Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:51 pm 
NET Practice Squad
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:41 am
Posts: 75
Don't know if this has been posted, but what is going on with Michael? Why are they not using him more? Kind of surprised.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:53 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am
Posts: 2216
he's their 3rd string running back.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:59 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:38 pm
Posts: 18
Bad pass protection maybe


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:09 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2037
Third string back. Has the average amount of carries for third string backs on teams that don't have injuries or run by committee. This is not an issue.

_________________
Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:12 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:35 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Lewis County
Tylerhawk wrote:
Bad pass protection maybe


This is my understanding as well. He didn't seem to get the protection schemes so we're running with Turbin instead. Once CM has it figured out, we'll see more of him. His burst will give us a Leon Washington type change of pace, but with a bigger body. If he can control that spin move and only use it when necessary, he could be a pretty good back. Hope he figures it out soon because Turbin gets tripped up if one of the linemen breaks wind.

_________________


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:13 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
Posts: 1997
Location: Graham, WA
His explosiveness could be used. Kinda sucks our 1st rd and 2nd round picks were used on offensive weapons who so far have had zero impact.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:21 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm
Posts: 445
Location: Hong Kong
it is frustrating that we lament the fact we need game breakers who threaten a D and desperately want to see harvin, have a guy on the bench who does just that.

A few packages and plays per game would be nice


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am
Posts: 2192
Also sucks since he wanted to be on this team so badly. Hopefully he doesn't mind sitting out until he learns more about the offense and blocking.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:42 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4667
Location: The 5-0
The Outfield wrote:

Hopefully he doesn't mind sitting out until he learns more about the offense and blocking.


One better would be if he didn't mind not getting paid while he learns these basic fundamentals.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:51 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9819
IMO, it's 90% motivation, 9% to save wear on the tires, and 1% about his pass blocking. If you've seen what goes for pass blocking on this team, that aspect hasn't kept anyone else from starting. Though Turbin is a good pass blocker, he wasn't really much better at it in the preseason than Michael was. They want him hungry when he finally gets his chance, and psychologically, they want him to feel that he earns his starting job when he eventually gets it.

It doesn't hurt either that Lynch is playing his best football ever, and Turbin is looking vastly improved as well.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:54 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8824
Location: Granite Falls, WA
Secret weapon! They are going to unleash him down the home stretch at key points in the game to totally overwhelm our opponents.

Word

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:40 pm
Posts: 1308
I bet you 90% of it is simple inertia. Lynch is the undisputed #1, Turbin is #2 and Michael is #3. And it is working since the Hawks have one of the best running games in the league with one of the worst offensive lines in the league. So why change? I have a feeling that coaches are reluctant to make changes unless it's obvious or necessary, this is one reason so many talents are finally "discovered" by chance or circumstance. How the hell did Curt Warner go from bagging groceries one year to winning the superbowl the next year? Did his talents and skills all of a sudden explode by ten fold in his late 20's and early 30's, or did he get lucky and get a shot?

I think this year is a no go for Michael, he will need an injury or severe sucking by Turbin to get a shot. While i think it is plainly obvious to any and all, that his talents are desperately needed for this team's offense. He would add a different dynamic to the team, another tool in the shed. A player that can break it at any second, in fact, currently the only player on the team with said ability. Harvin does too, but he hasn't played yet. We need to start the give Christine a chance group.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:14 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:36 pm
Posts: 9834
Tech Worlds wrote:
Secret weapon! They are going to unleash him down the home stretch at key points in the game to totally overwhelm our opponents.

Word

That's what I'm thinking as well. The guy will have fresh legs for the 2nd half.

_________________
42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS century, deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:32 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Puyallup, WA USA
I can say that I really can't blame him for feeling like an "outcast". He sees other teams make playing time for their 1st Round picks...."Why am I not I seeing the field?"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:44 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9180
Location: Renton Wa.
Shaun Alexander had a few splinters in his butt that first year also. We can start a new tradition though, the Wheres Micheal weekly Thread, I think we see one every week sionce he looked so dynamic in pre season.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:56 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:15 am
Posts: 3092
Bigpumpkin wrote:
I can say that I really can't blame him for feeling like an "outcast". He sees other teams make playing time for their 1st Round picks...."Why am I not I seeing the field?"


Who says he feels like an outcast? And he was the very last pick of the 2nd round, not a first rounder.

LaMichael James was a 2nd round pick last season and didn't play an offensive snap until December. He's still barely used behind Gore and Hunter.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 pm 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
Posts: 4628
Location: Puyallup, WA USA
DavidSeven wrote:
Bigpumpkin wrote:
I can say that I really can't blame him for feeling like an "outcast". He sees other teams make playing time for their 1st Round picks...."Why am I not I seeing the field?"


Who says he feels like an outcast? And he was the very last pick of the 2nd round, not a first rounder.

LaMichael James was a 2nd round pick last season and didn't play an offensive snap until December. He's still barely used behind Gore and Hunter.


He was a "1st Rounder" for the Hawks, was he not? Perhaps, I should have said "first pick". ;)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:12 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7601
Why would anyone want ot start an inexperienced rookie behind this line? You think Marshawn is having fumble problems? Put Michael in there and see what you get, well besides him getting your franchise QB killed.

I never understand why people bemoan the fact that an untested rookie is not playing and seem to think he will be the next big thing. In reality, those kind of moves hurt a team, not help it. Relax, Lynch and Turbin are playing well and are one of the main reasons our QB can still walk.

Go back and watch some of the blocks Marshawn and Robert make, then imagine Christine attempting those blocks and what would happen to Russell Wilson. Remember Lynch spitting up blood?

I'm guessing here, but I believe they are making their decisions based on what they are seeing in practice.

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:15 pm 
NET Practice Squad
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:58 am
Posts: 66
I figure they view Michael as a long term investment. Running backs are kind of like fighters. They're great until one day they're just old. It's not a gradual thing and it's a good thing to be prepared for. One day either Turbo will start with Michael backing him up or vice versa.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:33 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 725
Location: Bremerton
I don't see the rush to bring him in as long as the Beast and Turbin are healthy and getting the job done. Michael will be a fresh hungry set of legs down the stretch in key situations when teams have no film on him and no answer for his speed and shiftyness.

He did look a bit frustrated in the Tennessee game, saw him sitting on the bench with a pink towel over his head when our O was on the field in the second half. Dude's gotta be chomping at the bit to get some action!

_________________
Beast Mode 05 Sep 12 - "And then with our defense playing the way that they've been playing, we don't even need an offense."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:36 am 
* Glitter over Knives *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:13 pm
Posts: 8511
Because he doesn't deserve it. For whatever reason. This isn't Holmgren's Seahawks. Pete has shown a commitment to playing whoever can help this team win, when they deserve to play.

_________________
"Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
"BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:41 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2447
Smellyman wrote:
it is frustrating that we lament the fact we need game breakers who threaten a D and desperately want to see harvin, have a guy on the bench who does just that.


1. When you have one of the best backs in the league like Lynch, it's hard to not give him touches for an unproven rookie.

2. Michael still has to learn pass protection. It's not as easy as just saying "He's exciting, let's get him in the game." He has a lot of responsibility other than just carrying the rock. Until he's got all that down, Pete isn't going to play him...........especially when he has two backs that know what they're doing ahead of him.

Michael is more than likely the back of the future, but that's not for another 2-3 years.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:44 am 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8824
Location: Granite Falls, WA
COMPete baby.

He has to earn the playing time over others at his position.

He obviously hasn't.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:46 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am
Posts: 2447
I would like to see Michael given a chance on kickoff and maybe punt returns, it seems his speed and toughness would translate well to those roles. He's got the quickness of Leon, but he's bigger.

But maybe Pete doesn't trust him, who knows. But if he's going to see the field, it seems logical that it'd be in that role.

_________________
If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:47 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 5:55 am
Posts: 3972
http://www.nfl.com/player/christinemichael/2539322/profile

http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster/Christine-Michael/410dee6f-25e3-4122-9636-b1ab0acbcb54

It's really not that difficult.

_________________
And this post is not directed at anyone personally.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:55 am 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:48 pm
Posts: 2269
Smellyman wrote:
it is frustrating that we lament the fact we need game breakers who threaten a D and desperately want to see harvin, have a guy on the bench who does just that.

A few packages and plays per game would be nice


don't be silly. Michael hasn't shown anything yet. People get way to carried away with preseason performance. The fact is he's had 9 carries against the worst team in the NFL and is average just 4.1 yards a carry.

The guy isn't some electric player, if he was he'd be playing more. They would find ways to get him the ball. The fact that they haven't is telling. He just isn't ready to be a major contributor yet.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:38 am
Posts: 876
I just think he has to win playing time. Hard to get on the field with those two guys ahead of him.

Not to mention, I think he's the future after Lynch so they're probably bringing him along slowly and making sure he knows the mental side of his position before putting him out there to learn on the job.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:04 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
I understand being intoxicated with what this kid can do, but at the risk of appealing to authority, I trust Pete to do right by Michael. Golden Tate was a talented dude too, but didn't get how to be a professional and how to run routes. It took him time, why should we assume CM won't take time? CM has documented issues with his college coaching staff, perhaps he is learning as much about life right now as he is about football. Or not learning, which could also be the explanation for his lack of time.

Brandon Browner got benched for not playing within the frame of the defense. The limited bit we have seen CM suggests he doesn't play well in the frame of the offense, ignoring the one cut to look for the bigger play.

What is so hard to understand about not trusting the rook?

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:19 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:15 am
Posts: 2293
Honestly I think the reason everybody expected to see more of him right out of the gate was simply due to what we did last year starting all the rookies. This year practically the only rookie starters are due to injuries.

I would still love to see Bevell throw a few plays together with Cmike and Percy Harvin in at the same time. No one would have film on them and it could be stunning. Imagine a wishbone with Lynch, Mrob and CMike and then Harvin and Tate as the wideouts! How the hell would you defend that?

Gotta be patient.

_________________
#NEXTMANUP


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:31 am 
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
*GOLD SUPPORTER*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 1094
Who knows? When we're ahead 60 points Monday against the Lambs and need to drain the clock, maybe Beast and Turbo will get tired and Michael will get some carries!

_________________
Terry
(The Lurker)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:36 am 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7601
Scottemojo wrote:
I understand being intoxicated with what this kid can do, but at the risk of appealing to authority, I trust Pete to do right by Michael. Golden Tate was a talented dude too, but didn't get how to be a professional and how to run routes. It took him time, why should we assume CM won't take time? CM has documented issues with his college coaching staff, perhaps he is learning as much about life right now as he is about football. Or not learning, which could also be the explanation for his lack of time.

Brandon Browner got benched for not playing within the frame of the defense. The limited bit we have seen CM suggests he doesn't play well in the frame of the offense, ignoring the one cut to look for the bigger play.

What is so hard to understand about not trusting the rook?



Nailed it! Do we have an icon of a hammer and nail? Or a nail gun :?:

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:37 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:40 pm
Posts: 1308
ivotuk wrote:
Why would anyone want ot start an inexperienced rookie behind this line? You think Marshawn is having fumble problems? Put Michael in there and see what you get, well besides him getting your franchise QB killed.

I never understand why people bemoan the fact that an untested rookie is not playing and seem to think he will be the next big thing. In reality, those kind of moves hurt a team, not help it. Relax, Lynch and Turbin are playing well and are one of the main reasons our QB can still walk.

Go back and watch some of the blocks Marshawn and Robert make, then imagine Christine attempting those blocks and what would happen to Russell Wilson. Remember Lynch spitting up blood?

I'm guessing here, but I believe they are making their decisions based on what they are seeing in practice.


I think we need to get our argument straight.

"Why would anyone want ot start an inexperienced rookie "
Um, where in god's green earth has anyone said that they want Michael to take the starting job away from BeastMode? This is called a STRAW MAN argument, where you argue against an argument you've created out of thin air.

Regarding fumbles, why would you assume Michael fumbles more than Lynch? Lynch and even more so Tate, have a real problem with securing the ball. There is very little correlation between experience and fumbling. Some players have major issues with fumbling, some have almost zero issues with fumbling. It has to do with how the player secures the ball. If you watch Tate run for instance, he holds the ball away from his body --almost any touch and the guy will fumble. Lynch doesn't have a problem nearly as bad, but it's obvious when he is struggling for more yards, the ball tends to move away from his body and he rarely has two hands securing the ball. This is a recipe for fumbling. Christine does not struggle for yardage like Beastmode. I haven't seen enough to say whether he is a fumbler or not, but to assume he is based on his experience is nonsense.

You have a lot of "imagine" or "guess" in your post. You may be right, or you may be wrong. But there is a difference between practice and real games, and coaches are susceptible to mistakes just like any human. YOu won't see his influence unless he gets a chance.

Sgt. Largent wrote:
Smellyman wrote:
it is frustrating that we lament the fact we need game breakers who threaten a D and desperately want to see harvin, have a guy on the bench who does just that.


1. When you have one of the best backs in the league like Lynch, it's hard to not give him touches for an unproven rookie.

2. Michael still has to learn pass protection. It's not as easy as just saying "He's exciting, let's get him in the game." He has a lot of responsibility other than just carrying the rock. Until he's got all that down, Pete isn't going to play him...........especially when he has two backs that know what they're doing ahead of him.

Michael is more than likely the back of the future, but that's not for another 2-3 years.


This is a reason to give Michael some running opportunities. You have Lynch who gives 100% on every run. Players are injury prone or not, and Lynch has shown in his time with us that he is NOT (in Buffalo it was another story), but you still do not want to get to the playoffs with a 75% Lynch. You want to give him as much rest as possible. Turbin is simply too much of a drop off in capability from Lynch. Michael is definitely not. In my mind, in order to have a 100% Lynch, you want to run him as little as possible while not affecting the outcome of the game. In this scenario, I would give Michael some time.

The only argument which can be made not to give him time is that they are not comfortable with his understanding and or blocking. Which makes perfect sense. Russell is the #1 guy on this team, superbowl hopes would go up in flames if he got hurt, so if Michael increases that chance, then you don't give him time. But this is the only argument against Michael. And you can better judge once he is in their for a few snaps in the game.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:48 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:49 am
Posts: 2037
plyka wrote:

The only argument which can be made not to give him time is that they are not comfortable with his understanding and or blocking. Which makes perfect sense. Russell is the #1 guy on this team, superbowl hopes would go up in flames if he got hurt, so if Michael increases that chance, then you don't give him time. But this is the only argument against Michael. And you can better judge once he is in their for a few snaps in the game.


That's not the only argument. We don't run by committee. He is the third string back. Even Leon only got carries during blowouts. This is PC's philosophy.

On top of that, you have no idea how he performs in practice, when these guys actually compete for their spot. He obviously hasn't earned his place as the number two, so why are you questioning PC? Michael will get his supposed needed game time experience when PC feels he's ready and not before then. Just because he was our first pick (at the end of the second round btw) doesn't entitled him to anything his rookie season.

_________________
Time of possession is the most meaningless statistic in football. -RolandDeschain


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:13 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:50 am
Posts: 11159
Location: Antioch, CA
Michael was drafted as insurance for the 2 guys ahead of him on the depth chart and as a plan for the future. He was never intended to be a feature of this year's offense.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:59 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4667
Location: The 5-0
I think we can go back and forth all day long about why Pete is holding CM out. In the end, only the team knows. The camp that wants to see CM now has every right to demand as much. It's just too easy to say "CM is a 3rd string back....has trouble blocking...troubles with special team play". There's no position easier to transition from college to pro, than RB. IF after almost 3 months CM is still not ready, he was drafted WAY too high.

When we used our 1st pick on a back, most of us asked WTH? But we grew comfortable with the pick because CM was damn "near Harvin-like" in terms of explosiveness. "Just wait til you see this guy". OK, we're waiting. IF CM was as deadly as promised, they would have found a place to work him in from time to time. It's not like we have been blowing teams out week after week and again, if the concern is "games have been tight, can't risk a turnover". if that's the case, again, he was drafted WAY too high.

"We're saving him for the future". Why? Did we fear the NCAA was getting ready to ban RBs? There's never a shortage of RBs, but in 2013, we did have a shortage of top draft picks.

The argument "there are many 3rd string backs with no more carries than CM" only holds water if those backs were 1st or 2nd rounders.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:08 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11208
hawk79 wrote:
Don't know if this has been posted, but what is going on with Michael? Why are they not using him more? Kind of surprised.


BECAUSE NOT ONLY IS PETE CARROLL AN IDIOT, BUT HE DIDN'T LIKE CHRISTINE MICHAEL ANYWAY AND ONLY PICKED HIM BECAUSE SCHNEIDER REALLY WANTED HIM AND WHAT YOU'RE SEEING RIGHT NOW IS THE BEGINNING OF A RIFT BETWEEN CARROLL AND SCHNEIDER THAT WILL DERAIL OUR SUPER BOWL DREAMS. ALSO, CARROLL HAS IT OUT FOR MICHAEL AS AN INDIVIDUAL BECAUSE HE DOESN'T LIKE HIS MOTHER.

Just kidding. Hawk79's question was totally innocent. But I do wonder sometimes what the Michael fans are looking for.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:11 pm 
* Fat Stoner Nerd *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:30 pm
Posts: 847
I like Michael but there is obviously some reason he hasn't seen the field yet. I liked the kid coming out of college and think that with the right motivation he could be a #1 RB easily. But that isn't going to happen overnight and likely without injury to Lynch or Turbin I don't see it happening this year.

_________________
Image

RolandDeschain - noted Dorito eater wrote:
If you want to come prove your smack talking capabilities in person, stop by Gold's Gym in Kirkland any night around 5-6pm and say hi.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:18 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 7:21 pm
Posts: 579
HawkWow wrote:
I think we can go back and forth all day long about why Pete is holding CM out. In the end, only the team knows. The camp that wants to see CM now has every right to demand as much. It's just too easy to say "CM is a 3rd string back....has trouble blocking...troubles with special team play". There's no position easier to transition from college to pro, than RB. IF after almost 3 months CM is still not ready, he was drafted WAY too high.

When we used our 1st pick on a back, most of us asked WTH? But we grew comfortable with the pick because CM was damn "near Harvin-like" in terms of explosiveness. "Just wait til you see this guy". OK, we're waiting. IF CM was as deadly as promised, they would have found a place to work him in from time to time. It's not like we have been blowing teams out week after week and again, if the concern is "games have been tight, can't risk a turnover". if that's the case, again, he was drafted WAY too high.

"We're saving him for the future". Why? Did we fear the NCAA was getting ready to ban RBs? There's never a shortage of RBs, but in 2013, we did have a shortage of top draft picks.

The argument "there are many 3rd string backs with no more carries than CM" only holds water if those backs were 1st or 2nd rounders.

Well said.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:26 pm 
* Capt'n Dom *
* Capt'n Dom *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:40 am
Posts: 8824
Location: Granite Falls, WA
We should cut Beast Mode so Christine can play.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4667
Location: The 5-0
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
hawk79 wrote:
Don't know if this has been posted, but what is going on with Michael? Why are they not using him more? Kind of surprised.


BECAUSE NOT ONLY IS PETE CARROLL AN IDIOT, BUT HE DIDN'T LIKE CHRISTINE MICHAEL ANYWAY AND ONLY PICKED HIM BECAUSE SCHNEIDER REALLY WANTED HIM AND WHAT YOU'RE SEEING RIGHT NOW IS THE BEGINNING OF A RIFT BETWEEN CARROLL AND SCHNEIDER THAT WILL DERAIL OUR SUPER BOWL DREAMS. ALSO, CARROLL HAS IT OUT FOR MICHAEL AS AN INDIVIDUAL BECAUSE HE DOESN'T LIKE HIS MOTHER.

Just kidding. Hawk79's question was totally innocent. But I do wonder sometimes what the Michael fans are looking for.


I think we'd all like to be Michael fans. As of today, he's a top pick not seeing playing time. Hard to be a fan of that. I figured we drafted Michael to replace ML as early as 2014 (based on salary). But I also thought he'd have this year to prep for that 1 spot. I hoped we'd figure out a way to keep Lynch and as of now, I see Lynch returning for 2014 and possibly beyond. So that's the bright spot in this for me.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:35 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:39 pm
Posts: 1594
He's a bum.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:28 pm 
* 17Power Blogger *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am
Posts: 11208
HawkWow wrote:
As of today, he's a top pick not seeing playing time. Hard to be a fan of that.


This is actually common for a championship team. Once a team becomes a perennial contender, they often go into "maintenance mode" with their high picks and ease them in while the current stars wear down. They were selected with a specific role in mind, but there's no hurry to rush them into that role as there would be with a bad team. They have more wiggle room for "luxury picks".

As for Seattle - well, we could debate over whether they went into maintenance mode prematurely, but they did almost make the NFCCG last year. And RB's wear down fast. I never really raised an eyebrow at the Michael pick.

_________________
GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:40 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4667
Location: The 5-0
MontanaHawk05 wrote:
HawkWow wrote:
As of today, he's a top pick not seeing playing time. Hard to be a fan of that.


This is actually common for a championship team. Once a team becomes a perennial contender, they often go into "maintenance mode" with their high picks and ease them in while the current stars wear down. They were selected with a specific role in mind, but there's no hurry to rush them into that role as there would be with a bad team. They have more wiggle room for "luxury picks".

As for Seattle - well, we could debate over whether they went into maintenance mode prematurely, but they did almost make the NFCCG last year. And RB's wear down fast. I never really raised an eyebrow at the Michael pick.


I am probably a bit more perturbed with the situation than I would typically be. I didn't like the hits ML was taking at the line last year to get his 1600. So naturally I was hoping for OL, with WR no longer a concern due to the Harvin signing. Now....with our 2nd rounder on the bench and our line in even worse shape, I am irritable. ; )

Hopefully Pete and co are merely waiting for the return of Okung for better protection and / or the powder keg Harvin to distract defenses before unleashing CM onto the free world. In all actuality, we are fine without CM, I just need to know he's the real deal, then I'll be fine with everything. But yes, I am a bit concerned whether or not that is the case.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:24 pm 
* NET Eeyore *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 am
Posts: 10488
Location: Pasco, WA
I would love to see production from our 2nd rd pick this year, but right now we have not necessarily needed him yet, plus they probably still want him to improve on certain aspects of his game such as pass pro.

_________________
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:12 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4667
Location: The 5-0
Blitzer88 wrote:
I would love to see production from our 2nd rd pick this year, but right now we have not necessarily needed him yet, plus they probably still want him to improve on certain aspects of his game such as pass pro.


Your last sentence is the one that causes me the most discomfort, Blitzer. In college, CM played at a major program where the passing game was prominent. He should have been fairly well dialed in on protection from his time there, alone.

Since that time, he's had the luxury of some of the worlds best coaches working with him while being surrounded by some of the best players in the league. We know that he is a very talented athlete, so with all that coaching and all that talent, how is it that he can't get on a football field? For me, it's troubling.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:25 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2233
HawkWow wrote:
Blitzer88 wrote:
I would love to see production from our 2nd rd pick this year, but right now we have not necessarily needed him yet, plus they probably still want him to improve on certain aspects of his game such as pass pro.


Your last sentence is the one that causes me the most discomfort, Blitzer. In college, CM played at a major program where the passing game was prominent. He should have been fairly well dialed in on protection from his time there, alone.

Since that time, he's had the luxury of some of the worlds best coaches working with him while being surrounded by some of the best players in the league. We know that he is a very talented athlete, so with all that coaching and all that talent, how is it that he can't get on a football field? For me, it's troubling.


See Montana's post

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:39 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm
Posts: 3181
chris98251 wrote:
Shaun Alexander had a few splinters in his butt that first year also. We can start a new tradition though, the Wheres Micheal weekly Thread, I think we see one every week sionce he looked so dynamic in pre season.


We can add that to the "holy crap someone sneezed in China and Turbin fell down" thread we see every week.

Meanwhile, Turbin ran over 5 guys in the Arizona game on his way to a 3-4 yard run and looked like Lynch doing it. But no one will mention it when anything good happens since he seems to be a pariah on this board now.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:43 pm 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10044
Hawks46 wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
Shaun Alexander had a few splinters in his butt that first year also. We can start a new tradition though, the Wheres Micheal weekly Thread, I think we see one every week sionce he looked so dynamic in pre season.


We can add that to the "holy crap someone sneezed in China and Turbin fell down" thread we see every week.

Meanwhile, Turbin ran over 5 guys in the Arizona game on his way to a 3-4 yard run and looked like Lynch doing it. But no one will mention it when anything good happens since he seems to be a pariah on this board now.

Not with me, he isn't. Yeah, I would like to see Turbo run with more balance, but I love his pass catching. Now, that run in Arizona where he ran for 30 yards to gain 2 was dumb, and got Carpenter hurt, but overall I liked his game.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:07 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm
Posts: 4667
Location: The 5-0
Is Turbin loathed on this board? I can't imagine why that would be. Perhaps people don't always consider what a rhythmic position RB is. Asking for more than we are getting from Turbin, is asking a lot of a guy that sees the ball so infrequently. He runs with authority, catches well and holds onto the ball. LOVE the guy. Oh yeah, and he's cheap!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christain Michael
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 1289
I have called out Turbin to loathe him after the Texans game.

I think he's an ace 3rd down back for sure but I feel his pass protection is vastly overrated by some, he's good but he's not one of the best at his position or anything, and I feel he's still an average rusher overall who needs to rely on O-Line play for production. Also, I'm not sure if he's a special team standout.

My biggest thing about Turbin is he doesn't look his part, he's a tank but tries to run like Chris Johnson and flash to the outside. I'd rather have a more sucessful short yardage bruiser than well rounded change of pace guy. I feel like Turbin is getting better, he's starting to figure out what he can and can't do as a rusher. And he's slowly changing his style and adjusting to the O-Line.

I like Turbin, he was my favorite RB in the 2012 draft after Chris Polk but after seeing what Michael can do with his athleticism purely as a rusher. You just don't forget that and it should burn your patience up a little bit... with so much explosive play-making ability just wasting away.

Its cool though, the team is above Michael, we are 6-1 with him seeing limited action, he'll continue to grow, he'll continue to watch Lynch and learn what it takes to be the most physically overwhelming RB in the NFL today. 4 -5 years down the road, when we would have all but have forgotten the legacy of Beast Mode, Michael will be the next best RB in the NFL and we will be comparing him as a hybrid of Lynch and Peterson. And we will be giving Michael nicknames like Seattle's Sweetness or Sonic Sweetness or Sonic Dynamite.

_________________
#3 taught Doubters, GREATNESS can be a product of HARD WORK.
#25 taught America, that we're ALL just CLASSLESS jerks.
#24 taught the Media, to REAP what you SOW.
#12 taught the NFL, TO BE LOUDER.

YOU WANTED THIS NOISE, AMERICA.
DON'T PLAY WITH DYNAMITE, IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BOOM.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], hawknation2014, jasehawk, Largefarva, NoChops, Popeyejones, Sprfunk and 74 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.