Percy Harvin presser

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Percy Harvin presser
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:57 pm
  • Percy Harvin will be having a presser that will be shown on NFL network during the show Around the League Primetime starting at 4pm PST today fyi. Don't know when the presser starts exactly but the show starts soon.

Edit

Here is a link. (Thanks accordtec)

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/v ... 09bd2c28d3
    Last edited by AF_Hawk on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Percy Harvin presser
Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:39 pm
  • Show's on and it's showing no sign of the presser coming up, has it already happened? I started 20 minutes in

If you're a PlayStation fan, check out and support my PlayStation forum: Team PlayStation
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:48 pm
  • I got nothin.
    #NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:49 pm
  • this happen??
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:53 pm
  • They said it was suppose to be during that hour. I recorded it just in case cause I'm not home.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:58 pm
  • I assumed it would be to announce he was playing Monday. If not, what else?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:15 pm
  • All I saw was Pete doing that thing Pete does "Percy's coming along, we're going to continue working him in practice, waited this long, don't want to rush". Pete is the master of coach-speak. After he concluded, I didn't know anything more than I knew when Harvin 1st decided to have the surgery. I was left with the impression Harvin could be ready any time between 10-28-13 and 10-28-14. LOL.

I have a hunch he will get a few touches starting Nov 3rd and work his way up to full game participation in time for the Saints. That would be a very sensible approach, iMO.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:16 pm
  • Heck, they might throw him in there for five or six plays this Monday just to help him get acclimated to the offense if they think he can go. He might even get a touch or two!
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:19 pm
  • HawkWow wrote:All I saw was Pete doing that thing Pete does "Percy's coming along, we're going to continue working him in practice, waited this long, don't want to rush". Pete is the master of coach-speak. After he concluded, I didn't know anything more than I knew when Harvin 1st decided to have the surgery. I was left with the impression Harvin could be ready any time between 10-28-13 and 10-28-14. LOL.

I have a hunch he will get a few touches starting Nov 3rd and work his way up to full game participation in time for the Saints. That would be a very sensible approach, iMO.

How do you know what is sensible?
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:21 pm
  • Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing (not to mention avoiding a needless injury). In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack and our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:24 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing. In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

He will get in sync by playing. If he's healthy he should play.

Not saying he should be the focus of the offense but he should at least get his feet wet.

If he's healthy.. He needs to be out there.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:27 pm
  • Yes he does because I can't wait anymore!!
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:28 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing (not to mention avoiding a needless injury). In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack and our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

I like it.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:31 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:He will get in sync by playing. If he's healthy he should play.

Not saying he should be the focus of the offense but he should at least get his feet wet.

If he's healthy.. He needs to be out there.

Oh yeah, I would totally dig seeing him in the slot for a play or two to "get his feet wet". That would illicit some goose bumps right here! But I think his feet are already sopping wet, and would just like him to be at close to his best when he hits the field for good... GOD I can't wait to see him at full speed! Imagine when we get our tackles back?? OMG! That O with this D? :twisted: :shock: :D

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:33 pm
  • Tech Worlds wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing. In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

This is my thinking as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to play him in a game where working out the kinks wouldn't necessarily cost us the W? The hope is that his timing and conditioning are at full potential BEFORE we play the tougher games.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:35 pm
  • I would let him get a full week of practice in and see how things go, cutting and sprinting a few days to see if he has a issue with repetitive useage and some non contact contact that we don't have in practice anymore :)

If all goes well then maybe the following week, I know Monday Night is a showcase game so to speak and players love being on a national stage but caution is better then a situation like Champ Bailey had with his injury.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:01 pm
  • Sorry guys, I swear they said there'd be one. I did see him talking to the press on q13 on how he's excited and how it sucked being out for so long.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:28 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:
    BlueThunder wrote:Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing. In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

This is my thinking as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to play him in a game where working out the kinks wouldn't necessarily cost us the W? The hope is that his timing and conditioning are at full potential BEFORE we play the tougher games.

You still betting MONEY he won't play this week? :0190l:
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:33 pm
  • AF_Hawk wrote:Sorry guys, I swear they said there'd be one. I did see him talking to the press on q13 on how he's excited and how it sucked being out for so long.

The video on NFL.com said that he was supposed to be on. Something must have happened.
    taz291819
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:44 pm
  • Strained hip flexor walking out to meet press?
    telerion
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:18 pm
  • Dude looks thrilled to not be on a 1-5 or whatever team and coming back to a 6-1 team that can win a Super Bowl.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:23 pm
  • I say trial by fire. If he's healthy and cleared, get him on the field.
    Perfect timing if it's a game we can win without him.
    It's a ramp up thing. Give him a few plays at least, to come up to speed.

If he's not ready, leave him alone till he is.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:22 pm
  • BlueThunder wrote:Personally, I don't want him to play Monday night. We don't need him. Give him more time to get in synch with Russ and the rest of the offense for the tougher games coming up, and a little more time for healing (not to mention avoiding a needless injury). In fact, when we're up 28-3 midway through the 3rd (yeah, that's how I see it), we need to pull more guys that might have a bump or bruise, and maybe even pull Wilson and let TJack and our 2nd guys get valuable game experience because you know how things go... We need more work for our depth. You can see our backups on the o-line getting better with the starters out, and that is huge. More than likely, we're gonna need those guys for the stretch run and playoffs. Gotta start looking ahead at this point of the season...

I disagree. Of all fans, the 12th man should know no game should be overlooked. The 1-0, championship week mentality this team has is great, and that means doing what it takes to win. If it means Percy needs to play, then so be it. At no point should anyone be looking past Monday.
    DrDix
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:23 pm
  • Either he is ready or not ready.

I feel this is similar to the Gronk situation. If he's cleared and healthy then get him on the field and let him do his work.
    fridayfrenzy
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:27 pm
  • fridayfrenzy wrote:Either he is ready or not ready.

I feel this is similar to the Gronk situation. If he's cleared and healthy then get him on the field and let him do his work.

Doubt they'd hesitate to activate him if they think he won't be a liability in any way. For now, they get a roster exemption so he can get practice reps while they continue to carry an extra person on the roster. Likely that they'll take advantage of that as long as they question how useful / needed he is.

I'd imagine they would be more inclined to play him if this thing with Golden Tate's injury is looming come Sunday and they don't know if Tate can play.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:34 pm
  • T-Sizzle wrote:
    DavidSeven wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:

You still betting MONEY he won't play this week? :0190l:

I still think it's a long shot. Pete likes to give his guys two full weeks of practice off major injury. If you listened to press conference today, he even mentioned that Breno wouldn't play until he's returned to practice and practiced for two weeks.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:37 pm
  • If they activate him then someone has to go so I do not believe he will play this week and perhaps not next week.
    scakfan
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:57 pm
  • DavidSeven wrote:
    T-Sizzle wrote:I still think it's a long shot. Pete likes to give his guys two full weeks of practice off major injury. If you listened to press conference today, he even mentioned that Breno wouldn't play until he's returned to practice and practiced for two weeks.

I listened to it. One situation doesn't apply to the other. Sounds like you have changed your tune a bit. That's good. It's been reported Percy has been doing a lot on his own.

If he is ready he will play.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:46 pm

Agreed. If he is healthy there's no reason to deny Wilson of his security blanket. Unless you actually like him running for his life and getting sacked way too much for comfort? He literally changes the offense from predictibility to multidimensional just by being on the field.

I mentioned this before but the mere fact that he will be playing no later than Atlanta has fans of other teams saying "that's just cheating".They realize he tilts the field just like Wilson. This in a city that is the home of the only undefeated team in the NFL.
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:49 pm
  • scakfan wrote:If they activate him then someone has to go so I do not believe he will play this week and perhaps not next week.

I would not be surprised at the least if Bryan Walters (WR) were to be released upon Harvin's activation.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:59 pm
  • If I was a betting man....95% chance that he does not play on Monday Night. 95% he does play a few downs at Home against Tampa Bay. :3:
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:01 pm

Agreed. If he is healthy there's no reason to deny Wilson of his security blanket. Unless you actually like him running for his life and getting sacked way too much for comfort?
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:06 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:If I was a betting man....95% chance that he does not play on Monday Night. 95% he does play a few downs at Home against Tampa Bay. :3:

Sounds logical but we'll see soon enough. I hope he is healthy enough to run 3-4 plays in St. Louis as a warmup though.
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:09 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:If I was a betting man....95% chance that he does not play on Monday Night. 95% he does play a few downs at Home against Tampa Bay. :3:

Sounds logical but we'll see soon enough.
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 am
  • Can't stand the wait, this guy is one hell of a player. Flat out changes what Defenses have to prepare for, and makes the rest of the WR's better imo. Pick your poison when you play D against the Hawks.
    Can't wait to see him light up the Vikes and Niners.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:44 am

Exactly we're not paying him to park him in the garage under a tarp only to bring him out when there's a car show, if he's healthy and ready, throw him out there and get him in the mix a soon as possible.
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:50 am
  • Percy is an outlet for RW. Having him on the field protects our quarterback. If he is healthy I say play him
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 am
  • How would him playing cost us the game? He's a veteran player who knows what he's doing. If he's healthy he needs to be out there. Did Gronk playing cost his team the game? If he's out there he can only help. I think he has to play if he's healthy. Obviously like others said you don't focus the gameplan on him but getting him some reps will help speed up the process for him to become what we think he will be. If I was betting I think he sits out this week.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:09 am
  • mikeak wrote:Percy is an outlet for RW. Having him on the field protects our quarterback. If he is healthy I say play him

I completely agree. We already know what we have in RW, protect it. He is the most important offensive weapon we have outside Lynch. Percy will help take some of that heat off of Lynch and Wilson.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information