buy his own
    firebee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1225
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm
    Location: Florence, Oregon


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:31 pm
  • Axx wrote:someone send skip one of these

    Image

    Make it a cheap knockoff. That's all he deserves.
    User avatar
    IcedHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 704
    Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:43 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:52 pm
  • firebee wrote:Hey Skip... I think you're a little late to jump on board this bandwagon. Try again next year before the season is half way over.

    Skip and Trent need to start a club...I dub it "NO SOUP FOR YOU!".
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    User avatar
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6355
    Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 pm
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:57 pm
  • KCHawkGirl wrote:
    firebee wrote:Hey Skip... I think you're a little late to jump on board this bandwagon. Try again next year before the season is half way over.

    Skip and Trent need to start a club...I dub it "NO SOUP FOR YOU!".


    Well... I could give them my own version of Campbell's Chunky Soup. :pukeface:
    firebee
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1225
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:43 pm
    Location: Florence, Oregon


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:04 am
  • The funny thing is.. say we're 14-1 and rest starters.. I think our backups are still good enough to beat the Rams starters at home in Week 17. 15-1 isn't too far fetched if they beat San Francisco and New York.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 4654
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:29 am
  • The Skip Bayless seal of approval.

    We're doomed.
    User avatar
    uncle fester
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 733
    Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:01 am
  • Until Bayless acknowledges that Stanford Graduate Richard Sherman is the best CB in football, he should not be allowed to talk about the Seahawks.
    User avatar
    SoCalSeahawk
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
     
    Posts: 310
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:15 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 am
  • IcedHawk wrote:
    Axx wrote:someone send skip one of these

    Image

    Make it a cheap knockoff. That's all he deserves.


    The number better be 25 also.
    The Lion has no interest in the opinion of the sheep.
    RichNhansom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2912
    Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 7:26 am


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:18 am
  • I think I could become an expert at ESPN too. I wouldn't be as wrong as many of these guys. Many of them have no clue what they are talking about...
    Joe
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 867
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:33 am

Re: Skip Bayless says...
Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:20 am
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    LawlessHawk wrote:Richard Sherman hasn't told Skip Bayless that he's allowed to speak yet.


    I approve this message.



    Yes, I agree!
    User avatar
    MagHawk
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 64
    Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:30 am
    Location: Silverdale


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:37 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Ruminator wrote:It's time to stop calling experts experts 'cause they're nothing more than analysts who discuss what happened in the last 48 hours, and people listen to them in order to hear things to agree or disagree with.



    http://www.theonion.com/articles/espn-searching-for-a-few-loudmouthed-fucks-for-new,34520/


    That article is so incredibly good. I can't believe I'd never seen it before.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    User avatar
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *
     
    Posts: 14391
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:45 pm
  • Why does anybody listen to this guy? Even when he talks up the Seahawks, I don't put any weight into it because he don't know shit. I give more cred to this one blathering idiot I work with that said today he was hoping for a Seahawks/49ers Super Bowl! :34853_doh:

    Everybody on this board is better at life than Skip Bayless!
    Image

    A Blue Buzz-Saw has emerged from the Pacific Northwest. Prepare, NFL.

    SEAHAWKS, 2014. Coming soon...
    User avatar
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*
     
    Posts: 2703
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:39 am
    Location: Arlington, Washington


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:26 am
  • LawlessHawk wrote:Richard Sherman hasn't told Skip Bayless that he's allowed to speak yet.


    ^LOL
    Check out My Seahawks Youtube Channel:

    Image

    http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8
    User avatar
    FreshlySnipes
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 490
    Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:28 pm
    Location: Mercer Island/ Menlo Park


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:28 am
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:
    LawlessHawk wrote:Richard Sherman hasn't told Skip Bayless that he's allowed to speak yet.


    I approve this message.


    Speak? who told him he's out of "Time Out" yet?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    User avatar
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3879
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:10 am
  • The reaction to this guy is puzzling.

    We all know his tactic, "Say something controversial so that you get a lot of people talking about it and occasionally sprinkle in enough sports insight that people think you know what you are talking about". He is the TV equivalent of clickbait titles. So what?

    If he had mentioned that the Seahawks were not going to win the SB, there would be a thread about him. If he mentions the Seahawks are going to win the SB, there is a thread about him. Apparently, no matter what he says people are going to be up in arms about it so we might as well put a sticky called "Skip Bayless is a big Poopyhead" right on the top of the board and save everyone trouble.

    Frankly, given what the Seahawks have accomplished already in the past 1 and half seasons - we have a lot to be excited about. I don't think anyone, even the biggest Wilson fan, thought on draft day that he would impact the franchise like he has. This franchise hit the jackpot.

    So who cares what an ESPN guy that probably isn't even sharing his real opinion says? All threads like this do is make us look petty. I don't even know if I dislike the guy or not, since it is clear he is just playing a cartoon character on TV. I doubt 65% of what he says is even what he really thinks.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 658
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:15 am
  • Sure, maybe they will go 15-1 or 14-2, 13-3, 12-4, 11-5, 10-6 or 9-7. Right now the only guarantee that can't be changed is 9-1, it's a long season, there is no telling how the rest of it ends.
    NorCalSeahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1161
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:54 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:10 am
  • I don't care what Skip says.

    He's only saying that now because he knows he's on the fast track to being wrong about his preseason picks.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11299
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:20 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:The reaction to this guy is puzzling.

    We all know his tactic, "Say something controversial so that you get a lot of people talking about it and occasionally sprinkle in enough sports insight that people think you know what you are talking about". He is the TV equivalent of clickbait titles. So what?

    If he had mentioned that the Seahawks were not going to win the SB, there would be a thread about him. If he mentions the Seahawks are going to win the SB, there is a thread about him. Apparently, no matter what he says people are going to be up in arms about it so we might as well put a sticky called "Skip Bayless is a big Poopyhead" right on the top of the board and save everyone trouble.

    Frankly, given what the Seahawks have accomplished already in the past 1 and half seasons - we have a lot to be excited about. I don't think anyone, even the biggest Wilson fan, thought on draft day that he would impact the franchise like he has. This franchise hit the jackpot.

    So who cares what an ESPN guy that probably isn't even sharing his real opinion says? All threads like this do is make us look petty. I don't even know if I dislike the guy or not, since it is clear he is just playing a cartoon character on TV. I doubt 65% of what he says is even what he really thinks.


    You may be right overall, but take it easy. This is a FORUM where people come to talk about worthless sports topics. The "it makes us look petty" line is ridiculous. A) who cares. B) who cares. C) it's all for fun.
    User avatar
    plyka
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1320
    Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:40 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:31 pm
  • Remember this? Ah, Skip...

    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3619
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:35 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:The reaction to this guy is puzzling.

    We all know his tactic, "Say something controversial so that you get a lot of people talking about it and occasionally sprinkle in enough sports insight that people think you know what you are talking about". He is the TV equivalent of clickbait titles. So what?

    If he had mentioned that the Seahawks were not going to win the SB, there would be a thread about him. If he mentions the Seahawks are going to win the SB, there is a thread about him. Apparently, no matter what he says people are going to be up in arms about it so we might as well put a sticky called "Skip Bayless is a big Poopyhead" right on the top of the board and save everyone trouble.

    Frankly, given what the Seahawks have accomplished already in the past 1 and half seasons - we have a lot to be excited about. I don't think anyone, even the biggest Wilson fan, thought on draft day that he would impact the franchise like he has. This franchise hit the jackpot.

    So who cares what an ESPN guy that probably isn't even sharing his real opinion says? All threads like this do is make us look petty. I don't even know if I dislike the guy or not, since it is clear he is just playing a cartoon character on TV. I doubt 65% of what he says is even what he really thinks.


    Good Points. Years ago the board threw around the idea of adding a Forum to the board called 'The National Media No Respect Forum' due to the prevalence of topics whining about what some talking head said. The phenomenon has never really gone away and is as curious as ever.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    User avatar
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *
     
    Posts: 8511
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:13 pm
  • Skip is a tool of sports talk and will blow crap out his mouth every chance he gets. He is the Jerry Springer of football. Does anyone take him seriously? Sorry if do.
    User avatar
    Jay-Dog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 234
    Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:58 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:14 pm
  • E.C. Laloosh wrote:Remember this? Ah, Skip...



    Please give a round of applause to Chris Broussard aka espn first takes nba analyst.

    I also thought that the other dude was decent also.
    User avatar
    skater18000
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 488
    Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:14 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:03 pm
  • skater18000 wrote:
    E.C. Laloosh wrote:Remember this? Ah, Skip...



    Please give a round of applause to Chris Broussard aka espn first takes nba analyst.

    I also thought that the other dude was decent also.


    The other dude, aka the college football guy was absolutely spot on in everything with the exception of the falcons who they all thought were going to be good. He called kaeps troubles, called Wilson and the hawks. Poor dumb skip said the hawks wouldn't even make a wildcard, lol. Or at least he wasn't for sure, haha.

    I think his entire schtick is just try to get fans upset so you build a story around yourself. Skip just doesn't know much about sports but he is excellent at marketing.
    User avatar
    plyka
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1320
    Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:40 pm


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:42 pm
  • rsm650 wrote:BAD JUJU! Skip says we'll go 15-1, which means we won't go 15-1! NOOOOOOO


    Of course not. We're going 18-1.
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    User avatar
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *
     
    Posts: 7367
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:06 am
    Location: Eastern Washington


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:56 am
  • Yeah Knell, pretty much nailed it.

    All you tweeters should clog up Little Skippy's twitter feed with links to that video. His whole shtick is always way funnier when it's revisted months later...
    Image
    User avatar
    LawlessHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1021
    Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Tonasket, WA to Temecula, CA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:04 am
  • LawlessHawk wrote:Yeah Knell, pretty much nailed it.

    All you tweeters should clog up Little Skippy's twitter feed with links to that video. His whole shtick is always way funnier when it's revisted months later...


    It's what happens when TV personalities get their NFCW information from a Niner board. It's like Skip was reading the WZ all off-season.
    RockHawk wrote:This has turned into nothing but a personal attack, which goes against our forum rules...... I'll allow it.
    User avatar
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3619
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:46 pm
    Location: WA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:26 am
  • Man that other guy owned that segment. He makes Skip look like a fool in hindsight and called that Wilson is better than Kaepernick when no one else was.
    Image
    User avatar
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 11299
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
    Location: Antioch, CA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:29 am
  • u know he did'nt want to say it but he did'nt want to sound dumb down the road. Him and Stephen A. Smith are forty whiner fans.
    Lynch Mob
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 536
    Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:30 am


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:33 am
  • No doubt about that. They can act impressed all they want, they flat out do NOT like the Hawks.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2633
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:47 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:No doubt about that. They can act impressed all they want, they flat out do NOT like the Hawks.


    That's their job, not sure why some of you guys take it personally. Seriously, we've got to be the thinnest skinned fans in the league.

    I remember the 2-14 season, I watched every god awful game of that season. I remember watching the moving vans leaving for California. I remember the laundry list of first round QB busts coming and going for a decade.

    Now at last, thank god almighty at last............we have an amazingly talented team playing the best football we've ever seen around here. Just the fact that people are talking about our Hawks in ANY capacity is a victory for this franchise. Cherish it, love it, bask in it's warm soul lifting glow. Now is our time.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2770
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: Skip Bayless says...
Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:02 am
  • plyka wrote:The other dude, aka the college football guy was absolutely spot on in everything with the exception of the falcons who they all thought were going to be good. He called kaeps troubles, called Wilson and the hawks. Poor dumb skip said the hawks wouldn't even make a wildcard, lol. Or at least he wasn't for sure, haha.

    I think his entire schtick is just try to get fans upset so you build a story around yourself. Skip just doesn't know much about sports but he is excellent at marketing.


    The Falcons would be at least a playoff contender if they had anywhere near the amount of starters they were supposed to have.
    User avatar
    RussellMania
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 66
    Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:58 am




It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:00 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information