Test to see who is a lifetime Hawks fan vs. a bandwagoner

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • FABIEN BOWNES!!

And I win the internet! (after editing the spelling of his last name!) :mrgreen:
    Last edited by Birdfinger on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Birdfinger
    NET Rookie

• SSEHAWK wrote:How about a couple of our outstanding QB's of the past....... Stan Gelbaugh and Big Dan McGuire. :sarcasm_on:

Bandwagoners think alike?
    seanoob
    NET Rookie

• Billy McMullen or how about Etric Pruett
    It's about damn time TEZ is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Starter

• cberg wrote:Name an old Seahawk who flew under the national radar but every true fan knows all about.

I'll go first:

Dan Doornink

You mean DOCTOR Dan Dornik right?

How about Paul Johns.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Josh Brown!
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• Russell Wilson
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Boone Stutz
    THUGCAPS
    NET Rookie

• I'll admit, I became a fan during the '05 run. I was 16 years old and wasn't a football fan until then. My dad was always watching the Hawks games, and told me that Seattle has the best running back in the NFL, and is one of the best teams. That drew my interest, so I sat down and watched the Colts game from right after Tony Dungy's son had died, and I've watched every hawk game (except for the first part of the 2011 season while I was in boot camp) ever since. I registered on this forum during the Jim Mora season, so while I did join during the 05 bandwagon, I never left

If you're a PlayStation fan, check out and support my PlayStation forum: Team PlayStation
    nIdahoSeahawk
    NET Rookie

• Rolly Woolsey
    "...Seattle has become the capital city of the New NFL" - Kip Earlywine
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

• Sherman Smith

Ron Howard
    bruiserwoods
    NET Bench Warmer

• Measuring contest is all this thread is.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• This really isn't that great of a test at all. One can count the number of truly nationally recognized 'Hawks from previous years on their fingers. All other players, many who were really good ones, are known mostly to the team's fans and no one else.

In the early years, players not named Largent or Zorn were unheard of outside the Pacific Northwest. Guys like Blades and Skansi and Michael Jackson were unknowns because the team was a relative unknown. Even in 2005, most of the rest of the nation knew Hasselbeck, Alexander, and Jones, and if they worked in law enforcement, maybe Jerramy Stevens. Quick, without checking elsewhere on the Internet, name wide receivers playing for the Browns, Jaguars, or the Bills. Hell, go ahead and name A player from those teams. Hard to do. Outside of Arizona and a very select, well studied group of divisional fans, the Cardinals may as well be known as the Arizona Larry Fitzgeralds.

We're in some rarefied air here, folks. This current team has probably as many nationally-known names on it as the Seahawks did in every year of our entire history combined. Wilson, Lynch, Sherman, Thomas, without a doubt. Golden Tate for the Green Bay game last year alone. The rest of the Legion of Boom is pretty well known too; in fact, they're probably approaching the notoriety of only a few such defenses, such as the Steel Curtain or the Monsters of the Midway. Hell, Percy Harvin is a fairly well recognized name and he hasn't even seen the field yet. If he comes out and performs to expectations the next few years, he'll be a household name as a Seahawk. And this is on a team renowned for not relying solely on a superstar player at any one position to win games for them. This is the ultimate 53-man team.

For the record though, my contribution is "Every Single Defensive Player on the 1992 Seattle Seahawks Not Named Cortez Kennedy."
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• What no love for the Boz? How about Koren Robinson, or Jeremy Stevens. Oh wait this about favorites? Then not these guys.

My favorite player of all time from the old days was Doornink followed Closely by Mudbone, and then Herrera. And Why doesn't Jack Patera ever get any love on here?

#NEXTMANUP
    Evil_Shenanigans
    NET Veteran

• I'll bite because this thread is rediculous...as am I. I'm not Old, I'm not Wise, but I'm a hawk. I was sitting in my barracks in the late 90's and did an alta vista search of seahawks. I found .net. The articles were great and I wanted to chime in on the forum. I got blasted... I mean torn up. I realized my user ID screamed of young dumb idiot so I changed it to OldWiseHawk.

I would post daily whenever I could. I was stoked when I went from 14.4 to 28.8 and then a screaming 56k.... Smoking fast. Either way deployments and life kept me away, but my lurking always existed. I lived through the changes and the scout debacle. I'm tickled with where this place is now.

I pick my kids up at school and see freaking Seahawks gear, not cheeseheads, whiners, cowboys, or steelers.

Bandwagon tests... I'm just stoked that we have the team we have now. I remember a post Aros did entering the playoffs during our SB run. Goosebumps. How that game tore the fabric of my being. New fans, old fans, future fans.... We have amazing fans.

My under the radar player from my youth was Michael Pritchard, from our 2000 era was Kenny Lucas (I thought he was our Surtain to our Madison) and my present under the radar player is WT3. Anyhow... Soak it up brethren because we are in the midst of it.

Later, not so Old, Not so Wise, Hawk
    “God bless America and God bless the Seattle Seahawks!” Cortez Kennedy (August, 2012 / Final words of his HOF induction speech)
    OldWiseHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Dan McGuire... When Ken Behring OVERRULED Chuck Knox and took him instead of Brett Farve in the draft! :34853_doh: :229031_banghead: As if we needed another reason to HATE Ken Behring! How many Super Bowls did that little decision cost us, maybe/probably... We'll never know.

"Chuck Knox badly wanted to draft Brett Favre, but was overruled by Ken Behring because he was friends with the McGwires. Knox resigns at the end of the season because of it and another year, they’re looking for another franchise QB."
    Last edited by BlueThunder on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Yeah, the idea for the thread is dumb, but someone mentioned '90s defensive players that no one ever talks about but should, and on that note, I'm here to invite you all to the Sam Adams Fan Club.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• Paul Skansi
    seacat1
    NET Rookie

• Naked Women, one of my all time favorites. I mean, who didn't love Naked?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Jerry Rice
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Bobby Joe Edmonds? Fred Young? Sam Adams? Derrek Fenner?
    hawksman53
    NET Veteran

• Warren Wheat
    Anguish
    * NET Developer *

• The Nigerian nitemare: Christian Okoye and the Caucasian nitemare Kelly Stouffer.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Bobby Boucher, Jr.

He was awesome because he could play multiple positions, and is also the only player qualified to handle dihydrogen monoxide - a very dangerous chemical when used improperly (it is caustic, and causes many deaths every year) but absolutely essential to football success.
    HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• Was happy to get Benchwarmer Bob from the Vikes (first Seahawk team), but I don't think he was as good as I had heard. Then when we got Blair Bush I thought that was a huge step up from John Yarno.

Edit** And Nipsy Russell? Really?
    Kryten
    NET Rookie

• HansGruber wrote:Bobby Boucher, Jr.

He was awesome because he could play multiple positions, and is also the only player qualified to handle dihydrogen monoxide - a very dangerous chemical when used improperly (it is caustic, and causes many deaths every year) but absolutely essential to football success.

Strangely enough, DHM is also well known for being essential in many poisons and biological weapons.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• cberg wrote:
    Sarlacc83 wrote:I think cberg is compensating for only joining the 'Hawks ranks during the PC era and has gone through the wiki.

Also, DJ Hackett.

Sarlacc83- Child please. While I have a deep love for the PC era I grew up on Ground Chuck. I have fond memories of Jimmy Teal making one of the best catches I have ever seen in a scab game and Steve Largent blowing up James Harden after he prison raped Brian Blades into the endzone against the Donkeys. I lost my innocence by investing my love and belief in guys like Rick Mirer and Dan McGuire and Mike Holmgren as a GM. I played as Jim Zorn in the neighborhood pick up games and bought the Boz autobiography. I remember watching in horror as my team trotted out the likes of Gale Gilbert, Kelly Stouffer, and Stan Gelbough. I remember Cortez Kennedy switching his number in honor of Jerome Brown. I remember Michael Bates meeting the kick returner at the 5 yard line just as he caught the kick.

While this is all well and good, it doesn't surprise me you don't get the thrust of my comment which is: So what? Bandwagoners can eventually turn into die-hard fans if arrogant old people don't act high and mighty because they didn't always have it so good.
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• hawksman53 wrote:Bobby Joe Edmonds? Fred Young? Sam Adams? Derrek Fenner?

Ah ... you beat me to Bobby Joe. He was one heck of a talented kick returner.

If we're talking about guys who truly flew under the radar -- guys who were good who didn't get the national publicity -- I've got a couple of names to add.

Bryan Millard -- very underrated Guard on those early 80's team with a real nasty streak. Good player who played for 8 seasons (started 99 games). If we're talking about All Time Lineman for the Hawks ... he'd be right there with Chris Gray.

Terry Taylor -- a guy that I always felt was a very talented cover CB. He was the Hawks 1st Round choice in 1984 and still ranks up right there among the leaders in Seahawks history in terms of career interceptions.
    Hawkscanner
    * NET Sage *

• WHo the hell is high and mighty, grumpy and constipated and spotting along with everything hurting maybe, High and Mighty is for those that have at least the credentials to reference. No matter how many decades ago it was.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Agree with most none of this is a testament to fandom... but I'll say Reggie Tongue. We also traded for Largent, and then traded away the pick that led to Tony Dorsett. Have actually had a history of pretty good RB's Warner-Warren-Watters-Alexander-Lynch. I was born in '86 became a fan in '92. I guess i'm a bandwagoner...
    JGreen79
    NET Starter

• Russell Wilson, BOOM! SIGNED! SEALED! DELIVERED!

I B A REEL LYFE FAN EVRY1!

I R .NETZ TRU #1 FANZORZ!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• seanoob wrote:How bout this guy who was too tall to fail? Like a bizarro RW.

dm.jpg

I use him as a teaching tool about the dangers of football card collecting...

A picture of that "famous" 2 sport athlete - Mark McGuire, right !!??
    (oh sh!t, it's just his NO-STAR brother, Dan........boy, that worked out well for us !! :pukeface: )
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

• HansGruber wrote:Bobby Boucher, Jr.

When I was in HS they actually encouraged us to put dihydrogen monoxide and sometimes hydrogen hydroxide in our bodies. They had bins of sodium chloride (in red pill form) for us to take if we dared. I took all three at different times, but am still alive.
    Kryten
    NET Rookie

• I like a lot of names mentioned.
    Trying to name a couple names that I did not see......

(I don't know 'bout "under-the-radar".....but)

1) John Kasey - K
    2) Ricky Watters - RB
    3) Chad Brown - LB

:snack:
    "If You're Good At Making Excuses, You'll Never Be Great At Anything Else." ~ Richard Sherman

GO HAWKS !!
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

• JGreen79 wrote:Agree with most none of this is a testament to fandom... but I'll say Reggie Tongue. We also traded for Largent, and then traded away the pick that led to Tony Dorsett. Have actually had a history of pretty good RB's Warner-Warren-Watters-Alexander-Lynch. I was born in '86 became a fan in '92. I guess i'm a bandwagoner...

I remember Tongue. I remember seeing the high school he went to in Fairbanks when I was stationed up there. Thought that was cool for some reason.
    Image Image
    AF_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Going to have to go with Brian Blades and more recently Robbie Tobeck and Mack Strong.
    liftingaddict
    NET Bench Warmer

• Haven't looked through the thread but KR Charlie Rogers comes to mind. Man at the the time I thought he was going to be the next Desmond Howard.
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• Kitna
    calihawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• Chris Warren
    Michael Sinclair
    Dean Wells
    Mack Strong
    Jay Bellamy
    And to all the haters who tried to kick when I was down ... Can't express how much fuel u added to my fire.

-Percy Harvin
    CortezKennedyfan
    NET Rookie

• Richard Sherman

/thread
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• I was born in 95

I get a pass.
    KitsapHawk
    NET Veteran

• Dan Testerman - FB
    90% Disabled Veteran
    100% Love for the USA!
    KPA
    NET Rookie

• Maurice Morris, Brian Blades
    danbogart
    NET Practice Squad

• Who could forget the great Lamar King out of Saginaw Valley State?
    Steve2222
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:The Nigerian nitemare: Christian Okoye and the Caucasian nitemare Kelly Stouffer.

The above was a test, if not a trap. Okoye was a stud with the Chiefs, never played for our Hawks. YOU should have caught this. ; )

I wish the same could be said for Stouffer.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• Steve Broussard
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:One player I always liked that didn't really get a lot of national recognition was Julius Peterson

I hope I'm getting whooshed.. But you mean Julian?

Also, Leonard Weaver. I was so pissed when we let him go.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

• I am 19 years old, but have liked the hawks since the Super Bowl season when I was 11. Does that make me a bandwaggoner?
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

• seahawksfanatic000 wrote:I am 19 years old, but have liked the hawks since the Super Bowl season when I was 11. Does that make me a bandwaggoner?

Your age makes you fortunate. Wagon be damned!
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:
    seahawksfanatic000 wrote:I am 19 years old, but have liked the hawks since the Super Bowl season when I was 11. Does that make me a bandwaggoner?

Your age makes you fortunate. Wagon be damned!

Also, Alexander was unstoppable in madden 05. I always schooled my friends with the hawks
    Russell Wilson doesn't do losing anymore -peachesenregalia, jan 5, 2013
    seahawksfanatic000
    NET Starter

• 8 pages in and no mention of Jim Zorn? I became Seahawks fan for life when he and a couple other players took a tour through SE Alaska and I got his autograph. I'd bet he's the only NFL starting QB to hold a PR event in Ketchikan AK.
    FLhawkfan
    NET Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:37 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information