Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Danny O'Neil claims Coleman "beat out" Mike Rob
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:33 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:18 pm
Posts: 2064
Location: Marysville, WA
In a situation such as ours where two lineman are still out, who would you rather have as an extra blocker for Lynch or even in pass pro, a rookie or a vet? I know its much more complex than that but I think getting mrob back is pretty darn significant given our current situation.

_________________
Image Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny O'Neil claims Coleman "beat out" Mike Rob
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:44 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2265
CANHawk wrote:
Hawks46 wrote:
CANHawk wrote:
AgentDib wrote:
I wonder if everybody realizes that we are averaging 4.5 yards per carry so far this season? Obviously I would love for it to be even better with MRob, but blaming our offensive struggles on Derrick Coleman is hilariously silly.


Yerp. Marshwn is on pace for 1,300 yards this season. That's bang on pace for what he's done the last two full seasons he's played. Giving MRob as much credit for Marshawn's success as some people around here are giving him is an insult to Marshawn.

And this is coming from a guy who PLAYED fullback! I NEVER think my kind get enough credit, but people are being a bit silly fawning over MRob these days.


This is what happens when you cherry pick stats. How about looking at our rushing average out of....say, I formation ? Or how about comparing every formation with a FB. Take out the rushes from Wilson. You'd have a better idea how Coleman is doing, and it's not good. It affects Lynch; he doesn't trust his blocking, even when it's there. Some teams figured it out and clogged the cut back lanes, which ended up with lower rushing totals.

What Kearly said was that "very important pieces were being left ouf of the playbook". We were leaving the fullback on the sidelines, running 3 WRs, spreading the defense out, and running Lynch out of single set back. Anyone notice that we haven't been wearing teams out in the 4th quarter with our run game ? I formation has a lot to do with that; you beat up people a hell of a lot more with a FB than spreading the defense out and finding lanes that way. It's a finesse way to run, and people honestly have to admit that Carroll definately doesn't want to be a finesse team.


How am I cherry picking stats? And what the hell does Russell Wilson's rushing total have to do with Marshawn personally being on pace to put up 1,300 individual rushing yards this year? He has 578 yards through 7 games in 2013, 578/7=82.6YPG. 82.6x16 games=1,322 yard pace for the 2013 season. Show me what I cherry picked...

No, I think you missed my point that Marshawn Lynch is perfectly capable of being a feature back that puts up 1,000+ yards a season without Mike Robinson. At no point did I specifically mention I formation when I said that. To hear some around here talk, you'd think Marshawn incapable of putting on his own shoes or feeding himself without Michael Robinson there to help and I call bullshit. Marshawn is a fricken BEAST.

You make a good point about I Form contributing to beating teams up in the first 3 quarters and I totally agree with that. But you're also forgetting to factor in the fact we're playing with 2 back up tackles (one of whom is a pro bowler and the other a bad mutha trucka) and had 2 games without our All Pro center. You don't think THAT might ALSO be a contributing factor in why we're not beating teams up in the 4th? And I'm the one cherry picking...

Look, I hope Mike's return has as big of an impact on that part of our identity as many here seem to think it will be. If he's healthy and he's the same guy he was at the end of last year, then he will absolutely be an improvement over the deaf blind mute. But Tech's right; people are putting this one guy on way too high of a pedestil. Setting expectations for one guy as high as people are only sets us up for dissapointment...



That's a 20% drop off from last season


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny O'Neil claims Coleman "beat out" Mike Rob
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:01 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8826
Location: Granite Falls, WA
themunn wrote:
CANHawk wrote:
Hawks46 wrote:
CANHawk wrote:
[quote="AgentDib"]I wonder if everybody realizes that we are averaging 4.5 yards per carry so far this season? Obviously I would love for it to be even better with MRob, but blaming our offensive struggles on Derrick Coleman is hilariously silly.


Yerp. Marshwn is on pace for 1,300 yards this season. That's bang on pace for what he's done the last two full seasons he's played. Giving MRob as much credit for Marshawn's success as some people around here are giving him is an insult to Marshawn.

And this is coming from a guy who PLAYED fullback! I NEVER think my kind get enough credit, but people are being a bit silly fawning over MRob these days.


This is what happens when you cherry pick stats. How about looking at our rushing average out of....say, I formation ? Or how about comparing every formation with a FB. Take out the rushes from Wilson. You'd have a better idea how Coleman is doing, and it's not good. It affects Lynch; he doesn't trust his blocking, even when it's there. Some teams figured it out and clogged the cut back lanes, which ended up with lower rushing totals.

What Kearly said was that "very important pieces were being left ouf of the playbook". We were leaving the fullback on the sidelines, running 3 WRs, spreading the defense out, and running Lynch out of single set back. Anyone notice that we haven't been wearing teams out in the 4th quarter with our run game ? I formation has a lot to do with that; you beat up people a hell of a lot more with a FB than spreading the defense out and finding lanes that way. It's a finesse way to run, and people honestly have to admit that Carroll definately doesn't want to be a finesse team.


How am I cherry picking stats? And what the hell does Russell Wilson's rushing total have to do with Marshawn personally being on pace to put up 1,300 individual rushing yards this year? He has 578 yards through 7 games in 2013, 578/7=82.6YPG. 82.6x16 games=1,322 yard pace for the 2013 season. Show me what I cherry picked...

No, I think you missed my point that Marshawn Lynch is perfectly capable of being a feature back that puts up 1,000+ yards a season without Mike Robinson. At no point did I specifically mention I formation when I said that. To hear some around here talk, you'd think Marshawn incapable of putting on his own shoes or feeding himself without Michael Robinson there to help and I call bullshit. Marshawn is a fricken BEAST.

You make a good point about I Form contributing to beating teams up in the first 3 quarters and I totally agree with that. But you're also forgetting to factor in the fact we're playing with 2 back up tackles (one of whom is a pro bowler and the other a bad mutha trucka) and had 2 games without our All Pro center. You don't think THAT might ALSO be a contributing factor in why we're not beating teams up in the 4th? And I'm the one cherry picking...

Look, I hope Mike's return has as big of an impact on that part of our identity as many here seem to think it will be. If he's healthy and he's the same guy he was at the end of last year, then he will absolutely be an improvement over the deaf blind mute. But Tech's right; people are putting this one guy on way too high of a pedestil. Setting expectations for one guy as high as people are only sets us up for dissapointment...



That's a 20% drop off from last season[/quote]

Of course there is. We are missing 40 percent of our starting offensive line.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny O'Neil claims Coleman
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:03 am 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:28 am
Posts: 953
Scottemojo wrote:
I let Kip pick out what I'm going to wear, but when it comes to football I do my own thinking. And I thought Coleman was pretty bad.
I like you pointing out groupthink. Like you said, it doesn't make it wrong.


Exactomundo. Kip DID mention Coleman's poor blocking way back when Michael Robinson was cut ... but he was far from the only one. From the moment he was released, I was very vocal in complaining about Coleman's poor blocking as well. It wasn't exactly rocket science when you see Coleman go try to lay a block ... he gets knocked back ... and Lynch (who was running that way) suddenly reverses his field and decides to go the other way. It was dead obvious that Coleman was nowhere near the blocker that Robinson is. And when you see that pattern play itself out again and again ... it was clear that wasn't working well, as Coleman simply wasn't as experienced and polished at it. Little did I realize at that point how much of an issue blocking for this offense as a whole was going to be.

Look, I have nothing but the greatest respect for Kip's football knowledge and listen to his opinions (and others whom I respect) ... but I most certainly do my own analysis and make up my own mind when it comes to football.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny O'Neil claims Coleman "beat out" Mike Rob
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:10 am 
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
*PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm
Posts: 8673
Location: Is Everything
Tech Worlds wrote:
themunn wrote:
CANHawk wrote:
Hawks46 wrote:
[quote="CANHawk"][quote="AgentDib"]I wonder if everybody realizes that we are averaging 4.5 yards per carry so far this season? Obviously I would love for it to be even better with MRob, but blaming our offensive struggles on Derrick Coleman is hilariously silly.


Yerp. Marshwn is on pace for 1,300 yards this season. That's bang on pace for what he's done the last two full seasons he's played. Giving MRob as much credit for Marshawn's success as some people around here are giving him is an insult to Marshawn.

And this is coming from a guy who PLAYED fullback! I NEVER think my kind get enough credit, but people are being a bit silly fawning over MRob these days.


This is what happens when you cherry pick stats. How about looking at our rushing average out of....say, I formation ? Or how about comparing every formation with a FB. Take out the rushes from Wilson. You'd have a better idea how Coleman is doing, and it's not good. It affects Lynch; he doesn't trust his blocking, even when it's there. Some teams figured it out and clogged the cut back lanes, which ended up with lower rushing totals.

What Kearly said was that "very important pieces were being left ouf of the playbook". We were leaving the fullback on the sidelines, running 3 WRs, spreading the defense out, and running Lynch out of single set back. Anyone notice that we haven't been wearing teams out in the 4th quarter with our run game ? I formation has a lot to do with that; you beat up people a hell of a lot more with a FB than spreading the defense out and finding lanes that way. It's a finesse way to run, and people honestly have to admit that Carroll definately doesn't want to be a finesse team.


How am I cherry picking stats? And what the hell does Russell Wilson's rushing total have to do with Marshawn personally being on pace to put up 1,300 individual rushing yards this year? He has 578 yards through 7 games in 2013, 578/7=82.6YPG. 82.6x16 games=1,322 yard pace for the 2013 season. Show me what I cherry picked...

No, I think you missed my point that Marshawn Lynch is perfectly capable of being a feature back that puts up 1,000+ yards a season without Mike Robinson. At no point did I specifically mention I formation when I said that. To hear some around here talk, you'd think Marshawn incapable of putting on his own shoes or feeding himself without Michael Robinson there to help and I call bullshit. Marshawn is a fricken BEAST.

You make a good point about I Form contributing to beating teams up in the first 3 quarters and I totally agree with that. But you're also forgetting to factor in the fact we're playing with 2 back up tackles (one of whom is a pro bowler and the other a bad mutha trucka) and had 2 games without our All Pro center. You don't think THAT might ALSO be a contributing factor in why we're not beating teams up in the 4th? And I'm the one cherry picking...

Look, I hope Mike's return has as big of an impact on that part of our identity as many here seem to think it will be. If he's healthy and he's the same guy he was at the end of last year, then he will absolutely be an improvement over the deaf blind mute. But Tech's right; people are putting this one guy on way too high of a pedestil. Setting expectations for one guy as high as people are only sets us up for dissapointment...



That's a 20% drop off from last season[/quote]

Of course there is. We are missing 40 percent of our starting offensive line.[/quote]

McQuistan is playing out of position too and Unger missed 2 games. Just sayin.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny O'Neil claims Coleman
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:06 am 
* Gangnameister *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm
Posts: 11083
Location: PoCompton, BC Canada
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's a 20% drop off from last season


Of course there is. We are missing 40 percent of our starting offensive line.


McQuistan is playing out of position too and Unger missed 2 games. Just sayin.


And we also haven't got to the soft mushy vulnerable underbelly of our 2013 schedule either. Thus far we've had games against the Panthers (currently #4 against the run), San Fransisco, Houston, and Arizona. All are pretty tough front 7's and aren't particularly easy to run on. MRob's back now so the argument is totally moot, but tell me the group we've had for the past two weeks couldn't get Marshawn up over 100+ yards against STL(twice) & TB & ATL & whatever will be left of the rotting bloated corpse of the Minnesota Vikings by the time we play them. I think that'd make up your 20% and then some.

In taking the stance that I don't believe Michael Robinson deserves as much credit for Marshawn's success as he seems to get around here, I've been making arguments that sound like I'm not a fan of his return. That couldn't be further from the truth. I'm totally P&J'd about it. Not trying to be Debbie Downer here or anything (but I's keeps it REAL bitch!). A healthy Mike Rob is absolutely better than a healthy Derrick Coleman and that's a no-brainer (sorry Danny but you're just wrong). Nothing but good things will come from this addition, but the people carrying on like Shawn is going to run for 2,500 yards now that the great and powerful MRob's back need to just settle down a little bit...

_________________
I <3 Nunchucks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny O'Neil claims Coleman "beat out" Mike Rob
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:28 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:40 pm
Posts: 1309
kearly wrote:
Smellyman wrote:
Danny, good writer, funny, good insight and Brock, Danny and Tom have a great time working with each other.

Some poeple in this thread need to be better in life


Ironically, I read this comment in my head using Skip Bailess voice.

Tom Wassel is great. Funny, insightful, and IMO the sharpest mind of the three. Wouldn't mind one bit it becomes the Brock and Tom show down the road.


Tom has a random funny point but about 9 annoying points. I think Danny/Salk are/were the most annoying. If I hear danny play this hip hop gansta rap angle one more time I'm going to destroy my Iphone. For your viewing pleasure i've posted i pic of Danny, just imagine being in the studio having to listen to this guy talk about Wu Tang Clan.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny O'Neil claims Coleman "beat out" Mike Rob
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:06 am
Posts: 2051
I would hope that Coleman could beat out a deathly ill Mike Rob.

That would be embarrassing.

_________________
Image

Go Hawks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny O'Neil claims Coleman
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:45 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Fri May 18, 2012 4:38 pm
Posts: 2265
Tech Worlds wrote:

Of course there is. We are missing 40 percent of our starting offensive line.


And the 43 yard game in Carolina with everybody healthy? Good run D or not, we've put up far more yards against far superior run D's in the past

Having everyone injured didn't seem to matter at the end of 2011 either, when Lynch was the first player to put up 100 yards against the 49ers in 37 games or something (and averaged over 5 ypc), behind a line of McQuistan, Gallery, Unger, Jeanpierre and Giacomini.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Danny O'Neil claims Coleman "beat out" Mike Rob
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:54 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8826
Location: Granite Falls, WA
themunn wrote:
Tech Worlds wrote:

Of course there is. We are missing 40 percent of our starting offensive line.


And the 43 yard game in Carolina with everybody healthy? Good run D or not, we've put up far more yards against far superior run D's in the past

Having everyone injured didn't seem to matter at the end of 2011 either, when Lynch was the first player to put up 100 yards against the 49ers in 37 games or something (and averaged over 5 ypc), behind a line of McQuistan, Gallery, Unger, Jeanpierre and Giacomini.


It still is a factor not having your guys up front.

You can't cherry pick games.

Last year's game against Atlanta... We couldn't run worth shit WITH Robinson.

Even with all our guys we still struggle sometimes to run the ball. All teams do. To act like missing 40 percent of our starting offensive line is not a factor in the run and pass game is ignoring football 101.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]



 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.