Little love for MikeRob

Laloosh

Reaction score
Thought there was already a thread for MRob but I couldn't find it on the first few pages of hte official forum. If anybody has a link, Mods feel free to merge/delete.

[youtube]emUskFwpEcQ[/youtube]

Exittium

Reaction score
I think yesterdays game play with Mike Rob showed how valuable fullbacks can be, yes they are a dwindling position, but when you have one as talented and wonderfully paired as Mike Rob and Lynch its going make a big difference.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yep, the new pass happy teams might be the new wave that excites their fans, and showcase a few star Receivers getting the OOOHHHs and AAAHHHs, and the need for FB's on most teams on the decline, I think Carroll has proven that Defenses have to play a more complete game when they face the Seahawks more multi-faceted Offense.
If the pass is all you got, it has to be working almost perfectly, because it's more one dimensional.
9 & 1 says that maybe ol Pete knows something about orchestrating a team of championship caliber players.
Great to see Mike Rob. back, and helping to make the Seahawks Offense hell on wheels, and hard to stop.

taz291819

Reaction score
During Lynch's long run yesterday, John Lynch said something like, "I'm sure Marshawn is happy to have his buddy Robinson back leading the way."

kmedic

Reaction score
It's obviously clear that MRob is way better than any of our other fullbacks. I completely understand though where JS and PC were coming from when they cut him. It's a business in the NFL and it was time to develop a much cheaper, younger guy. That said I'm so happy for MRob how it all worked out- he's going to have a legit chance to get a ring before his career ends. Well deserved for a great guy.

HawkWow

Reaction score
IIRC, I think Rob was set to make like 1.5 this year. Aside from his reported illness, I have to believe that contributed to his release. Anyone know his new deal? I ask because if it's Hawk friendly, I'd like to see him back again next year. I know Ware and Coleman are dirt cheap, but this last couple weeks reminds us you get what you pay for. MRob is lightin' some mofos up and opening lanes like we've not seen this year. When we get Okung back...well, you know. It will be quite satisfying.

Can't wait to see Harvin and Tate looking to out-perform each other while holes are getting torn open for Lynch and Turbin. It's going to be ugly...in a very pretty kinda' way.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Gotta love what Mike Rob has brought to the run game since he has been back. You can see the difference with how Marshawn has been running with him leading the way.

Polk738

Reaction score
The running game is night and day with Mike Rob back that's a given

Tical21

Reaction score
It was weird, I kept watching Robinson, and sometimes thought "where the heck is he going?" Sure enough, he'd find an OLB or something to hit, and I look back, and Marshawn is about a yard behind him, using his block and darting by. I think Mike Rob could just start running backwards at the snap and Lynch would follow him.

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3txp3utd said:
Thought there was already a thread for MRob but I couldn't find it on the first few pages of hte official forum. If anybody has a link, Mods feel free to merge/delete.

[youtube]emUskFwpEcQ[/youtube]
Signed :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :13: :D

HawkFan72

Reaction score
HawkWow":22a7o5yt said:
IIRC, I think Rob was set to make like 1.5 this year. Aside from his reported illness, I have to believe that contributed to his release. Anyone know his new deal?

Vet Minimum

hoxrox

Reaction score
The running game just didn't look right without MikeRob in the line up. Some things you just can't replace.

“It’s a little chemistry,” Robinson said. “I can’t say running the football is not just X’s and O’s – OK, go block that guy. A lot of it is. But he knows me. I know him. I know certain things he likes. He knows when I’m going to cut a guy. He knows how certain linebackers like to attack me.

“I tell him, ‘Look, pop your clutch a little bit here, I need room. I need room to do what I do.’ And he just understands that. So I think there is something to the chemistry between a back and a fullback.”