Danny O'Neil claims Coleman "beat out" Mike Rob

BigBallsPete

Reaction score
On top of that, he said he hopes for no performance drop-off now that we have Robinson.

You guys catch that yesterday?

O'Neil is such a clown.

hawker84

Reaction score
He's a flippin moron, coleman isn't nearly as effective as MRob at fullback from what i've seen. Not saying he can't be better down the road, but this year i think we do better with MRob back there.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Highly doubt it. If MRob was healthy, I'm almost certain Ware/Coleman would've been on PS ans MRob asked to take a pay cut.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
BigBallsPete":1wchgl73 said:
On top of that, he said he hopes for no performance drop-off now that we have Robinson.

You guys catch that yesterday?

O'Neil is such a clown.

That's just silly. I wonder if Danny was enamored with Coleman's preseason pass catching and adequate blocking? Lockette tweeted that Marshawn damn near came to tears when MikeRob entered the locker room. That's surely a sign that his lead blocking will take a step backward, LOL!

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
What's wrong with saying that Coleman beat out a guy who had lost 40 pounds from an illness and was hospitalized? Can't play fullback from a hospital bed

TwilightError

Reaction score
He just makes provocative comments as part of his profession. MikeRob is an ox!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":11hh72zt said:
What's wrong with saying that Coleman beat out a guy who had lost 40 pounds from an illness and was hospitalized? Can't play fullback from a hospital bed

To say Coleman "beat out" Robinson infers he outperformed MRob on the field

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
It was a bit of a "Perfect Storm" to use MRob own words. Him being ill, combined with his salary and the influx of young, cheap talent all in the crucible of a potential Championship run. That wasn't much of a choice or a competition. The one thing that wasn't counted on is the fact that Lynch seemingly never fully embraced the change and has not fully trusted the blocking of the Heir apparent. The bond between he and MRob was an intangible that to a guy like Lynch is a really big piece of the pie. I am under no illusion that this is a long term solution. But for now I cant wait for the first time MRob blows Chris Long to the side Monday night to spring his best friend for a Beastly Ramble. Then we will know that this Championship aspiration of ours truly has some teeth!

Welcome Back Michael Robinson!

Go Hawks.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You simply cannot put a price on having Lynch's trust. Thank God MRob is back!

Axx

Reaction score
Is danny o neil that midget who knows nothing about football whos co-host is that brock guy?

The Radish

Reaction score
Nice article about it in our newspaper this morning. I'd post it but if you don't subscribe to our paper they charge for access to their files.

Its from MikeRobs side and he said just what is posted above, he was ill, making more money than any fullback in the league.

The team had to make a decision, keep him and pay him $2.5 million or cut him and take a chance on younger talent. That experiment didn't work as well as they hoped because it takes a while for a new blocker to "get it" about that position.

I'd now be interested in what happens next year.

:les:

Basis4day

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1oow4ekc said:

This. Someone post O'Neal's actual quote? I get the impression that people are reading way too into this.
If Robinson can't take the field he did get beat out by default. There is nothing inaccurate or misinformed about this statement.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Coleman DID beat out Mike Rob. The fact that Mike Rob was down to 180lbs, using a walker and set to make $2.5m obviously played a huge factor in it, but Coleman STILL beat him. Could Coleman beat out a HEALTHY Mike Rob? Probably not, but lucky for Coleman, he didn't have to...

And FWIW, I really like Danny O'Neil. His strange fetish for bow ties notwithstanding. I think he's a pretty sharp guy. He does his homework and knows his stuff, unlike half the chuckleheads on this board these days...

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
-The Glove-":342t0u5q said:
Missing_Clink":342t0u5q said:

Mike Rob wasn't even on the field because he was sick. He couldn't play. Coleman beat him out and outperformed him by default.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":sr0vblwk said:
-The Glove-":sr0vblwk said:
Missing_Clink":sr0vblwk said:

Mike Rob wasn't even on the field because he was sick. He couldn't play. Coleman beat him out and outperformed him by default.

I understand that

ivotuk

Reaction score
O'Neill is an ass kisser and I get so tired of his faked laugh that he makes overly loud. He has some occasional good points but then he gets arrogant and says the stupidest isht! He even overrides Brock sometimes which is completely ignorant.

Danny is very knowledgeable, but he needs to tone it down some with his "volume."

And to say Coleman outperformed Robinson on the field appears to be an attempt to kiss up to Pete and John, but it's far from reality. Someone as smart as Mr. O'Neill should know that "outperforming" someone, or something means a head to head competition under similar conditions.

Johnny

Reaction score
I don't see much of a performance drop-off with MRob coming back, maybe Mike getting his playing legs and wind back in this game vs the Rams, I think Lynch will have his best rushing performance of the year with MRod back in front of him.... I see 120+ yds from Lynch in this game.

Teqneek

Reaction score
CANHawk":hi8n61lw said:
Coleman DID beat out Mike Rob. The fact that Mike Rob was down to 180lbs, using a walker and set to make $2.5m obviously played a huge factor in it, but Coleman STILL beat him. Could Coleman beat out a HEALTHY Mike Rob? Probably not, but lucky for Coleman, he didn't have to...

And FWIW, I really like Danny O'Neil. His strange fetish for bow ties notwithstanding. I think he's a pretty sharp guy. He does his homework and knows his stuff, unlike half the chuckleheads on this board these days...

grasping much there.. 180 lbs? LOL.. Just pulling numbers out our butt now eh ;) 212 was the number.. but hey whats 32 lbs right?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Teqneek":31ylq5oc said:
CANHawk":31ylq5oc said:

grasping much there.. 180 lbs? LOL.. Just pulling numbers out our butt now eh ;) 212 was the number.. but hey whats 32 lbs right?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/sarcasm