Chapter One - The 1976 Seattle Seahawks

susitnagal

Reaction score
Awesome B ;) love the retro NFL films clips! So many great old hits that are illegal now.

grizbob

Reaction score
Thanks Kitsap, that woke some brain cells I thought were dead :th2thumbs:

Jayburd14

Reaction score
After watching that I think Mike Curtis should be the next 12th Man flag raiser when we play the Buccaneers.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
That was awesome! Thanks for that. Though I've been a fan of the Seahawks since my family moved to Washington in 1977, my memories of those years are fairly spotty because I was just so darn young (I was 6 when we moved up here). My true memories of the Hawks don't really begin until around 1979/1980 or so. Man, that was great seeing Zorn and Largent in action again.

Jayburd14":4o6rq9i2 said:
After watching that I think Mike Curtis should be the next 12th Man flag raiser when we play the Buccaneers.

You know, I'd go for that one. Curtis definitely embodies a lot of what this current Seahawks Defense is all out. I've got another name to add though. It gave me absolute goosebumps to hear Pete Gross on the broadcast again there ... and it go me to thinking. I was checking out the list of 12 Man Flad Raisers and thought of a good one -- how about Pete Gross's widow (if she's still alive) ... or one of his daughters? Heck, Dave Neihuis raised the 12 Man Flag ... so why not honor the original voice of the Seahawks? THAT is a tribute that is long overdue and a real oversight IMO.

kf3339

Reaction score
I don't know if HC Jack Patera has raised the 12th man flag, but he would be a good one as our first head coach. He is still alive and from what I saw still lives in Washington.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
"A young Fran Tarkenton perhaps."

Zorn was the Seahawks all time greatest QB. Wilson reminds me of Zorn. Wilson will have the greater career.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
kf3339":1rnrydra said:
I don't know if HC Jack Patera has raised the 12th man flag, but he would be a good one as our first head coach. He is still alive and from what I saw still lives in Washington.

Yeah, Patera raised the flag back in 2005. That's why I threw out the name of Pete Gross (obviously would need to be a representative.) I can't believe that's not already been done.

For those who are interested, here are the list of past Seahawk 12th Man Flag Raisers (courtesy of Seahawks.com). It's really cool because they've got video clips on there and you can watch previous flag raisers do their thing.

Link:
http://www.seahawks.com/12th-Man/flag-raisers.html

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
Thanks KitsapGuy! Love the rich history Seattle has cultivated and in such a short amount of time. Reminds me of the 79 hawks and gives me an idea for a new thread heh.

chawx

Reaction score
I was negative 4 years old when this happened, but I'm 100% sure that I was a Seahawk fan back then! That was awesome to watch—thanks for posting!

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":12a7ld2s said:
"A young Fran Tarkenton perhaps."

Zorn was the Seahawks all time greatest QB. Wilson reminds me of Zorn. Wilson will have the greater career.

I agree. The way the Hawks are playing now is much like the creative football we've been playing since the beginning. The similarities between Zorn's era and Wilson's struck me as well.

We went back to our roots, and it's paying off in spades.

Latest posts