Wolf Grey uniforms

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Re: Wolf Grey uniforms
Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:40 am
  • razgriz737 wrote:If it were up to me, I would switch out the whites and just use the greys as our away jerseys permanently. Superstitions aside, I just think they look awesome.

This would be my vote too. Wolf grey all the way!
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:30 am
  • My likes:

All Blue
    All Grey
    White Top/Blue Bot
    White Top/Grey Bot

that's it.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:13 am
  • Wolf pack for the win!
    dradee
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:25 am
  • dradee wrote:Wolf pack for the win!

Actually, if it's a win, they look good no matter what ;)
    Why is it when I try to come off as a smart ass, the opposite happens? :-(
    grizbob
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:43 pm
  • Giblien wrote:I DESPERATELY want the 80's and 90's unis back. They looked SOOO good. Use them in the super bowl when we stomp the Broncos to put the souls of Seahawks past to rest.

:141847_bnono:

We're with the times now.
    WestcoastSteve
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:49 pm
  • I'm accepting size 40 donations in the wolf greys from those who dislike them
    BleedGreenNblue
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:49 pm
  • Our new uniforms make the previous uniforms look kind of corny
    BleedGreenNblue
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:09 pm
  • I do not care what the uniforms look like. Dumb.
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:17 pm
  • Isn't the wolf gray the jersey in the NFL hall of fame?

Also, I specifically bought the wolf gray for my 12 jersey, and it looks freaking fantastic.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:52 pm
  • Wolf Gray... we're winners :)
    Oh DonkoSpurt We Hardly Knew Ye!
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:25 pm
  • Grey all the way!
    * NET Staff *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:32 pm
  • I'm the opposite. I think we should wear the wolf grey on the road every week.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:59 pm
  • Can only wear twice per year so not worth discussing
    Seaswab
    NET Veteran

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:54 pm
  • Polk738 wrote:Does anyone else think we should just stick to the white uniforms? I'm just not a fan of those Wolf Grey unis, or just the blue tops with wolf grey pants looks fine but ya the greys just don't do it for me.

They're horrible. Maybe with blue pants they'd be less horrible*, but they're just plain horrible. There's no personality to them and they do nothing but showcase sweaty crotches. They're effing disgusting.

* I thought the same about the whites. White on white with a dark helmet looks stupid. The only thing Moron Jr did when he was coach was to wear blue pants on the road.
    MadSweeney
    NET Rookie

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:12 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:If it were up to me, I would switch out the whites and just use the greys as our away jerseys permanently. Superstitions aside, I just think they look awesome.

I think they are by default now. I believe by NFL rules, an alternate jersey can only be worn once. Going into Thursday, we had worn the grays once and the whites once. Wearing the grays Thursday made the whites our alternate jersey.

Nope, you can wear alternate unis two times in the course of a season. Also, I seem to recall hearing last year that Seattle had floated the possibility of using grey as their road color instead of white, and the league shot them down. So we have seen the last of the wolf greys for 2013.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:37 pm
  • I'm totally on the "Love them" side of the folks here. Not only a winner, but I just love how our guys look in them.
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:46 pm
  • Shadowhawk wrote:
    Seanhawk wrote:
    razgriz737 wrote:If it were up to me, I would switch out the whites and just use the greys as our away jerseys permanently. Superstitions aside, I just think they look awesome.

I think they are by default now. I believe by NFL rules, an alternate jersey can only be worn once. Going into Thursday, we had worn the grays once and the whites once. Wearing the grays Thursday made the whites our alternate jersey.

Nope, you can wear alternate unis two times in the course of a season. Also, I seem to recall hearing last year that Seattle had floated the possibility of using grey as their road color instead of white, and the league shot them down. So we have seen the last of the wolf greys for 2013.

Why is it even up to the league in the first place? Man i swear they have such a hard on for uniform related stuff.

I like the grey way more than the white. Never liked white on white jerseys for any team. I wonder if you can use different combos? Like for example in Carolina we wore grey tops and blue pants right? Then all grey twice, so maybe different combos arent limited to the 2 times a season rule?
    keatonisballin
    NET Starter

Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:56 am
  • ALL GRAY ALL DAY!
    The first time we wore them Russell got one put up in Canton! The Wolf Greys are legendary already...
    And that's lame the league shot down the idea of using those as our official road jerseys because I would be all for that! WOLF MODE
    dunceface
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 am
  • keatonisballin wrote:Like for example in Carolina we wore grey tops and blue pants right? Then all grey twice, so maybe different combos arent limited to the 2 times a season rule?

Nope, we wore blue tops with grey pants in Carolina. Home team gets to choose what jersey they wanted to wear: they wore their white jerseys to try to keep a little cooler so we had to wear our blues. Pants color is a little less regimented so we wore our grey pants instead of the blue ones.
    Shadowhawk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:30 am
  • like the grey on grey, but white on white is favorite of all of them.

Fun facts

1) Hawks are only team in NFL to never have worn white at home
    2) last year we were 0-3 with white top and gray bottoms losing to all three other NFC West teams. Plus there is no gray in the white jersey so im not sure why they chose that at all.
    3) white top with blue bottom I don't love, but they were 0-1 with loss at Detroit.

since they have used up the gray on gray, I like the blue/blue at home. White/white on road. Plus, since we changed I believe in 2002, every road playoff game was white on white.

Born and raised in Seattle , live in NY, so Ive seen it all with this team. All the way this year.
    seahawksny
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:36 am
  • seahawksny wrote:like the grey on grey, but white on white is favorite of all of them.

Fun facts

2) last year we were 0-3 with white top and gray bottoms losing to all three other NFC West teams. Plus there is no gray in the white jersey so im not sure why they chose that at all.
    3) white top with blue bottom I don't love, but they were 0-1 with loss at Detroit.

since they have used up the gray on gray, I like the blue/blue at home. White/white on road. Plus, since we changed I believe in 2002, every road playoff game was white on white.

Born and raised in Seattle , live in NY, so Ive seen it all with this team. All the way this year.

Post more. you brought it.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:38 am
  • seahawksny wrote:like the grey on grey, but white on white is favorite of all of them.

Fun facts

Also..........................
    And they have NEVER worn blue tops with any other color except blue since the change in 2002. ( Reg Season) . In year of the Super Bowl, first game at Jacksonville was only other time they wore Blue tops and White bottoms. Last year they wore Blue tops with gray at Miami and at Carolina and repeated that again at Carolina this year.
    seahawksny
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:41 am
  • Polk738 wrote:Does anyone else think we should just stick to the white uniforms? I'm just not a fan of those Wolf Grey unis, or just the blue tops with wolf grey pants looks fine but ya the greys just don't do it for me.

Yes, I like the classic white on white. Especially on grass so they get dirty
    seahawksny
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:48 am
  • Love the greys. Love the whites. Love the blues. There's a reason I have one of each. :mrgreen:

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:05 am
  • Make grey pants permanant on the road...i don't care what color they choose for the tops, grey/grey or grey/white combos both look nice! :)
    "I didn't do anything...i just headbutted him!"
    purpleworld
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:33 am
  • volsunghawk wrote:Love the greys. Love the whites. Love the blues. There's a reason I have one of each. :mrgreen:

Sounds like you're talking about species of extraterrestrials, the KKK, and Stevie Ray Vaughan...
    "God bless America, and God bless the Seattle Seahawks" - Cortez Kennedy
    HoustonHawk82
    * NET Mechanic *

Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:57 pm
  • I still am a fan of the white on white for road games, but the greys are pretty nice as well.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:31 pm
  • I don't like the all grey - count me in as wanting to see blue pants on the road.

Blue Top and Grey Pants would look great -

But: I think the solid colors may help, its like movement camouflage - not as easy to read changes in direction.
    ChiefHawk
    NET Starter

Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:37 pm
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:
    volsunghawk wrote:Love the greys. Love the whites. Love the blues. There's a reason I have one of each. :mrgreen:

Sounds like you're talking about species of extraterrestrials, the KKK, and Stevie Ray Vaughan...

Yup. I've got an alien, a white supremacist, and the remains of SRV in my basement, encased in glass. It's a seriously weird mancave.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:11 pm
  • My favorite jersey I have is a wolf grey limited Lynch, still looking for the same one for Sherman.
    42-13, 29-3, and 23-17 and a Lombardi trophy from THIS millennium.....deal with it niner trolls

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:01 pm
  • silverss wrote:who cares really as long a they keep on winning!!!

EVERY uni discussion someone passes along this sentiment, so this isnt targeted at you silverss, but that being said:

im SOOO tired of this. sure "fashion" is a womans thing. or so the stereotype says, but this isnt fashion. its about opinions about what people think looks good. its pretty common for kids to like teams based on their colors, their uniforms. this statement makes me think the person who types it is the kind of person seen on www.peopleofwalmart.com. you should always strive to look good in everything you do, and people should take pride in how they look whether its sports or everyday life. im sure if the broncos had never lost in their god-awful brown on mustard unis, or the eagles in their yellow/baby blues, their fans wouldnt be advocating they wear them full time.

that being said, "fashion" is all about opinion. and everyones is different. which is why these types of threads get so popular (and annoying) everyone has a say. its easy to skip over an X's and O's thread or one about a certain play, but unis is something we all have an opinion and a say about.

all THAT being said, i love the greys. am a huge fan of the blue over greys. but feel like our throwbacks would look like crap. maybe not (smaller pads, tighter unis, etc) but i know in Madden (i know, ughhh) the throwbacks look like crap. then again its a video game.

also, i wasnt much of a fan of the new unis when they debuted, but boy have they grown on me. and im glad. id hate for my fav team to have an ugly uni. then again, maybe its the fact we have righted the ship and are winning.
    muxpux
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:06 pm
  • The uni's have really grown on me. Was just meh when they first came out but after I saw them in person, the gray and blue's are nice. Stay fresh.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:10 pm
  • seahawksny wrote:
    seahawksny wrote:like the grey on grey, but white on white is favorite of all of them.

Fun facts

And they have NEVER worn blue tops with any other color except blue since the change in 2002. ( Reg Season) . In year of the Super Bowl, first game at Jacksonville was only other time they wore Blue tops and White bottoms. Last year they wore Blue tops with gray at Miami and at Carolina and repeated that again at Carolina this year.

At home you mean ...

They did however where a darker shade of blue pants for a few games in the 2009 season. They developed those to wear with the neon green jersey and ended up wearing them a few more times at home during that season.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:25 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:
    seahawksny wrote:
    seahawksny wrote:like the grey on grey, but white on white is favorite of all of them.

Fun facts

At home you mean ...

They did however where a darker shade of blue pants for a few games in the 2009 season. They developed those to wear with the neon green jersey and ended up wearing them a few more times at home during that season.

I do remember those darker blue pants. They didn't even match with the home blue tops. Not much went right during Mora's time there.
    seahawksny
    NET Starter

Previous

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information