Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Rams Quinn needs a big time fine cheap shot on RW

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • bigtrain21 wrote:Here is a better angle. He had plenty of time to let up IMO. He received a penalty on the play but it was declined because their was also pass interference.

I'd like to think this angle clears it up for everyone, but I'm sure a few will still try to make a case.
    kamikazehawk
    NET Practice Squad

• Happypuppy wrote:The ball was thrown. He intentionally hit him in the head. There's not even an attempt to tackle he had one goal to hit hit him in the head....

He was careful NOT to hit Wilson in the head with his hand, so not everyone here sees a problem with it.
    But those that don't study this and SEE the forearm smash at the helmet, and are okay with Quinn bending the rule and getting away with it, are some of the same people around here that think Tate was being an asshole?????????????
    PS. Tate could very likely get fined for doing the wavey while Quinn will NOT, and neither will the guy that dove on top of Wilson AFTER he was down, because the Officials weren't watching all the penalty plays that the Rams Defense was commiting for the whole game.
    It's one thing to play hard, and physical, it's quite another to play dirty football.
    Payback is a bitch ,and now they have to come to Seattle and play a healthier, better O-Line, so it's not going to be as easy to pull off the same crap.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Nice angle. Like I said before, typical NFL cheapo. Y'know, there's room to dial back on this type of stuff and still have a tough, violent and even brutal football league. It could be done.

P.S. Nice elbow drop from the NT onto Unger as well, lol.
    Last edited by VivaEfrenHerrera on Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

• The side of Quinns helmet hits Wilson in the Helmet. Should be a fine, if you compare it to the fines that Tate got for Lee and the earlier one this year. Wilsons back is turned, Quinn took (2) steps and did helmet to helmet to a defenseless QB (back turned) need to be consistent on the fines.
    lacenterhawk
    NET Starter

• Guardian wrote:Let's think about it this way; if Irvin did exactly the same play, should he be fined?

I'll answer the question, yes, it was an intentional dirty play and got called as such.
    It doesn't matter who performs a dirty play, it's a dirty play all the same, and a fine is the right action for doing it.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Dude was going for the ball.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• bmorepunk wrote:Dude was going for the ball.

bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• essonto wrote:Man, McQ looks like a sack of fertilizer out there, waaaayyyyy overmatched. I would rather see a rookie give it a shot.

My question is why on earth Unger and Carp were double-teaming the DT (Brockers) when Quinn was turnstiling around McQuistan all freaking day! Does Unger call those protections?

Because Unger can't play two positions at once, and that's why the Rams designed those plays exactly that way.
    At least Watt had the dangle to do it fast and hard, and not play the game as dirty as Quinn does.
    IF I had my choice between wanting either of these guys on my team?, it's Watt, hands down Watt, no doubts.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• so ET's hit on tannehill last year should be legal too. he didnt even take one step cause he was in mid air. well he got fined $15K cause he touched tannehill's helmet, so quinn should as well.

too many ticky tack rules now and they just look stupid trying to explain them.
    bryantology79
    NET Starter

• He launched himself at Russell after the ball was released. Looked to launch after the ball was released not before released
    "While it's true most dragons are cruel, the Terpdragon seems to take particular glee in the misery of others, often tormenting her victims much like a cat plays with a mouse before delivering the final blow."
    Terpdragon
    NET Rookie

• fenderbender123 wrote:Quinn only took one step after the ball was thrown making it legal.

Here's a link for an explanation.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seaha ... a-late-hit

He took a step and leaped towards him. I didn't see any discussion of that specific hit on the link you provided.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• Helmet to helmet on a QB in the act of passing. There is nothing else to talk about.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• It looks like a tomahawk to the head?
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• I don't see a way he didn't see the ball launching through the air. From Quinn's angle, it was right in front of him.
    "John Schneider is...half ninja assassin, half shark. This
    man does not screw around...So glad he is our GM."
    - PGunning101
    gargantual
    NET Veteran

• Rams were playing dirty all night, trying to intentionally injure our players. This is the equivalent of Clemons going helmet-first into Stacy's or Austin's knees. If I was Cable, I'd start calling cut blocks on these DEs on every down and run at them. Fuggit. You wanna play dirty, we can play dirty too. Let's see how they feel when they're carting Quinn off the field with a torn ACL after a legal cut block. On principle, I don't wish injury on any player, but seeing Quinn intentionally trying to concuss Wilson? Screw him. End his season. We need to start letting people know you aren't going to cheap-shot Russell and get away with it.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• bigtrain21 wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Quinn only took one step after the ball was thrown making it legal.

He took a step and leaped towards him. I didn't see any discussion of that specific hit on the link you provided.

Not the same play, but I don't see how it's much different than the one they showed with Matt Ryan. I guess if it's helmet to helmet...but I honestly don't see where he's making contact with the helmet.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Quinn only took one step after the ball was thrown making it legal.

Not the same play, but I don't see how it's much different than the one they showed with Matt Ryan. I guess if it's helmet to helmet...but I honestly don't see where he's making contact with the helmet.

Really?, just watch where Quinns helmet gets jarred to his left when he makes contact with the back of Wilsons helmet.
    Watch it in slow-mo and it removes any doubts.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Textbook Ole' move by McQuistian.
    Dick Johnson
    NET Practice Squad

• McQuistan is the one who needs to get fined (but by the Seahawks).
    rsm650
    NET Starter

• Happypuppy wrote:The ball was thrown. He intentionally hit him in the head. There's not even an attempt to tackle he had one goal to hit hit him in the head....

To me it looks like Quinn is about to go for a strip-sack right as Russ lets it go. Didn't look cheap to me at all.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• You have the slow motion Gifs and thats fine for disection, now go regular speed and watch the time difference isn't as dramatic as we see slow motion. I do see the incidental Helmet contact, I think sice it appears to be sideof the helmet instead of crown the effect isn't ass noticable at full speed. I also see he was making a ball swat.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Only Russell did not have the ball so the "strip sack" move was actually a tomahawk to the head.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:McQuistan should be fined for that whiff.

Agreed and Bowie didn't do much better on lOng
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• LOL at all of you looking at a slow motion gif and saying shit like "he had plenty of time to let up". I think it was clearly clean because Quinn batted his hand right near where Wilson had the football raised very quickly after Russell threw it. He was clearly trying to bat the ball.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• Sgt. Largent wrote:McQuistan should be fined for that whiff.

I was going to type the same thing... :thirishdrinkers:
    hawksmode
    NET Veteran

• A lot of valid points that just don't matter. helmet to helmet doesn't care if it was an attempted strip sack, if he had time, or even if the offensive player ducked into the hit.

Helmet to helmet on a QB who is not a runner=15 yard penalty. Even a hand to his helmet is 15 yards. As for a fine, if Earl can be fined for what he did to Tannehill, why not this hit? Earl didn't have bad intent either.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• I have looked at this several times and I think he had time to make it just a bump like Farwell on Austin the flopper rather than swatting Wilson on the head.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

• nsport wrote:Looks fine to me - he went high but didn't blow him up like he could have, nor did he go for the head. There was another play where Wilson got sacked, then another guy came and plowed him when he was already down, however. I would like to see a fine on that play.

I don't know about a fine, but a flag would've been nice. After all the crap I've seen thrown at us over the years, I just want it to be consistent.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Terpdragon wrote:He launched himself at Russell after the ball was released. Looked to launch after the ball was released not before released

You do realize that was about .75 seconds.

And no helmet to helmet, he chopped down over RW's shoulder.
    “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

• Everyone on the seahawks roster should get to lineup and do that exact same move to McQuistan.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:12 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information