What needs to happen before we are a Super Bowl Contender?

What needs to happen?

• Nothing, we can win the Super Bowl right now!

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • We need our tackles back

Votes: 69 44.8%
  • We need Harvin to play

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • We need both Harvin and a healthy o-line

Votes: 52 33.8%
  • We aren't one and never will be because I'm an idiot/49ers fan

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters

IcedHawk

Reaction score
After the string of disappointing games recently, and the common response with "wait until later", what do you feel needs to happen before we have no excuse? As of right now, I don't think we can win a superbowl. Our defense is good enough, but there are too many questions on offense to be comfortable.

Personally, if we get our tackles back, I think we'll be good enough for a playoff run, but not to win it all. Getting Harvin would push us over the edge.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I picked "other" because I'm not so worried about our offense, despite the Tackle situation, as I am about the D. We will never be a Superb Owl while our defense is playing the way it has the last couple games.

The Radish

Reaction score
Its simple really, we probably need to win our division, then home field advantage, then win all the play off games, and then win the last game of the season.

I think that about covers it.

I think our detractors are keeping to busy pointing out how bad we are winning rather than bemoan the fact we keep doing so. Boy we looked like shit the last 2 games but are still ahead of the ninnirs. But that doesn't seem to count with anyone. Are our competitors able to play like shit for two games and still win them? Well not so far.

:roll:

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I chose other because we need to consistently control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Everyone is aware of our o-line issues and the d-line can not give up so many rushing yards every week and expect us to win games.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Voted first option. We need to lose a game before i would change my stance on the issue.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Well since we are winning the Super Bowl this year I'll have to go with option number one but options 2, 3 & 4 could all happen by then.

Chapow

Reaction score
We are 8-1 and the #1 seed in the NFC. We are Super Bowl contenders.

That doesn't mean that there aren't things that could stand to be improved upon.

BleedGreenNblue

Reaction score
watching games from the end of last year and russell was an animal! He seems very conservative this year compared to the highlights from last year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BleedGreenNblue":7lkcm0yc said:
watching games from the end of last year and russell was an animal! He seems very conservative this year compared to the highlights from last year.

Conservative in what sense? Some of these scramble bombs he's completed this year are the most dynamic things I've ever seen him do. He's getting increasingly more proficient in the quick passing game, and he's rushing better than ever. Literally doing everything he can with virtually no protection.

Cartire

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we're the front runners as Super Bowl contenders.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
If we continue to see improvement in our OL like last week we might not even need the tackles back. But just once for shits and giggles I wanted to see what this team looked like firing on all cylinders this season. Will we make it to the superbowl without Harvin, Okung, and Breno? I think so. The fly in that ointment is that now Unger is out again along with Red. Under those circumstances can we still go to the big show? I still think so. Its a matter of motivation at this point. A time for leadership is upon us and I am looking squarely at our OC and DC when I say that. Job 1 Stop the run, job 2 protect our QB at all costs.

firebee

Reaction score
I can see us winning games without Harvin because we've been winning without Harvin. We will not win all of our playoff games without, at least, one of our offensive tackles starting. We won't win the first playoff game if Wilson keeps taking the hits he's taking behind this makeshift line that's been put together, which is why we need our offensive tackles back. Until then... The Hawks really need to adjust the gameplan for the sorry pass protection Wilson's getting. Lately, the line hasn't been giving him enough time to look at his first read, much less go through a progression, escape and make plays with his feet... short and quick passes protect your QB when the offensive line can't. short and quick passes give you better TOP and also sucks up the coverage, so you can take more effective shots down the field.

McGruff

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":jw3fq64f said:
If we continue to see improvement in our OL like last week we might not even need the tackles back. But just once for shits and giggles I wanted to see what this team looked like firing on all cylinders this season. Will we make it to the superbowl without Harvin, Okung, and Breno? I think so. The fly in that ointment is that now Unger is out again along with Red. Under those circumstances can we still go to the big show? I still think so. Its a matter of motivation at this point. A time for leadership is upon us and I am looking squarely at our OC and DC when I say that. Job 1 Stop the run, job 2 protect our QB at all costs.

The tackles were not better last week. The scheme was better. The execution by Russ was better. The ends were worse. But Wilson was still getting the snot knocked out of him. IIRChe was pressured more, hit more, but sacked less.