Tate's celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigwrm

Reaction score
It seemed like a lot of people were down on Tate in the gameday forum after his TD but personally I love that kind of stuff (except for the penalty in this case). I think personalities like T.O. or Tate make the game more entertaining. Marshawn's creep over the goal line against SF or Tate's pose from last week's punt return (too bad it ended up coming back) were hilarious. Maybe I'm in the minority here?

For some reason though, I do a little annoyed by Earl's constant mugging after every single tackle. It's one thing to do it after a touchdown but tackling a guy after he gains 8 yards on first down isn't exactly worth celebrating. I guess he's playing for that big extension and wants to make sure Schneider's paying attention!

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
I enjoyed it. Football is supposed to be entertainment for the fans -- and that play was.

BWRyan

Reaction score
I'm with you. I thought it was hilarious -- this is a passionate game, and Tate just made a fantastic game winning play. Who cares what he does during the run? I didn't even realize this sort of thing was a penalty.

Remember when Lynch grabbed his nuts jumping into the endzone against the Saints? How great was that? This is part of what makes football fun for me. My only gripe is excessive celebration after a first down.

ET getting amped after a tackle -- well, he's a young kid and he's having fun. He's also having a great season. So I don't care what he does! :)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maybe a little too Neon Deion but I will never buy it "motivated" the Rams...

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I didn't mind it, I thought it was entertaining and immediately started laughing.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is one of the great hypocrisies in the NFL.

They make all these rules to favor the offense. It's obviously an offense and QB driven league and the NFL obviously wants to drive the score up for excitement value.

Then they penalize guys for creative TD celebrations that are entertaining.

Personally, I don't have a problem with a guy waving "bye bye" to the defense when he single handedly scorched them, but it's against the rules right now, so it's a boneheaded play by Tate. Fortunately, it didn't cost us.

daketah

Reaction score
bigwrm":2jun6o9d said:
It seemed like a lot of people were down on Tate in the gameday forum after his TD but personally I love that kind of stuff (except for the penalty in this case). I think personalities like T.O. or Tate make the game more entertaining. Marshawn's creep over the goal line against SF or Tate's pose from last week's punt return (too bad it ended up coming back) were hilarious. Maybe I'm in the minority here?

For some reason though, I do a little annoyed by Earl's constant mugging after every single tackle. It's one thing to do it after a touchdown but tackling a guy after he gains 8 yards on first down isn't exactly worth celebrating. I guess he's playing for that big extension and wants to make sure Schneider's paying attention!

Pro Football is a brutal sport of domination. When there are DBs jaw-ing about a shut-down for most of the game, a Tate HAS TO reciprocate!

kmedic

Reaction score
The way I see it is that he doesn't do that unless some serious smack talk was goin on. I have to assume that someone in the Rams secondary was saying some pretty low crap. I'll take the taunting penalty for that.

mrblitz

Reaction score
i liked the play, but the showboating was unique. part of it may have been because of something jenkins might have said, prior to that play. didn't jenkins insult another wr's girlfriend just last week? maybe tate-jenkins had been jawing all game...

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
I loved it. It's so annoying to see people complain about the NFL not being fun anymore (it is getting lame with all the flags), and then say it's unsportsmanlike when someone does a celebration and has some fun. It's just a game right?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
You know, I'm not much of a fan for pulling the penalty flags out on taunting. You want them to stop taunting you? Man up and stop them; give them no reason to taunt you. Stop interfering and taking the fun out of the game by refereeing all the emotion out of a game driven by emotion. You can't handle "neener neener?" Play soccer. Or curling. Otherwise, put your big boy pants on and take it like a man. And if there was ever a play to taunt on, that was it.

I absolutely hated seeing the Rams do those stupid sack dances, which is essentially the same thing (minus the penalties, of course, 'cause why be objective when you can be arbitrary), but hey, that's the game. Want to stop those stupid sack dances? Don't let 'em sack Russell Wilson, jackasses. Same goes for the Tate play.

It's a stupid rule that arbitrarily punishes emotion and not breaking the rules for an unfair advantage.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Pete was very unhappy about it, Sherman was not pleased either. That kind of stuff only makes it harder on the defense. Tel me again how many minutes did Tate spend on the field?

A wr who drops the ball and puts the onus back on the defense, should not be taunting and costing his team 15 yards when he makes one play.

What if Tavon Austin had run that kick off back for a TD? We would have lost, would you have loved the taunt then?

dusktreader

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1ercp377 said:
You know, I'm not much of a fan for pulling the penalty flags out on taunting. You want them to stop taunting you? Man up and stop them; give them no reason to taunt you. Stop interfering and taking the fun out of the game by refereeing all the emotion out of a game driven by emotion. You can't handle "neener neener?" Play soccer. Or curling. Otherwise, put your big boy pants on and take it like a man. And if there was ever a play to taunt on, that was it.

I absolutely hated seeing the Rams do those stupid sack dances, which is essentially the same thing (minus the penalties, of course, 'cause why be objective when you can be arbitrary), but hey, that's the game. Want to stop those stupid sack dances? Don't let 'em sack Russell Wilson, jackasses. Same goes for the Tate play.

It's a stupid rule that arbitrarily punishes emotion and not breaking the rules for an unfair advantage.

This. Well put, sir

shawnsim

Reaction score
Who was it yesterday that iced the game with a pick six?

He high stepped for like 30 yards and did not get flagged.

Isnt it kind of the same?

captSE

Reaction score
The rams defensive end Quinn pissed me off with his excessive chest pounding. Tate's celebration was not done because he put a Hurtin on anyone. There's no balance here. Translation? It's a bullshit call on Tate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts