RAMS GONNA WIN!!!!! (Bait and switch)

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
Ok, now that i have your attention, no, i actually don't think they are going to win.

I really do not think the Rams have much of a chance in this one, i will hope for a win but will not be holding my breath. Kellen freaking Clemens for god sake. I already made my points about the game in the troll post RamsandRickshaw made.

Just came to say i hope for an entertaining, injury free game with some good, fair refereeing for both sides.

kearly

Reaction score
I hate to say this because of how it sounds, but if you are a Rams fan, do you even want to win at this point? Your season is clearly toast, and this is a QB class for the ages coming up with quite a few QB desperate teams out there all copying the Colts blueprint from 2011 (Springtime-ing for Hitler, as I like to call it).

IMO, a Seahawks victory is win-win. Snead was a dummy for even thinking Bradford extension. Really a shame it will probably fall through at the last moment because of the injury, which I'm sure will force the Rams to evaluate their long term priorities.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
kearly":3vw04iyd said:
I hate to say this because of how it sounds, but if you are a Rams fan, do you even want to win at this point? Your season is clearly toast, and this is a QB class for the ages coming up with quite a few QB desperate teams out there all copying the Colts blueprint from 2011 (Springtime-ing for Hitler, as I like to call it).

IMO, a Seahawks victory is win-win. Snead was a dummy for even thinking Bradford extension. Really a shame it will probably fall through at the last moment because of the injury, which I'm sure will force the Rams to evaluate their long term priorities.

You tried that crap with us kearly.

Losing for draft position is lame!

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
kearly":3mm925yz said:

Don't have to hate how it sounds, as a Rams fan we have discussed that situation for the last many years.

I understand your point, whats the point of winning if we arn't even going to make the playoffs etc. Would just move our draft position back. I do want the Rams to win, honestly. I know it may lower our position in the draft, but i rather us win. If they want a QB bad enough in the 1st, we can always move up to get them.

A lot of Rams fans want to draft a QB early in the draft(Bridgewater, Boyd, Mariota, Hundley, Manziel??), i am still not sure about this TBH. I still like Bradford, and that may be because of my Ram homerism or its just cause i like him, idk. He had shown improvement this year and really want him to succeed, but ofc at the same time, he could be better. A lot of fans want to draft a QB in the 2nd-4th as a semi developmental QB who would actually be a good back up if needed or if Sam struggled could be thrown into the fire and have a chance.

Fisher has said that Sam will be the starter next year, but even if we draft a QB in the first, he is still telling the truth to a point.

I really like Mariota if we did draft a QB early, though i still like Sam. I know lots of people don't think Sam as anything but average at best, but you know us Rams fans.

I really have no idea what the Rams are going to do. And at this point, even if iFisher didn't want to tank, don't know if it won't happen anyway. The Carolina game has really shattered a lot of us and are still trying to comeback from it.

If the Rams move on from Bradford, so be it, I will understand the move and probably disagree at first, but since can't so anything about it will just have to move on and get on board.

p.s. LOL at the Springtime-ing for Hitler, that is a perfect way to describe that scenario.

AVL

Reaction score
Bring on the draft! Why encourage losing?

As for the promising new crop of quarterbacks, it seems like I remember about a year ago kearly lamenting Wilson's play after a disappointing performance and talk about re-scouting last years class.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Colts fans don't seem to think so.

I think the Rams need to win. Bradford isn't all that bad and his second contract will likely be much smaller than his first contract because of his body of work and this injury. But I think this injury could be a blessing in disguise for Bradford. He'll sit down look at his career and ask himself does he really have what it takes to be a QB and work his way back. Doesn't mean that still can't draft competition and do it the right way and challenge him to his potential.

Also, I think Quinn could be decent for them if he can challenge Clemens, Quinn is a bad QB but he's smart and has a strong arm... not much accuracy but an arm that can exploit defenses in tandem with the quick and fast WRs on the Rams roster. Quinn is also more athletic than Clemens and had a whole summer to watch Russel Wilson to work a scramble drill.

That team needs to win, needs to get to 8-8, 9-7... or I think people are losing jobs and people could be losing jobs as a move back to L.A. might seem like a possibility.

For the Seahawks, it means the Rams would draft higher, and for me, it means I can root for the Redskins to suck and for the Vikings and Giants to pick it up. Packers hopefully fall apart as well.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Hawks 'should' win this one. That said, the Rams playing at home, with two of the best DE's in the league matched up against two of the worst OT's, there is potential to at least make this a very long day for RW and the Seahawks 'O.'

Ball security, pounding the rock and playing great 'D' are essential to secure the win. I hope we don't have to pass much at all. Bowie against Chris Long makes me shudder...same with McQuistan against Quinn! Another series of scrambling drills for RW with some tackling dummy mixed in. Those two DE owned our tackles when we had our starters at the end of last season, sheesh!

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":ryimt6fp said:
The Hawks 'should' win this one. That said, the Rams playing at home, with two of the best DE's in the league matched up against two of the worst OT's, there is potential to at least make this a very long day for RW and the Seahawks 'O.'

Ball security, pounding the rock and playing great 'D' are essential to secure the win. I hope we don't have to pass much at all. Bowie against Chris Long makes me shudder...same with McQuistan against Quinn! Another series of scrambling drills for RW with some tackling dummy mixed in. Those two DE owned our tackles when we had our starters at the end of last season, sheesh!

The best the Rams can hope for is to contain Lynch and Wilson like we did Carolina last week, only problem is Cam completed 88% of his passes last week when we did this. Wilson can extend plays better than Cam can as i mentioned in the other thread, except Wilson will do it and pass instead of going for the run as much like Cam so we are even more screwed. Our secondary needs to step up big time and play their best game of the year or else it won't matter how well we stop the run. I think you can win easier by going through the air(depending which run defense shows up this week).

As for our Offense vs your Defense....i don't have to even say anything about that.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Just rewatched our bout from last December yesterday. That game was no joke save for a few costly penalties. Hope our guys get up for this one!

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If Pete is committed to the run, and he is, the Hawks win. That Ram D can be run on easily. Only way the Hawks lose is to have one of those 5 fumble and a pick or two. Which is the Ram's puncher's chance.

Subzero717

Reaction score
If I heard correctly Bradford has a monster bonus coming this offseason. 27 million? He clearly in my view is not the guy anyway.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Can some one please show me how to embed a youtube video? I have a perfect video for this thread.

OP
OP
Fitz the Ram

Fitz the Ram

Reaction score
Fudwamper":3r1e74wz said:
Can some one please show me how to embed a youtube video? I have a perfect video for this thread.

Please don't let it be "Ram Rules", already feel bad enough lol

CANHawk

Reaction score
Didn't the Rams just do that!? Losing out for a #1 overall QB of the future? How's that working out..? Unless their name is Luck or Manning, those ballyhooed "QBOTF's" are a total crapshoot (and even Eli didn't pan out right away). If you're lucky you get a Matthew Stafford, but you're just as likely to get a JaDavid Couch. Naw, somebody cue up Herm Edwards, because you play... to win... the game.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I couldn't believe they literally had RG3 in their grasp and chose to keep Bradford while trading picks. It was like they felt he was good "enough" so they chose to fill other needs.

They still could have got picks for Bradford AND drafted RG3. They messed up. I was happy that they didn't go after RG3, but that just seemed like they were settling. RG3 probably doesn't hurt his knee in STL and changes their outlook in a big way.

I know its hindsight, but when I saw RG3 in STL I saw dangerous Rams. 4 seasons of Bradford and still not getting the W/L record. Stats are nice, but not clutch by any means.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1m5h1ji3 said:
If Pete is committed to the run, and he is, the Hawks win. That Ram D can be run on easily. Only way the Hawks lose is to have one of those 5 fumble and a pick or two. Which is the Ram's puncher's chance.
At the rate we've been making stupid mistakes, we'll dominate this game for 3-and-a-half quarters in major fashion, to win by 9 points. I'm not worried that we will lose, but I remain concerned about our ability to not bumble and fumble our way through every single football game we play.