Percy Harvin presser

OP
OP
A

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
They said it was suppose to be during that hour. I recorded it just in case cause I'm not home.

HawkWow

Reaction score
All I saw was Pete doing that thing Pete does "Percy's coming along, we're going to continue working him in practice, waited this long, don't want to rush". Pete is the master of coach-speak. After he concluded, I didn't know anything more than I knew when Harvin 1st decided to have the surgery. I was left with the impression Harvin could be ready any time between 10-28-13 and 10-28-14. LOL.

I have a hunch he will get a few touches starting Nov 3rd and work his way up to full game participation in time for the Saints. That would be a very sensible approach, iMO.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawkWow":1z1spxtb said:
All I saw was Pete doing that thing Pete does "Percy's coming along, we're going to continue working him in practice, waited this long, don't want to rush". Pete is the master of coach-speak. After he concluded, I didn't know anything more than I knew when Harvin 1st decided to have the surgery. I was left with the impression Harvin could be ready any time between 10-28-13 and 10-28-14. LOL.

I have a hunch he will get a few touches starting Nov 3rd and work his way up to full game participation in time for the Saints. That would be a very sensible approach, iMO.

How do you know what is sensible?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing (not to mention avoiding a needless injury). In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack and our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2w8y0xfq said:
Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing. In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

He will get in sync by playing. If he's healthy he should play.

Not saying he should be the focus of the offense but he should at least get his feet wet.

If he's healthy.. He needs to be out there.

Tical21

Reaction score
Yes he does because I can't wait anymore!!

HawkWow

Reaction score
BlueThunder":a4qspyql said:
Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing (not to mention avoiding a needless injury). In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack and our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

I like it.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1uqwj7ep said:

Not saying he should be the focus of the offense but he should at least get his feet wet.

If he's healthy.. He needs to be out there.

Oh yeah, I would totally dig seeing him in the slot for a play or two to "get his feet wet". That would illicit some goose bumps right here! But I think his feet are already sopping wet, and would just like him to be at close to his best when he hits the field for good... GOD I can't wait to see him at full speed! Imagine when we get our tackles back?? OMG! That O with this D? :twisted: :shock: :D

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":19xsx0f0 said:
BlueThunder":19xsx0f0 said:
Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing. In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

This is my thinking as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to play him in a game where working out the kinks wouldn't necessarily cost us the W? The hope is that his timing and conditioning are at full potential BEFORE we play the tougher games.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would let him get a full week of practice in and see how things go, cutting and sprinting a few days to see if he has a issue with repetitive useage and some non contact contact that we don't have in practice anymore :)

If all goes well then maybe the following week, I know Monday Night is a showcase game so to speak and players love being on a national stage but caution is better then a situation like Champ Bailey had with his injury.

OP
OP
A

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Sorry guys, I swear they said there'd be one. I did see him talking to the press on q13 on how he's excited and how it sucked being out for so long.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
DavidSeven":nhn2mf7h said:
Tech Worlds":nhn2mf7h said:
BlueThunder":nhn2mf7h said:

This is my thinking as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to play him in a game where working out the kinks wouldn't necessarily cost us the W? The hope is that his timing and conditioning are at full potential BEFORE we play the tougher games.

You still betting MONEY he won't play this week? :0190l:

taz291819

Reaction score
AF_Hawk":3dbrsmuy said:
Sorry guys, I swear they said there'd be one. I did see him talking to the press on q13 on how he's excited and how it sucked being out for so long.

The video on NFL.com said that he was supposed to be on. Something must have happened.