Peek at Browner's benching vs TEN

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... 79fd3e79c3

Pete Carroll pulled the Pro Bowl-caliber cornerback during the first half of the game against the Titans and then challenged Browner to play within the defense during the week. It was just one of the astute moves by the Seahawks’ fourth-year coach coming out of the game against the Titans and going into the game against the Cardinals.

“As a competitor, you never want to be pulled off the field because of the way you’re playing. I thought about that all week,” Browner said in the locker room at University of Phoenix Stadium. “I knew I had to bounce back and play the way I’m capable of playing. Pete sat down with me during the week and told me why he pulled me. He said, ‘I don’t think you understand our defense. What we’re trying to do.’

“Sometimes it takes a good talking to someone. He got his point across and I took it.”

Interesting. Browner recovered rather well.

jkitsune

Reaction score
Just an example of good coaching. I remember Breno getting benched for his undisciplined play at least once or twice and cleaning up a bit thereafter. I also seem to remember Holmgren never benching his underperforming veterans, though that may be biased hind-sight.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Good read, (obviously I would think that, since I'm in the 'yeah 6-1 is awesome, but we're still making a lot of mistakes' camp) but man, Clare's grammar and misspellings just get worse and worse over time. Inducted should be induced, the second loss should be lose, he's should be here, it's Luke Willson not Wilson, not considered but consider, continue not continuing, etc.

Not even basic professional-level writing...

mikeak

Reaction score
RolandDeschain said:
I'm in the 'yeah 6-1 is awesome, but we're still making a lot of mistakes' camp
Thanks for naming this camp. Not kidding - a lot of us get slammed when doing any criticism and this is the perfect way of of calling it. Happy about the 6-1 and knowing they play their hearts out but there is definately still room for improvement by eliminating mistakes

Axx

Reaction score
he should bench wilson for the lulz to see if he is capable of playing even better.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Glad to see Browner was listening and didn't just go off and pout because he was benched. I thought he played great against the Cards, maybe this was just what he needed to get his head on straight.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Damn Pete told him he doesn't think he understands the defense? That must hurt to hear, but I'm glad Browner took that and turned it into a positive. He was outstanding VS the Cards. Then again, aren't most of their receivers bigger, slower guys?