Tell me your best Seahawk game story -it better be good ;)

tom sawyer

Reaction score
It was Sunday morning Nov. 4th 1984, it was slow at work, they told me I could leave and I drove down to the Kingdome, parked and went to buy a ticket to the game, I passed this guy selling an extra ticket he had, as I approached the tickets booths, I noticed they were all closed, I approached a police officer and asked him "what's up" He said "are you kidding me, the games been sold out for a while". Bummed I ran back and approached the guy selling the extra ticket and arrived just before another person and yelled "I'll take it!" (his wife fell ill and couldn't make it the game) $17. Left me for just enough for a dog and a couple king beers.

When I enter the dome, I started to look at the ticket... when I found my seat I couldn't believe it, right behind home team, I could see the players really well. I was so excited when we got the first score, a FG, then Dave Brown got a 90y six-pick, then Keith Simpson had to play copy cat for a 76 yarder, then later in the second half Dave Brown and Kenny Easley decided to pick up another pair of six-picks!!

During this game the Seahawks set NFL records for most yards returning interceptions (325), and most interceptions-for-touchdowns in a game (four). Final 45-0 Hawks. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 040sea.htm

I was standing on my seat for 3/4 of this game and completely lost my voice!

24w56v8

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 040sea.htm

Starrman44

Reaction score
That's pretty much setting the bar way high. Insane when you consider you literally got the last ticket and where it was located. Very jealous.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
sc85sis":9pekk91m said:
$17 for an NFL game; my how things have changed.

When I first got my season tickets I was second row to the top in the old Kingdome. 10 dollars a ticket. Got a pair of season tickets for 200 dollars total. It was awesome.

chris98251

Reaction score
5 years in a row free Monday Night Football Tickets when we were in the AFC, 3 games against the Raiders, God Bless Barbara Greene, she was a season ticket holder but never went to Monday Night Games becasue she got to work so early.

Rocket

Reaction score
Denver, with kid, with makeup, with jerseys, in the snow.
We won.
Lippy bimbo in front of us gave us crap, everyone else was way cool.
We won.
25mph down the highway all the way home... almost 4 hours.
We won.

cover-2

Reaction score
I can't compete with that first story, but here is my favorite game back when I had season tickets. It was the 2005 NFC Championship game vs. the Carolina Panthers. The Seahawks completely dominated the game! I was there with a friend and I predicted a couple plays during the game, well kind of...One play I had noticed that backup QB Seneca Wallace was on the field and he was lined out as a WR, which I normally would not have caught (my seats where on the first row of the upper deck 300 level south endzone) and the offense was on the 50 or 40-yard line. So, when I saw Wallace lined up as a WR I made it known to my friend by standing up, vigorously pointing towards the side of the field where Wallace was lined up, and in a loud obnoxious way yelling "Look for Walllace he is lined up out wide" then....the ball is snapped and Hasselbeck throws it down field to Wallace for 20 or so yards. Later in the game the Seahawks offense was on about the 20-yard line going towards my end zone (south end zone) I yelled to my friend, something like "this play is going to be a TD pass to this corner of the end zone (pointing to the corner nearest our seats) and...the ball is snapped and Hasselbeck throws it to...ummm..some WR who runs it to the corner of the end zone I had just called out.

When the game was over, my friend and I hung out at our seats savoring the victory and the incredible atmosphere we were just apart of. There were a handful of us in my section that still stayed at our seats long after the game and Seahawks players were intermititly heading off the field towards the tunnel to go back to the locker rooms. Well that tunnel is in the southwest corner of the stadium, closest towards my seats. Seahawks WR Joe Jurevicius was slowing jogging towards the tunnel and looked up at the 300 level in my general direction, and I yelled something at him with both arms extended out pointing at him...and he actually pointed back at me. Being a part of the 12th Man on that day was one of the best day of my life.

Here is a video from some random fan at that game.
[youtube]YzkPCq7lkB4[/youtube]

Tical21

Reaction score
Home playoff game against the Rams, 07 maybe. I called and got tickets the minute they became available for $80. A couple jealous buddies decided to come and buy scalped tickets at the last second. So my buddy and I are sitting in our seats and the teams take the field or the opening kick, and the two seats next to us are like the only empty seats in the house. I see my buddies making their way out of the concourse, up the stairs. 55 thousand however many seats, and they ended up getting the two seats right next to us. Talk about odds.

Jayburd14

Reaction score
My favorite memory is from the 2005 NFC Championship game, I just remember the point when the game was won and just taking a moment and sitting back and taking in all the energy and excitement of the 12th Man.

C-Dub

Reaction score
My favorite memory is from February 2nd, 2014 when the Seahawks played the Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII in MetLife. It was a cold day, and Peyton couldn't move the ball against our stingy defense. This game was dominated start to finish by the Hawks. Russell Wilson had a legendary performance picking apart that Denver defense through the air and on his feet, Beast Mode had over 100 yards after contact, and Percy was just simply electrifying. What a great game watching my Hawks win their first Super Bowl 37-17.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Well, there was that one time I went out for ice cream with matt Hasselbeck after the game. That was kinda fun...

...but then we had to fight the evil robot after and I saved his life. That was pretty memorable.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I would like to tell the story tied to the Dallas game which essentially turned into an all around dream day, however I could not do so without incriminating myself.

So, I will bring up the next best thing.

11/11/1990 - My roomate had family in Kansas City with Season tickets for the Chiefs. We took a last minute trip to accept an offer to see the Hawks play and spend the weekend there.

We went with the family to their tailgate which started at 8AM and was a fantastic event filled with food and beer. A couple of spots down, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen exits a motor home with a group of other girls, but this one took off her jacket to expose a nicely filled Seahawk's T-shirt that got my attention immediately. I had been drinking and without thinking about anything I introduced myself and flat out told her I thought she was beautiful. After all, I had no chance with this person and assumed she was a local.

Fortunately she was great at conversation and fully entertained by my admiration of her. When she told me she was on a road trip from Seattle we exchanged phone numbers. I spent the next 2 hours not caring about the game, while trying not to get caught "admiring" the fit of her Seahawks shirt. I was just happy to have her number.

The entire pre game all I could think about was the girl I just met. After the end of the first quarter I turned around and was shocked to see the very girl sitting in the row behind me, just a few seats over. She was smiling and gave me a little wave, but the thing that came to mind was that she had been watching me in my natural state of fandom. I was pretty embarrassed and concerned that I might have picked my nose or something stupid without knowing it.

As the game progressed the Hawks just scraped by, there was a bomb to Jeff Chadwick and the Hawks were in business despite Derrick Thomas getting sack after sack. The Hawks had that one break with Chadwick and really not much more. It was the typical movement of the ball at times that either ended in a punt or a FG with one of FOUR fumbles happening in the end zone late in the game. It was the same story, Okoye doing his thing and the Hawks choking in KC.

As the clock wound down, my girl started to leave with her group which had both KC and SEA fans in it. I said "why are you leaving?!" and she replied "it's over, we are out of here" I said "you can't leave now! There is still a chance, we will get the ball back. It's never over if it is a 1 score game" (knowing full well that it was, I just wanted to talk to her) Then the UNTHINKABLE happened. As Krieg nearly goes down he hits Skansi in the end zone and our little area went crazy as the Hawks just ripped the Heart out of Arrowhead.

My new girl was so happy she was bouncing up and down which only added to my joy, but she crawled over the seat, hugged me and kissed me. It was like the first kiss I ever had as a teenager and when it was over both our groups were laughing at us and the comments started. I turned around and looked at her party and said very loudly. "THATS why we stay for the finish!"

I was literally offered a ride back with her in their motor home but had to fly back to get back to work the next Tuesday. I did however get her her address and when she arrived home on Thursday she was greeted by 260 dollars worth of flowers. It worked and this December that girl and I will be celebrating our 20 year wedding anniversary. But we always celebrate 11/11 as our true anniversary.

To add, to this day she stops me when I get down about the Hawks being down on the road. If I walk away from the TV she always says "WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? Its never over if is only a 1 score lead"

Best game ever.. yeah, now that I just re-lived it, the KC game was far better than the Romobobble game. My entire life is what it is because of that game. Kids, home, the works.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
My first Hawks game in person was vs. New England at home on December 18, 1983 and the Hawks won to clinch their first ever playoff berth. My team was going to the playoffs!! On top of it, tix were given to me by a friend's dad who couldn't go to the game due to being out of town on business.

NFCCG vs. Carolina and the win that finally got the Hawks to the Super Bowl. Bought my seats on like Razorgator or StubHub. A very good investment indeed.

Both games were amazing experiences and I am very proud to have attended both in person.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2ql38fwy said:
I would like to tell the story tied to the Dallas game which essentially turned into an all around dream day, however I could not do so without incriminating myself.

So, I will bring up the next best thing.

11/11/1990 - My roomate had family in Kansas City with Season tickets for the Chiefs. We took a last minute trip to accept an offer to see the Hawks play and spend the weekend there.

We went with the family to their tailgate which started at 8AM and was a fantastic event filled with food and beer. A couple of spots down, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen exits a motor home with a group of other girls, but this one took off her jacket to expose a nicely filled Seahawk's T-shirt that got my attention immediately. I had been drinking and without thinking about anything I introduced myself and flat out told her I thought she was beautiful. After all, I had no chance with this person and assumed she was a local.

Fortunately she was great at conversation and fully entertained by my admiration of her. When she told me she was on a road trip from Seattle we exchanged phone numbers. I spent the next 2 hours not caring about the game, while trying not to get caught "admiring" the fit of her Seahawks shirt. I was just happy to have her number.

The entire pre game all I could think about was the girl I just met. After the end of the first quarter I turned around and was shocked to see the very girl sitting in the row behind me, just a few seats over. She was smiling and gave me a little wave, but the thing that came to mind was that she had been watching me in my natural state of fandom. I was pretty embarrassed and concerned that I might have picked my nose or something stupid without knowing it.

As the game progressed the Hawks just scraped by, there was a bomb to Jeff Chadwick and the Hawks were in business despite Derrick Thomas getting sack after sack. The Hawks had that one break with Chadwick and really not much more. It was the typical movement of the ball at times that either ended in a punt or a FG with one of FOUR fumbles happening in the end zone late in the game. It was the same story, Okoye doing his thing and the Hawks choking in KC.

As the clock wound down, my girl started to leave with her group which had both KC and SEA fans in it. I said "why are you leaving?!" and she replied "it's over, we are out of here" I said "you can't leave now! There is still a chance, we will get the ball back. It's never over if it is a 1 score game" (knowing full well that it was, I just wanted to talk to her) Then the UNTHINKABLE happened. As Krieg nearly goes down he hits Skansi in the end zone and our little area went crazy as the Hawks just ripped the Heart out of Arrowhead.

My new girl was so happy she was bouncing up and down which only added to my joy, but she crawled over the seat, hugged me and kissed me. It was like the first kiss I ever had as a teenager and when it was over both our groups were laughing at us and the comments started. I turned around and looked at her party and said very loudly. "THATS why we stay for the finish!"

I was literally offered a ride back with her in their motor home but had to fly back to get back to work the next Tuesday. I did however get her her address and when she arrived home on Thursday she was greeted by 260 dollars worth of flowers. It worked and this December that girl and I will be celebrating our 20 year wedding anniversary. But we always celebrate 11/11 as our true anniversary.

To add, to this day she stops me when I get down about the Hawks being down on the road. If I walk away from the TV she always says "WHY ARE YOU LEAVING? Its never over if is only a 1 score lead"

Best game ever.. yeah, now that I just re-lived it, the KC game was far better than the Romobobble game. My entire life is what it is because of that game. Kids, home, the works.

Great story.
In 1980 I ran an ad for a musician for a band I was starting. She answered my ad. Married 29 years and we just got back from Az while repping with other 12's in the sun. She is still a babe,

osprey6

Reaction score
Sept 9, 2006, Ford Field, Detroit MI - Returning to the scene of the crime. I put in a priceline bid for a place in Dearborn, hoping to get a really nice hotel. I was thrilled when I found out my bid was accepted , and it turned out to be the hotel the Seahawks had used for the SuperBowl.

After a long drive with the family we arrive at the hotel and go up to our room. My wife wanted me to check on something in the lobby, so down I went wearing a Seahawks cap and sweatshirt. I got what I needed, and pressed the elevator button. When the doors opened, I walked on and paid no attention to who else was with me until the door closed and I heard some deep laughs. When I looked around, I saw three large gentlemen carrying white binders reading "Detroit Lions". That's right, it was the team hotel - the HOME team hotel.

We traded some good-natured barbs on the ride up (especially about the coach who had been arrested for "driving while nude"). We shook hands when we reached my floor, and I left with a smile. The one fellow I later found out was DT Kalimba Edwards

But the game is most memorable to me because I had my family. I actually took my 9 month old daughter into a hostile NFL Stadium -and she slept through most of the game. But then again, so did a lot of people because of the lack of scoring. Indeed, it was a stunning display of offensive ineptitude. That was the third game I've been to where neither team scored a touchdown (and I've since been to another in Cleveland in 2011)

But it was a victory, and a game, and I treasure every one of those. Yes, even the embarrassing loss in Buffalo in 2008, getting pelted with M&Ms in Cincinnati in 2003, and the heartbreaking last second field goal misses in Washington in 2005 and Detroit in 1996.

birdman5

Reaction score
tom sawyer":ja6qx2fl said:
It was Sunday morning Nov. 4th 1984, it was slow at work, they told me I could leave and I drove down to the Kingdome, parked and went to buy a ticket to the game, I passed this guy selling an extra ticket he had, as I approached the tickets booths, I noticed they were all closed, I approached a police officer and asked him "what's up" He said "are you kidding me, the games been sold out for a while". Bummed I ran back and approached the guy selling the extra ticket and arrived just before another person and yelled "I'll take it!" (his wife fell ill and couldn't make it the game) $17. Left me for just enough for a dog and a couple king beers.

When I enter the dome, I started to look at the ticket... when I found my seat I couldn't believe it, right behind home team, I could see the players really well. I was so excited when we got the first score, a FG, then Dave Brown got a 90y six-pick, then Keith Simpson had to play copy cat for a 76 yarder, then later in the second half Dave Brown and Kenny Easley decided to pick up another pair of six-picks!!

During this game the Seahawks set NFL records for most yards returning interceptions (325), and most interceptions-for-touchdowns in a game (four). Final 45-0 Hawks. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 040sea.htm

I was standing on my seat for 3/4 of this game and completely lost my voice!

24w56v8

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 040sea.htm

I remember this game clearly. It was unbelievable!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1hq73r2j said:
Great story.
In 1980 I ran an ad for a musician for a band I was starting. She answered my ad. Married 29 years and we just got back from Az while repping with other 12's in the sun. She is still a babe,

Its totally crazy how one small decision can turn into something like that. Im sure you, like me had no thoughts of meeting "that" girl when you placed your ad. Back then the idea of only one was the furthest thing on my mind. It took ONE conversation and two weeks later I had no interest in anything else.

Do you still have the ad you placed? We still have the torn Yahtzee scoring sheet she wrote her number on.. lol.. Yahtzee, no laptops or cell phones back then to keep you busy on the road.

Great game in KC though and I am constantly reminded of it, the Derrick Thomas "football life", old Seahawk clips. Lol.. Jeff Chadwick.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I think it was 1997 and this was back in the Kingdome days. I was nine years old and I went and watch the Seahawks play the Raiders with my mom who is a die hard 'Hawks fan. Now a thing you need to know about my mom is that she's a tiny woman. She's Scottish born, moved to the States when she married my dad and discovered American football in the 80's and fell in love with it. She's a kind, sweet, quiet little lady who absolutely hates foul language and violence.

However... That all changes when football is one, especially if she's watching Seattle. Now I'm sitting next to my mom and we're cheering for the Hawks when this loud, obnoxious Raiders fan decked out in Raider swag was shouting, heckling, spilling beer, etc. This gentleman seemed to be about 6'3ft (as a kid he might as well have been 10ft tall) and my mom is like 5'2ft. This little woman, having enough of this loud mouth turns around and gives what we call in our family the 'death stare' and says to him sternly, "Sir, I am trying to watch the game with my son. You are being both rude and pushy. I suggest you sit down and shut up or else security will have a very good reason to throw me out when I get done with you." The man stared at my mom, blinked, then cleared his throat as he sat down in what appeared to be utter defeat and kept it down for the rest of the game.

Seattle won that game 45-34 if memory serves me well and though it was a great game to watch with plenty of highlight material all I could really think about was how much my mom scared me. It was that day where I told myself never to cross her.

VinoHawk

Reaction score
I was sitting in my office on Jan. 20th 2006 and I was talking to my brother about how much we could spend on tickets to the NFCCG without our significant others freaking out. Things were not coming together because the price had sky rocketed since it was two days before the game. I was about to leave for the day and my brother and I decided it wasn't meant to be. I called my fiancé to let her know I wasn't going to make it to the game. She told me not to let money be the factor on why I was going to miss the Championship game. I told her it wasn't me but my brother a die hard Hawks fan couldn't swing it and I wasn't going without him. Depressed, defeated and angry I was headed home when the phone rang.

A really good friend on mine was calling to see if I was going to make it to town to watch the game. I started to explain the situation and told him it was going to happen. He let me finish and asked me how much I loved him. I told him to stop screwing around because I wasn't in the mood. He told me another mutual friend with ties to the Hawks just walked passed his desk and told him he had tickets to the game but his ex-wife wouldn't let him out of his weekend with their 4 year old daughter. He asked him if he wanted to buy his tickets that included Club Passes and Parking at face value. He bought the 4 tickets and called me immediately. ince he was my brothers best friend my brother already knew. I went home packed my bag and was in Seattle in 3 hours ready to start the party.

Best part of the story is my buddy isn't even a Seahawk fan but a life long Niners fans. Out of respect for the NFC West he didn't even wear his Niner gear to the game but there was no way I could get him to suit up for the home team.

Mick063

Reaction score
While in the Navy, the only way I could see the Seahawks live was at the "Murph" in San Diego. Seahawks were in the AFC West at the time.

At the "Murph", I saw........

Steve Largent break the record for career yardage. They stopped the game and gave him the ball. The San Diego fans gave a polite cheer.

On another occasion, I saw Dan Fouts pass for three hundred yards, IN THE FIRST HALF, to build a sizeable lead, followed by Dave Krieg leading a ferocious second half comeback, throwing deep to Darryl Turner often, to pull out a win. As far as watching live games go, the most passing yardage I have seen in a game.