Christain Michael

hawk79

Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted, but what is going on with Michael? Why are they not using him more? Kind of surprised.

Cartire

Reaction score
Third string back. Has the average amount of carries for third string backs on teams that don't have injuries or run by committee. This is not an issue.

Pie Romania

Reaction score
Tylerhawk":2ci8etlr said:
Bad pass protection maybe

This is my understanding as well. He didn't seem to get the protection schemes so we're running with Turbin instead. Once CM has it figured out, we'll see more of him. His burst will give us a Leon Washington type change of pace, but with a bigger body. If he can control that spin move and only use it when necessary, he could be a pretty good back. Hope he figures it out soon because Turbin gets tripped up if one of the linemen breaks wind.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
His explosiveness could be used. Kinda sucks our 1st rd and 2nd round picks were used on offensive weapons who so far have had zero impact.

Smellyman

Reaction score
it is frustrating that we lament the fact we need game breakers who threaten a D and desperately want to see harvin, have a guy on the bench who does just that.

A few packages and plays per game would be nice

The Outfield

Reaction score
Also sucks since he wanted to be on this team so badly. Hopefully he doesn't mind sitting out until he learns more about the offense and blocking.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Outfield":2pxxk34q said:
Hopefully he doesn't mind sitting out until he learns more about the offense and blocking.

One better would be if he didn't mind not getting paid while he learns these basic fundamentals.

kearly

Reaction score
IMO, it's 90% motivation, 9% to save wear on the tires, and 1% about his pass blocking. If you've seen what goes for pass blocking on this team, that aspect hasn't kept anyone else from starting. Though Turbin is a good pass blocker, he wasn't really much better at it in the preseason than Michael was. They want him hungry when he finally gets his chance, and psychologically, they want him to feel that he earns his starting job when he eventually gets it.

It doesn't hurt either that Lynch is playing his best football ever, and Turbin is looking vastly improved as well.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Secret weapon! They are going to unleash him down the home stretch at key points in the game to totally overwhelm our opponents.

Word

plyka

Reaction score
I bet you 90% of it is simple inertia. Lynch is the undisputed #1, Turbin is #2 and Michael is #3. And it is working since the Hawks have one of the best running games in the league with one of the worst offensive lines in the league. So why change? I have a feeling that coaches are reluctant to make changes unless it's obvious or necessary, this is one reason so many talents are finally "discovered" by chance or circumstance. How the hell did Curt Warner go from bagging groceries one year to winning the superbowl the next year? Did his talents and skills all of a sudden explode by ten fold in his late 20's and early 30's, or did he get lucky and get a shot?

I think this year is a no go for Michael, he will need an injury or severe sucking by Turbin to get a shot. While i think it is plainly obvious to any and all, that his talents are desperately needed for this team's offense. He would add a different dynamic to the team, another tool in the shed. A player that can break it at any second, in fact, currently the only player on the team with said ability. Harvin does too, but he hasn't played yet. We need to start the give Christine a chance group.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2wbtalk8 said:
Secret weapon! They are going to unleash him down the home stretch at key points in the game to totally overwhelm our opponents.

Word
That's what I'm thinking as well. The guy will have fresh legs for the 2nd half.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I can say that I really can't blame him for feeling like an "outcast". He sees other teams make playing time for their 1st Round picks...."Why am I not I seeing the field?"

chris98251

Reaction score
Shaun Alexander had a few splinters in his butt that first year also. We can start a new tradition though, the Wheres Micheal weekly Thread, I think we see one every week sionce he looked so dynamic in pre season.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":q6niq71l said:
I can say that I really can't blame him for feeling like an "outcast". He sees other teams make playing time for their 1st Round picks...."Why am I not I seeing the field?"

Who says he feels like an outcast? And he was the very last pick of the 2nd round, not a first rounder.

LaMichael James was a 2nd round pick last season and didn't play an offensive snap until December. He's still barely used behind Gore and Hunter.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3aaujd5h said:
Bigpumpkin":3aaujd5h said:

Who says he feels like an outcast? And he was the very last pick of the 2nd round, not a first rounder.

LaMichael James was a 2nd round pick last season and didn't play an offensive snap until December. He's still barely used behind Gore and Hunter.

He was a "1st Rounder" for the Hawks, was he not? Perhaps, I should have said "first pick". ;)

ivotuk

Reaction score
Why would anyone want ot start an inexperienced rookie behind this line? You think Marshawn is having fumble problems? Put Michael in there and see what you get, well besides him getting your franchise QB killed.

I never understand why people bemoan the fact that an untested rookie is not playing and seem to think he will be the next big thing. In reality, those kind of moves hurt a team, not help it. Relax, Lynch and Turbin are playing well and are one of the main reasons our QB can still walk.

Go back and watch some of the blocks Marshawn and Robert make, then imagine Christine attempting those blocks and what would happen to Russell Wilson. Remember Lynch spitting up blood?

I'm guessing here, but I believe they are making their decisions based on what they are seeing in practice.

RussellMania

Reaction score
I figure they view Michael as a long term investment. Running backs are kind of like fighters. They're great until one day they're just old. It's not a gradual thing and it's a good thing to be prepared for. One day either Turbo will start with Michael backing him up or vice versa.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I don't see the rush to bring him in as long as the Beast and Turbin are healthy and getting the job done. Michael will be a fresh hungry set of legs down the stretch in key situations when teams have no film on him and no answer for his speed and shiftyness.

He did look a bit frustrated in the Tennessee game, saw him sitting on the bench with a pink towel over his head when our O was on the field in the second half. Dude's gotta be chomping at the bit to get some action!

Latest posts