If the playoffs started today (they don't)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd feel pretty damned good travelling to Dallas.

Hell, no away game scares me anymore, to be honest. Road woes? Kicked in the teeth by our superior team. That being said, I certainly want HFA.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Dallas would be fun to smash in the playoffs. I have no shame in admitting I want nothing to do with Lambeau Field in January, though.

AceBoogie715

Reaction score
The 49ers have the Jaguars next game, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the 49ers a run for their money. Gus Bradley has them still competing, despite being winless. They also have the Saints in New Orleans week 11. That could potentially be a loss. However, I digress...I highly doubt that the 49ers and Seahawks will finish the season with the same record.

But hypothetically if we do, I have no problem with us going into Dallas who Stephen A. Smith calls "an accident waiting to happen."

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Seattle would roll Dallas and it wouldn't even be funny. (Rather, it'd be hilarious.) Their defense is terrible and well, their receivers would quickly remember last year.

That said, let's keep winning and keep the #1 spot.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I find it far more entertaining thinking about who's going to have to come to our house, and how much they'll be wishing they get anyone but Seattle when playoff time comes.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":23s0obcl said:
I find it far more entertaining thinking about who's going to have to come to our house, and how much they'll be wishing they get anyone but Seattle when playoff time comes.

Thus, the thread you started on being a 14-2 wildcard. :th2thumbs:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
bestfightstory":357botct said:
RolandDeschain":357botct said:

Curious. Very curious.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
That scenario, if the season ended today, would set up nicely for GB/SEA in the Clink in the Divisional Round and SF/SEA in the Clink in the NFCCG.

Dallas won't be the three-seed. Green Bay has apparently figured out how to win even with about two wide receivers, mostly because they have their first RB worth anything since like Ahman Green. So yeah, I'd feel alright going to Dallas, New Orleans, and SF as the five seed. All games I think we could win.

Dtowers

Reaction score
GB is banged up and not playing great football. Chicago is pretty much toast now so I don't see anyone challenging them for their division. But I do not fear the Packers as I have in years past. With Cobb gone the rest of their WRs are the type that we match up well against. At this point the ONLY team in the NFC that scares me is the Saints. Fortunately we get to play them in regular season at our house so we will see how we stack up against them. Russell is always better playing a team for the second time.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":17j9zcww said:
That scenario, if the season ended today, would set up nicely for GB/SEA in the Clink in the Divisional Round and SF/SEA in the Clink in the NFCCG.

Dallas won't be the three-seed. Green Bay has apparently figured out how to win even with about two wide receivers, mostly because they have their first RB worth anything since like Ahman Green. So yeah, I'd feel alright going to Dallas, New Orleans, and SF as the five seed. All games I think we could win.

Good point on Dallas not being the Three. I'm not yet convinced that the Lions won't overtake Green Bay for the NFC North. Both teams seem to have their fate controlled by health. (Toss Chicago into that statement after this weekend)

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Cobb will be back, though, around Week 15/16. He'll be ready for the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm thinking that, unless Marc Trestman really is a QB genius, the Bears are done. That would leave:

DAL, GB, DET, SEA, SF, NO

as the six clear teams that look like they are making the playoffs. Then it comes down to who will make a second-half surge. I think WAS and ATL are the best candidates for that role, but do you see ATL threatening NO at this point (or actually even making that run)? Washington is about the only team that could knock off either Dallas or one of the two Wild Cards. So basically, we likely have our field set except for seeding.

Dtowers

Reaction score
bestfightstory":pp2mo4kd said:
Smelly McUgly":pp2mo4kd said:

Good point on Dallas not being the Three. I'm not yet convinced that the Lions won't overtake Green Bay for the NFC North. Both teams seem to have their fate controlled by health. (Toss Chicago into that statement after this weekend)

Detroit's defense is pretty bad. Good and very active dline but that secondary and LB corp is atrocious. With Johnson seemingly banged up I don't trust Stafford to put the team on his back.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3cowosdm said:
Then it comes down to who will make a second-half surge. I think WAS and ATL are the best candidates for that role, but do you see ATL threatening NO at this point (or actually even making that run)? Washington is about the only team that could knock off either Dallas or one of the two Wild Cards. So basically, we likely have our field set except for seeding.

I see WAS and, moreso, CAR as second half surge teams. Which would be nice because they are both on San Fran's schedule. :th2thumbs:

Dtowers

Reaction score
bestfightstory":384d32ki said:
Smelly McUgly":384d32ki said:
Then it comes down to who will make a second-half surge. I think WAS and ATL are the best candidates for that role, but do you see ATL threatening NO at this point (or actually even making that run)? Washington is about the only team that could knock off either Dallas or one of the two Wild Cards. So basically, we likely have our field set except for seeding.

I see WAS and, moreso, CAR as second half surge teams. Which would be nice because they are both on San Fran's schedule. :th2thumbs:

Agreed RG3 will get healthier and Carolina is getting Stewart back soon.

OP
OP
bestfightstory

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Dtowers":1nz1svwa said:
bestfightstory":1nz1svwa said:
Smelly McUgly":1nz1svwa said:

Agreed RG3 will get healthier and Carolina is getting Stewart back soon.

Carolina still has San Francisco as well as New Orleans (2X) on their schedule. It would be really nice for us if they stay hella competitive and on the edge of playoff contention.

I don't think ATL has much left in the tank. Their online and defense were always weak and the strength of their team is now ravaged by injury.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3l6bfuc3 said:
bestfightstory":3l6bfuc3 said:
RolandDeschain":3l6bfuc3 said:

Curious. Very curious.
:curious:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
bestfightstory":ak64jwjc said:
Smelly McUgly":ak64jwjc said:

I can buy Carolina as that team. I don't think Jonathan Stewart will do much for their run game, but the talent is there at QB and on defense. They really should be 4-2 right now had Ron Rivera just ran either Newton or Tolbert on fourth-and-inches late in the Bills game. That's a good call.

Ninerg

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3411t30r said:
Smelly McUgly":3411t30r said:

Neither one of those teams will beat the Niners. The Niner will start to get healthy later on this season. Crabtree, Manningham, Aldon, Wright, Carradine etc. Also, we just might trade for either Josh Gordon or Hakim Nicks, which will make us lethal down the stretch. Also, we can't wait for Dec. 8th, which will be a short week for Seattle.

Latest posts