Playoff Picture @ The Midway Point

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Playoff Picture @ The Midway Point
Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:46 pm
  • http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

What stands out to me is that of all the teams listed as IN the Playoffs AND IN the hunt for the playoffs we only have games remaining against three of them (Saints, 49ers, Cards)

San Fran has games remaining against Seattle, Saints, Cards & the Panthers.

The Saints, meanwhile have 6 of their 9 remaining against teams in playoff contention @ the Jets then the Cowboys and 49ers @ Seattle and home and away vs Carolina.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

Re: Playoff Picture @ The Midway Point
Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:14 pm
  • There will be blood...book it. I don't know who or when but somebody is going down HARD.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:17 am
  • I'm very pleased that the Saints have to play both us and the 49ers. It guarantees one more loss for either the 49ers or the Saints in that game... and as you noted, very interesting how many more Saints games feature potentially desperate opponents trying to claw their way into a wild card spot or divisional championship hunt.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:24 am
  • Considering how we play coming off byes and long rests, do we even want that first-round bye?

(Yes, I know we do.)

Anyway, I note again that the Cardinals hold tiebreakers over the Lions and Panthers through direct victory. I submit that if they take the next two over the Texans and Jags, we really have to take them seriously.

The NFC South won't be decided until late December, probably. I am guessing that one of those Saints/Panthers tilts gets flexed. If Carolina wins that first game at NO on December 8th, I look forward to the rematch on the 22nd on SNF.
    "He's a *****. It's not that he was a *****, he is a *****, and that's why he hasn't won anything."
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:32 am
  • The Saints game this week is no cakewalk. I know the Jets just got smoked....but I could see them giving the Saints a tough game.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information