Playoff Picture @ The Midway Point

bestfightstory

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

What stands out to me is that of all the teams listed as IN the Playoffs AND IN the hunt for the playoffs we only have games remaining against three of them (Saints, 49ers, Cards)

San Fran has games remaining against Seattle, Saints, Cards & the Panthers.

The Saints, meanwhile have 6 of their 9 remaining against teams in playoff contention @ the Jets then the Cowboys and 49ers @ Seattle and home and away vs Carolina.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
I'm very pleased that the Saints have to play both us and the 49ers. It guarantees one more loss for either the 49ers or the Saints in that game... and as you noted, very interesting how many more Saints games feature potentially desperate opponents trying to claw their way into a wild card spot or divisional championship hunt.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Considering how we play coming off byes and long rests, do we even want that first-round bye?

(Yes, I know we do.)

Anyway, I note again that the Cardinals hold tiebreakers over the Lions and Panthers through direct victory. I submit that if they take the next two over the Texans and Jags, we really have to take them seriously.

The NFC South won't be decided until late December, probably. I am guessing that one of those Saints/Panthers tilts gets flexed. If Carolina wins that first game at NO on December 8th, I look forward to the rematch on the 22nd on SNF.

iigakusei

Reaction score
The Saints game this week is no cakewalk. I know the Jets just got smoked....but I could see them giving the Saints a tough game.