Seahawk Guest Barista's at Starbucks Today 3-4pm

Animalman

Reaction score
Saw this on twitter feed just now. Apparently Pete and 8 seahawks are doing a charity drive by being guest baristas at local Starbucks from 3-4 pm today. Go say hi!

http://www.starbucks.com/seattle/events/seahawks

Come visit the Seahawks October 23 from 3-4 p.m. at one of these local Starbucks stores:

1200 Westlake Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109
1420 5th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
1962 1st Ave S., Seattle, WA 98134
4824 Rainier Ave. S., Seattle, WA 98118
1717 NE 44th Street, Renton, WA 98056
621 Rainier Avenue S., Renton, WA 98055
15015 Main Street, Bellevue, WA 98007
116 Lake Street, Kirkland, WA 98033

CANHawk

Reaction score
Lol. What a dilemma for some people; SO much Starbucks hate, but SO much Seahawks love. what to do... what to do...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
CANHawk":3ftgc0ek said:
Lol. What a dilemma for some people; SO much Starbucks hate, but SO much Seahawks love. what to do... what to do...
Simple. Go there and order a water.

Reaction score
CANHawk":2345jzeh said:
Simple for me.
Direct multiple profanities toward Howard Schultz. And let's not forget the accompanying obscene gestures.

Go Hawks!
BillA

OrFan

Reaction score
Have a t-shirt made and wear it in there.

On the front : I Hate Starbucks!

On the back : But, I Love the Seahawks!

silverss

Reaction score
Is there a hatred for Starbux in Seattle?

Please do tell - enquiring mind here. Not aware of how the locals feel in general but reading these posts makes me think that something is going on....

thx

Showmeyourtd's

Reaction score
I hate hate hate starbucks. sorry if this has ever happened to anyone, but whenever i'm nearby and i have to go #2, ill go to starbucks do that and not flush. I loved the sonics as much as the seahawks, and i'm still pretty butthurt...

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Showmeyourtd's":28y7zk0a said:
I hate hate hate starbucks. sorry if this has ever happened to anyone, but whenever i'm nearby and i have to go #2, ill go to starbucks do that and not flush. I loved the sonics as much as the seahawks, and i'm still pretty butthurt...

yeah except when you do that. You're not attacking Schultz who you really hate. You're making life miserable for the poor folks who just work there. Good Job.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
My take on Starbucks.

Coffee..better than the typical crap MOST people make at home, and most importantly it's consistent, which is big for people who make routines out of their day to day lives.

I don't like that Schultz sold the Super Sonics, but I won't hate on Starbucks for that reason.

Honestly I see Starbucks as a local business that made it. All these local roasters that hate on Starbucks and hipsters bug me. Because honestly, it was because of Starbucks these local roasters this industry even really kicked off in the first place. If a lot of these local roasters had the opportunity to become the giant that Starbucks is, they would.

I got no issue with Starbucks. Their HQ is here. So as far as I'm concerned it's a local business, and I'm happy to support it. If there is a better option around and I'm in the mood to sit down and really enjoy a quality cup of coffee, then I will go there. But all these places serve their purpose.

p.s.

Starbucks also sponsors the Hawks. So the times that I get a coffee from Starbucks, I'm glad to know that some portion (albeit a small one) of my money is going towards keeping a local seattlelite employed, the city of Seattle, and the Seahawks themselves. Where as if I go to a roaster like Stumptown (which does have much better coffee), I may be helping a local employee, but that's about it.

Chapow

Reaction score
ZagHawk,

Those 2 posts are absolutely spot on. Nice work.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I'm extremely close to two of those locations, but meh, not feeling the coffee today.

Throwdown

Reaction score
CANHawk":3qimdvxn said:

I don't drink coffee and Starbucks can die.

minormillikin

Reaction score
In related news, if you need a decent place to park for a Seahawks game, the Starbucks parking garage is a good option.
Covered spot, not too pricey, then a reasonably short walk through throngs of tailgaters to the stadium. It's also in a great location for quickly escaping Seattle after the game.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Man I would love it if this was in Spokane. I don't mind starbucks and I love the Seahawks.

Latest posts