If the playoffs started today (they don't)

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • but some of us find it fun to consider the possibilities.

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-pic ... 0_20131022

KC & Cincy as the AFC's #s 1&2.

And should we hit the dreaded 14&2 tie with San Fran, how would you guys feel about traveling to Dallas?
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• I'd feel pretty damned good travelling to Dallas.

Hell, no away game scares me anymore, to be honest. Road woes? Kicked in the teeth by our superior team. That being said, I certainly want HFA.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Dallas would be fun to smash in the playoffs. I have no shame in admitting I want nothing to do with Lambeau Field in January, though.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• The 49ers have the Jaguars next game, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the 49ers a run for their money. Gus Bradley has them still competing, despite being winless. They also have the Saints in New Orleans week 11. That could potentially be a loss. However, I digress...I highly doubt that the 49ers and Seahawks will finish the season with the same record.

But hypothetically if we do, I have no problem with us going into Dallas who Stephen A. Smith calls "an accident waiting to happen."
    AceBoogie715
    NET Rookie

• Seattle would roll Dallas and it wouldn't even be funny. (Rather, it'd be hilarious.) Their defense is terrible and well, their receivers would quickly remember last year.

That said, let's keep winning and keep the #1 spot.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• I find it far more entertaining thinking about who's going to have to come to our house, and how much they'll be wishing they get anyone but Seattle when playoff time comes.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:I find it far more entertaining thinking about who's going to have to come to our house, and how much they'll be wishing they get anyone but Seattle when playoff time comes.

Thus, the thread you started on being a 14-2 wildcard. :th2thumbs:
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• bestfightstory wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I find it far more entertaining thinking about who's going to have to come to our house, and how much they'll be wishing they get anyone but Seattle when playoff time comes.

Curious. Very curious.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• That scenario, if the season ended today, would set up nicely for GB/SEA in the Clink in the Divisional Round and SF/SEA in the Clink in the NFCCG.

Dallas won't be the three-seed. Green Bay has apparently figured out how to win even with about two wide receivers, mostly because they have their first RB worth anything since like Ahman Green. So yeah, I'd feel alright going to Dallas, New Orleans, and SF as the five seed. All games I think we could win.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• GB is banged up and not playing great football. Chicago is pretty much toast now so I don't see anyone challenging them for their division. But I do not fear the Packers as I have in years past. With Cobb gone the rest of their WRs are the type that we match up well against. At this point the ONLY team in the NFC that scares me is the Saints. Fortunately we get to play them in regular season at our house so we will see how we stack up against them. Russell is always better playing a team for the second time.

RolandDeschain - noted Dorito eater wrote:If you want to come prove your smack talking capabilities in person, stop by Gold's Gym in Kirkland any night around 5-6pm and say hi.
    Dtowers
    * Fat Stoner Nerd *

• Smelly McUgly wrote:That scenario, if the season ended today, would set up nicely for GB/SEA in the Clink in the Divisional Round and SF/SEA in the Clink in the NFCCG.

Dallas won't be the three-seed. Green Bay has apparently figured out how to win even with about two wide receivers, mostly because they have their first RB worth anything since like Ahman Green. So yeah, I'd feel alright going to Dallas, New Orleans, and SF as the five seed. All games I think we could win.

Good point on Dallas not being the Three. I'm not yet convinced that the Lions won't overtake Green Bay for the NFC North. Both teams seem to have their fate controlled by health. (Toss Chicago into that statement after this weekend)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Cobb will be back, though, around Week 15/16. He'll be ready for the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm thinking that, unless Marc Trestman really is a QB genius, the Bears are done. That would leave:

DAL, GB, DET, SEA, SF, NO

as the six clear teams that look like they are making the playoffs. Then it comes down to who will make a second-half surge. I think WAS and ATL are the best candidates for that role, but do you see ATL threatening NO at this point (or actually even making that run)? Washington is about the only team that could knock off either Dallas or one of the two Wild Cards. So basically, we likely have our field set except for seeding.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

• bestfightstory wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:That scenario, if the season ended today, would set up nicely for GB/SEA in the Clink in the Divisional Round and SF/SEA in the Clink in the NFCCG.

Good point on Dallas not being the Three. I'm not yet convinced that the Lions won't overtake Green Bay for the NFC North. Both teams seem to have their fate controlled by health. (Toss Chicago into that statement after this weekend)

Detroit's defense is pretty bad. Good and very active dline but that secondary and LB corp is atrocious. With Johnson seemingly banged up I don't trust Stafford to put the team on his back.

RolandDeschain - noted Dorito eater wrote:If you want to come prove your smack talking capabilities in person, stop by Gold's Gym in Kirkland any night around 5-6pm and say hi.
    Dtowers
    * Fat Stoner Nerd *

• Smelly McUgly wrote:Then it comes down to who will make a second-half surge. I think WAS and ATL are the best candidates for that role, but do you see ATL threatening NO at this point (or actually even making that run)? Washington is about the only team that could knock off either Dallas or one of the two Wild Cards. So basically, we likely have our field set except for seeding.

I see WAS and, moreso, CAR as second half surge teams. Which would be nice because they are both on San Fran's schedule. :th2thumbs:
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• bestfightstory wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:Then it comes down to who will make a second-half surge. I think WAS and ATL are the best candidates for that role, but do you see ATL threatening NO at this point (or actually even making that run)? Washington is about the only team that could knock off either Dallas or one of the two Wild Cards. So basically, we likely have our field set except for seeding.

I see WAS and, moreso, CAR as second half surge teams. Which would be nice because they are both on San Fran's schedule. :th2thumbs:

Agreed RG3 will get healthier and Carolina is getting Stewart back soon.

Dtowers
    * Fat Stoner Nerd *

• bestfightstory wrote:Thus, the thread you started on being a 14-2 wildcard. :th2thumbs:

Tech Worlds wrote:Curious. Very curious.

What, I'm not allowed to have an interest in more than one topic or subject at a time?
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• Dtowers wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:Then it comes down to who will make a second-half surge. I think WAS and ATL are the best candidates for that role, but do you see ATL threatening NO at this point (or actually even making that run)? Washington is about the only team that could knock off either Dallas or one of the two Wild Cards. So basically, we likely have our field set except for seeding.

Agreed RG3 will get healthier and Carolina is getting Stewart back soon.

Carolina still has San Francisco as well as New Orleans (2X) on their schedule. It would be really nice for us if they stay hella competitive and on the edge of playoff contention.

I don't think ATL has much left in the tank. Their online and defense were always weak and the strength of their team is now ravaged by injury.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Tech Worlds wrote:
    bestfightstory wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:I find it far more entertaining thinking about who's going to have to come to our house, and how much they'll be wishing they get anyone but Seattle when playoff time comes.

Curious. Very curious.

:curious:
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• bestfightstory wrote:

I can buy Carolina as that team. I don't think Jonathan Stewart will do much for their run game, but the talent is there at QB and on defense. They really should be 4-2 right now had Ron Rivera just ran either Newton or Tolbert on fourth-and-inches late in the Bills game. That's a good call.

Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

• bestfightstory wrote:

Neither one of those teams will beat the Niners. The Niner will start to get healthy later on this season. Crabtree, Manningham, Aldon, Wright, Carradine etc. Also, we just might trade for either Josh Gordon or Hakim Nicks, which will make us lethal down the stretch. Also, we can't wait for Dec. 8th, which will be a short week for Seattle.
    Ninerg
    NET Practice Squad

• AceBoogie715 wrote:The 49ers have the Jaguars next game, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the 49ers a run for their money. Gus Bradley has them still competing, despite being winless. They also have the Saints in New Orleans week 11. That could potentially be a loss. However, I digress...I highly doubt that the 49ers and Seahawks will finish the season with the same record.

But hypothetically if we do, I have no problem with us going into Dallas who Stephen A. Smith calls "an accident waiting to happen."

You mean like Tennessee gave the Seahawks in Seattle a tough game and got thoroughly dominating by the Niners in their own stadium.

Don't count on the Jags beating the Niners. LOL
    Ninerg
    NET Practice Squad

• Ninerg wrote:
    AceBoogie715 wrote:The 49ers have the Jaguars next game, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the 49ers a run for their money. Gus Bradley has them still competing, despite being winless. They also have the Saints in New Orleans week 11. That could potentially be a loss. However, I digress...I highly doubt that the 49ers and Seahawks will finish the season with the same record.

You mean like Tennessee gave the Seahawks in Seattle a tough game and got thoroughly dominating by the Niners in their own stadium.

Don't count on the Jags beating the Niners. LOL

Yeah kind of like how the Seahawks went down to the wire with the Colts and they thoroughly embarrassed your Niners at home
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• 0 teams are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs right now and there are 10 weeks of football left. Doesn't it feel a little bit early to discuss this?

Don't get me wrong, we can certainly feel good about our chances to get in, but to be talking about likely seeding and how we feel about matchups 10 weeks before the end of the regular season seems silly.
    President of the Perfect Parents Society - est. 2013
    JesterHawk
    * Smackmeister *

• JesterHawk wrote:0 teams are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs right now and there are 10 weeks of football left. Doesn't it feel a little bit early to discuss this?

Don't get me wrong, we can certainly feel good about our chances to get in, but to be talking about likely seeding and how we feel about matchups 10 weeks before the end of the regular season seems silly.

Then don't participate. Duh.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Smelly McUgly wrote:Cobb will be back, though, around Week 15/16. He'll be ready for the playoffs.

Anyway, I'm thinking that, unless Marc Trestman really is a QB genius, the Bears are done. That would leave:

DAL, GB, DET, SEA, SF, NO

as the six clear teams that look like they are making the playoffs. Then it comes down to who will make a second-half surge. I think WAS and ATL are the best candidates for that role, but do you see ATL threatening NO at this point (or actually even making that run)? Washington is about the only team that could knock off either Dallas or one of the two Wild Cards. So basically, we likely have our field set except for seeding.

I could easily see Carolina taking the #6 seed at 9-7 but I think Detroit has a legit shot at getting to 10-6. If i were Green Bay at the #3 seed I be rooting against Carolina because if Kapernick can tear their defense apart I think Newton who has been play the best football of his career could do the same.

Carolina remaining games (W) vs. Falcons (2-4), (L) at 49ers (5-2), (L) vs. Patriots (5-2), (W) at Dolphins (3-3), (W) vs. Buccaneers (0-6), (L) at Saints (5-1), (W) vs. Jets (4-3), (L) vs. Saints (5-1), (W) at Falcons (2-4)

Detroit remaining games vs. (L) Cowboys (4-3), (W) at Bears (4-3), (L) at Steelers (2-4), (W) vs. Buccaneers (0-6), (L) vs. Packers (4-2), (W) at Eagles (3-4), (L) vs. Ravens (3-4), (W) vs. Giants (1-6), (W) at Vikings (1-5)

My projections are

#1 Sea 14-2
    #2 NO 14-2
    #3 GB 12-4
    #4 DAL 11-5
    #5 SF 13-3
    #6 CAR/DET 9-7

Wildcard

#5 SF @ #4 DAL - SF win
    #6 CAR/DET @ #3 GB -GB win

Divisional Round
    #5 SF @ #1 SEA - SEA Win
    #3 GB @ #2 NO - NO Win

NFCCG - #2 NO @ #1 SEA

Looks like Monday Dec 2nd is preview of the NFCCG!!!
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information