Percy Harvin presser

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Percy Harvin presser
Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:18 pm
  • Dude looks thrilled to not be on a 1-5 or whatever team and coming back to a 6-1 team that can win a Super Bowl.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:23 pm
  • I say trial by fire. If he's healthy and cleared, get him on the field.
    Perfect timing if it's a game we can win without him.
    It's a ramp up thing. Give him a few plays at least, to come up to speed.

If he's not ready, leave him alone till he is.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:22 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing (not to mention avoiding a needless injury). In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack and our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

I disagree. Of all fans, the 12th man should know no game should be overlooked. The 1-0, championship week mentality this team has is great, and that means doing what it takes to win. If it means Percy needs to play, then so be it. At no point should anyone be looking past Monday.
    DrDix
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:23 pm
  • Either he is ready or not ready.

I feel this is similar to the Gronk situation. If he's cleared and healthy then get him on the field and let him do his work.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:27 pm
  • fridayfrenzy wrote:Either he is ready or not ready.

I feel this is similar to the Gronk situation. If he's cleared and healthy then get him on the field and let him do his work.

Doubt they'd hesitate to activate him if they think he won't be a liability in any way. For now, they get a roster exemption so he can get practice reps while they continue to carry an extra person on the roster. Likely that they'll take advantage of that as long as they question how useful / needed he is.

I'd imagine they would be more inclined to play him if this thing with Golden Tate's injury is looming come Sunday and they don't know if Tate can play.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:34 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing. In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

He will get in sync by playing. If he's healthy he should play.

This is my thinking as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to play him in a game where working out the kinks wouldn't necessarily cost us the W? The hope is that his timing and conditioning are at full potential BEFORE we play the tougher games.

You still betting MONEY he won't play this week? :0190l:

I still think it's a long shot. Pete likes to give his guys two full weeks of practice off major injury. If you listened to press conference today, he even mentioned that Breno wouldn't play until he's returned to practice and practiced for two weeks.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:37 pm
  • If they activate him then someone has to go so I do not believe he will play this week and perhaps not next week.
    scakfan
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:57 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:I still think it's a long shot. Pete likes to give his guys two full weeks of practice off major injury. If you listened to press conference today, he even mentioned that Breno wouldn't play until he's returned to practice and practiced for two weeks.

I listened to it. One situation doesn't apply to the other. Sounds like you have changed your tune a bit. That's good. It's been reported Percy has been doing a lot on his own.

If he is ready he will play.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Agreed. If he is healthy there's no reason to deny Wilson of his security blanket. Unless you actually like him running for his life and getting sacked way too much for comfort? He literally changes the offense from predictibility to multidimensional just by being on the field.

I mentioned this before but the mere fact that he will be playing no later than Atlanta has fans of other teams saying "that's just cheating".They realize he tilts the field just like Wilson. This in a city that is the home of the only undefeated team in the NFL.
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:49 pm
  • scakfan wrote:If they activate him then someone has to go so I do not believe he will play this week and perhaps not next week.

I would not be surprised at the least if Bryan Walters (WR) were to be released upon Harvin's activation.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:59 pm
  • If I was a betting man....95% chance that he does not play on Monday Night. 95% he does play a few downs at Home against Tampa Bay. :3:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Agreed. If he is healthy there's no reason to deny Wilson of his security blanket. Unless you actually like him running for his life and getting sacked way too much for comfort?
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:If I was a betting man....95% chance that he does not play on Monday Night. 95% he does play a few downs at Home against Tampa Bay. :3:

Sounds logical but we'll see soon enough. I hope he is healthy enough to run 3-4 plays in St. Louis as a warmup though.
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:09 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:If I was a betting man....95% chance that he does not play on Monday Night. 95% he does play a few downs at Home against Tampa Bay. :3:

Sounds logical but we'll see soon enough.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 am
  • Can't stand the wait, this guy is one hell of a player. Flat out changes what Defenses have to prepare for, and makes the rest of the WR's better imo. Pick your poison when you play D against the Hawks.
    Can't wait to see him light up the Vikes and Niners.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:44 am

Exactly we're not paying him to park him in the garage under a tarp only to bring him out when there's a car show, if he's healthy and ready, throw him out there and get him in the mix a soon as possible.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:50 am
  • Percy is an outlet for RW. Having him on the field protects our quarterback. If he is healthy I say play him
    2014 inagural .net Survivor pool CHAMPION
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 am
  • How would him playing cost us the game? He's a veteran player who knows what he's doing. If he's healthy he needs to be out there. Did Gronk playing cost his team the game? If he's out there he can only help. I think he has to play if he's healthy. Obviously like others said you don't focus the gameplan on him but getting him some reps will help speed up the process for him to become what we think he will be. If I was betting I think he sits out this week.
    HansGruber "We can't beat the Cardinals and I think the cards are going to win it all this year."
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:09 am
  • mikeak wrote:Percy is an outlet for RW. Having him on the field protects our quarterback. If he is healthy I say play him

I completely agree. We already know what we have in RW, protect it. He is the most important offensive weapon we have outside Lynch. Percy will help take some of that heat off of Lynch and Wilson.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:27 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information