Flow of Game This Week and Prediction

seahawksny

Reaction score
They will start game with revenge factor on minds from last year and start strong. Jump out to lead and have lead evaporate but we still squeeze out win. Id say 27-20 Hawks. Halftime score being 20-3 Hawks.
We have big first half and sluggish second. Opposite of what has been happening, and what happened last year.
Don't know why, but this is feeling I have.

Maybe because every game we have with Atlanta is a shootout. We remember last year.
Also I think it was 2006 we won division on a goal line stance against them at Qwest when Vick was QB. I also remember around 2003 or so, Shaun had a last minute TD down there to seal win. Should be no different this year ( just my feeling)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll go with the standard slow start. And a great 2nd half, this time ending in a 23-20 victory on a Houshka FG.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Largent80":2ib7mxv1 said:
Atlantas game plan?.......Run, Run, and then RUN.
Stop Tony Gonzalez, Stop Tony Gonzalez, Stop Tony Gonzalez, and return Punt.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I stupidly thought our offense would be embarrassed from the Rams game and come out en fuego last week. Learned my lesson. I think we'll win, but it'll be ugly.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time picking this game for my weekly cheat sheet post.

I need to watch the Tampa game again. i was at the clink so i didn't get the full feel of how the team looked. My sense at the stadium was that some crappy calls and flukey plays buried us early but i never really doubted we would put it together and win the game.

right now i'm trying to balance the way our team has looked and russell getting pulverized and now having to go on the road for a 10 am start against a team that was great last year - against the fact that the falcons look horrible this year, are dead last in running the football, and aren't that much healthier than we are. I can't buy that the falcons are suddenly horrible after the past couple seasons of being a good team. And I can't buy that our run D is that bad either.

hawk45

Reaction score
I think we'll win, I am just utterly perched on the fence as to how.

On one hand I can see us coming in focused because of last year. On the other hand, Rams and Bucs WTF, road game, early start. At least on the defensive side.

On the offensive side I expect Russell to be beaten within an inch of his life as usual, and I expect some decent Beast mode runs.

Cartire

Reaction score
Should pull a Bellichick and have Sherman shadow Gonzalas.

RockHawk

Reaction score
I believe in trends, therefore I predict we'll look like dogs**t for 2.5 quarters and make an incredible comeback in the 4th quarter to win.

Largent80

Reaction score
I watched the TB game today, and when they took the opening kickoff in the 3rd quarter I had forgotton while watching live that it looked the same as the previous 2 quarters.

Letting runners, ROOKIE runners into the 2nd level consistently tells me we will be seeing a healthy dose of the same thing until we stop it.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
"Letting runners, ROOKIE runners into the 2nd level consistently tells me we will be seeing a healthy dose of the same thing until we stop it."

The question is, why cant they stop it if the D is not decimated with injuries? Have relatively same roster as last year minus Trufant and Leroy Hill, who were both over the hill. Also Alan Branch. But the only answer I can think of is them feeling complacent and not hungry like they were at beginning of year, and Im sure will be towards playoff push

Largent80

Reaction score
No. TB's O-line was controlling the d-line, absolutely sealing everything off. They played very well.

Watch the game again, it is easy to see.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Largent80":1bt24k08 said:
No. TB's O-line was controlling the d-line, absolutely sealing everything off. They played very well.

That scares me, considering it was a rookie coach on hot seat. maybe he was coaching for his job

Axx

Reaction score
This 32 seconds left russel drives the ball to the 40yd and hauska misses the first kick.
Mike smith ices him. Gets a re do and naild it the 2nd time

Largent80

Reaction score
If you saw the game. TB was pulling out all the stops, even trying an onsides kick in the 1st quarter, then the halfback jump pass. They have NOT QUIT on their coach as was reported. Same with the Rams. They hit us in the mouth and we did not recover.

The true test for this team is this Sunday. They need a statement game.

12thMan1

Reaction score
Hope that they use Miller as a receiver as much as they did in last year's game. Though I highly doubt it. :(

Barthawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":2w4jpe58 said:
They will start game with revenge factor on minds from last year and start strong. Jump out to lead and have lead evaporate but we still squeeze out win. Id say 27-20 Hawks. Halftime score being 20-3 Hawks.
We have big first half and sluggish second. Opposite of what has been happening, and what happened last year.
Don't know why, but this is feeling I have.

Maybe because every game we have with Atlanta is a shootout. We remember last year.
Also I think it was 2006 we won division on a goal line stance against them at Qwest when Vick was QB. I also remember around 2003 or so, Shaun had a last minute TD down there to seal win. Should be no different this year ( just my feeling)

2004 is when we stopped the Falcons 2pt conversion to win the NFCW. Schaub was the QB. We took a 7pt lead late on the QB sneak (stabbed in the back comments afterwards)

2005 we beat them 21-18 after storming out to a 21-3 lead at the half. (Great pass/catch by Hass/Stevens to end the first half).

2002 we won a meaningless late season game in OT in the ATL.

2007 we got bested by Chris Redman in the final game of the year (meaningless to us at the time). Seneca played most of the game for us.. I think the score was like 45-34 or something..

keasley45

Reaction score
Largent80":jdozprcu said:

Watched the game again and i think it was more a case of them using our aggressiveness and blind rush against us. There were a bunch of occasions where our D line (mebane in particular) pushed deep into the backfield on running plays. But it seemed as though our emphasis was more on getting push and less on filling lanes and gaps (blind bull rushes) which actually created running lanes for TB. The Rams did this too. We get a good jump and move the line back, our LB's rush to fill the gaps that are created and the opposing RB hesitates, waits to see what holes are going to be filled and then bursts through the opening. We created holes for them and they used our aggressiveness against us. A high percentage of the successful runs against us in the last two games came on delays / hesitations. This should be easy to correct.

Largent80

Reaction score
You are supposed to hold your ground on rush plays and play off your blocks, not bull rush, and TB's linemen kept us locked up regardless of our efforts, you have to give them credit at some point, not just focus on what we did/didn't do.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Largent80":18ff67si said:

They certinaly did.

Their pass blocking was really good from I saw Sunday.