Bevell/Lynch Relationship

VegasSeahawkFan

Reaction score
Got a feeling that the disconnect between our OC and our star running back is an issue right now. 1st and goal from the 1 and 2nd and goal from the 1 and we went spread with Russ trying to run it in??? Combine this with him getting less carries in a game than I can ever remember (Turbin actually played the majority of two straight drives) and something smells fishy. A buddy of mine at the game said Lynch was visibly upset at times yelling at the coaching staff from on the field and a couple times on the sideline. Just starting to wonder if things are starting to reach a boiling point. I'm sure Lynch is very happy that one of his best friends is back, but we need all 11 on offense to be happy and firing on all cylinders to lock up the 1 seed. Team chemistry is very important, but so is chemistry between players and coaches. We shall see...

The adjustments made on Sunday vs. Tampa will be interesting to observe. I'd expect a very motivated Lynch and a very efficient performance out of our offense. The entire season is a marathon, and hopefully tonight's game will only make us stronger in the long run.

bigcc

Reaction score
also, the one play I remember seeing M-rob in he blew his dude up (unfortunately lynch stumbled on his legs..... was still like a 5 yard run)

If Bevell is going to let some sort of personal grudge keep him from giving a top 5 RB touches then he needs to get his priorities straight.... he damn well almost lost the game, and got russell killed over not giving lynch touches, he had a couple long runs called back too I just don't get it.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I'm not sure on this, but in the early parts of the game, it looked like the offense had some miscommunication in which RW was doing a read option, and Lynch went to line up as a receiver. They weren't on the same page. After this play, I noticed that Turbin was in the game and Lynch was out for some odd reason, and in game day chat everyone just assumed it was due to injury because it's odd that he would be out, but he might of have been benched/talked too.

It looked incredibly dumb as RW was trying to fake the hand off to absolutely no one in the backfield and then a rusher came unblocked off the edge as it was supposed to because it was a read option. They got the sack.

EDIT: The only person I remember saying something about it in the chat was Montana and after everyone was going crazy on the about line, but it seemed like it was Marshawn's fault and Montana is right.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seaswab":3pqoksjf said:
Maybe it was bevell giving lynch the finger back

Now this is interesting

Could he have done it to send a clear message? Interesting thought

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
In a conflict between Bevell and Lynch - Lynch should win.

Lynch has earned the right to whatever he asks.

Bevell has earned scrutiny from our fanbase and to be potentially being yelled at angrily in the airport.

I think it is obvious that without BeastQuake this team does not even exist because Carroll might not have lasted.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Seaswab":3uxadw40 said:

If that's the case, Bevell should be fired immediately. These disputes should be handled during the week, not in a goal line situation in a primetime game. Put your ego in check and call the right play.

OrFan

Reaction score
Seaswab":1ooemyrx said:

First thing I thought of when I read this thread. If so, and truthfully it's probably not, good for Lynch. He is not the one who came out looking like an idiot after this game.

mikeak

Reaction score
Vpk0718":2esd7975 said:
Seaswab":2esd7975 said:

If that's the case, Bevell should be fired immediately. These disputes should be handled during the week, not in a goal line situation in a primetime game. Put your ego in check and call the right play.

Better than benching him and making it public... And if it was then PC knew. Nobody getting fired

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Vpk0718":1o89v2f6 said:
Seaswab":1o89v2f6 said:

Agreed.

Bevell should go anyway, but if true, it should be immediate.

and it looks suspicious....

HawkWow

Reaction score
Did we ever decide if Lynch flipped Bevell off or not? 'Cuz if he did, and did so without repercussion, I could see how Bevell would have issue with it all.

What I can't see is an OC that's probably rehearsing for HC duties, hurting his team by playing bitch games.

IF there is not more to this story (Lynch felt sick, etc.) Pete needs to immediately revaluate his coaching staff and adjust accordingly. And if this is on Lynch, who may not have been thrilled with the Michael pick and the Rob release, then fine the sh^t out of him and / or bench him. It has to stop today (IF a riff exists at all).

rsm650

Reaction score
Honestly there's probably no conspiracy theory. I don't think they hate each other. It's just that the Rams, being a very underrated defense, loaded the box with everyone except maybe one safety to stuff the run. It didn't help that on pass plays the Rams also ran right to Wilson. The OC holding a grudge against a player while putting his team in jeopardy has zero chance of happening in playoff contender teams.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I just don't understand this at all. Bevell isn't stupid enough to risk losing a game to send a message to a single player.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
This is all crap.

Speculation, runours, and crap.

Pete Carroll is captain of the ship. If he wanted Lynch to play he would have overruled his OC. Clearly the Seahawks stuck to a game plan...one that didn't work that well.

And Lynch is frustrated...of course. He wants touches.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2ecxxlj7 said:
Too much speculation.

I prefer to use Occam's Razor in these cases. The most likely answer is the simplest one. The simplest one is that Bevell routinely fails to adjust in the face of an effective defense.

I generally agree....although the goal line offensive play calling was suspicious....

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":29h73x7s said:
Smelly McUgly":29h73x7s said:
Too much speculation.

I prefer to use Occam's Razor in these cases. The most likely answer is the simplest one. The simplest one is that Bevell routinely fails to adjust in the face of an effective defense.

I generally agree....although the goal line offensive play calling was suspicious....

To be fair, two rollouts in a row is kind of unheard of. If it wasn't for Long actually playing contain on the edge RW walks in.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3ho2m6w1 said:
Too much speculation.

That and the adjustments he did make were horrendous. His play calling, for the most part, were like acts of terrorism. If RW wasn't built like a fire hydrant he'd be in ICU right now. In case anyone wondered before...it's now definite. The two most important guys on this team are both named Russell.