Too much time off?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Too much time off?
Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:29 am
  • Remember when Pete gave the team a week off last year before the Miami game and they lost? Afterwards he said it was a mistake and one that he wouldnt do again.

Didnt Pete give the team 4 days off after the Thursday game against the Cards? Was that a mistake?

I think last nights performance was more geared towards piss poor coaching but the time off is something that also occured to me.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

Re: Too much time off?
Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:33 am
  • I think it's about the Joes up front. Rams beat us last year in St Louis and gave us a helluva game week 16. Our OL looks shameful at this point. I don't see cut blocks any more, either o.O
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:34 am
  • That might be a factor, and that's got me wondering how he intends to handle the bye week. If the team comes out flat and sloppy against the Saints, that game could get out of hand quickly.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:39 am
  • My personal opinion is that the last few weeks they have been layering in more and more spread look offense so that the transition to having Percy on the field is easy. A lot of single or no back look. And STL is uniquely fast in the front 7, which counters that perfectly.

SF struggled with STL for that reason last year, this year they just played power run game and killed the Rams.

And yes, there were plenty of early signs that running would work, and the Hawks gave up on the run.

Week 17 just got interesting.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:40 am
  • Tech Worlds wrote:Remember when Pete gave the team a week off last year before the Miami game and they lost? Afterwards he said it was a mistake and one that he wouldnt do again.

Didnt Pete give the team 4 days off after the Thursday game against the Cards? Was that a mistake?

I think last nights performance was more geared towards piss poor coaching but the time off is something that also occured to me.

Could be. In addition to last year's worst game of the season on the road after the bye in Miami, the previous year our worst game of the season came in a road game after the bye week, a 6-3 loss to a hapless Cleveland team.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:43 am
  • RiverDog wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Remember when Pete gave the team a week off last year before the Miami game and they lost? Afterwards he said it was a mistake and one that he wouldnt do again.

Could be. In addition to last year's worst game of the season on the road after the bye in Miami, the previous year our worst game of the season came in a road game after the bye week, a 6-3 loss to a hapless Cleveland team.

Without Lynch and with Whitehurst. There is zero correlation.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:46 am
  • What's interesting is that people talk about how bad our post-bye week record is... but did you know that from 2005 through last year, we played on the road after the bye every single year?

This year marks the first time we play at home after the bye since 2004.

Then again, you may not want to look at what we did after the bye in 2004... it involves a 17-point comeback by the Rams.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    volsunghawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:53 am
  • Good point about the no back looks with the idea of Harvin coming in soon. Hopefully they come to the conclusion that better results might come from rotating receivers more and keeping someone back w/ Russ.
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:01 am
  • Scottemojo wrote:
    RiverDog wrote:
    Tech Worlds wrote:Remember when Pete gave the team a week off last year before the Miami game and they lost? Afterwards he said it was a mistake and one that he wouldnt do again.

Without Lynch and with Whitehurst. There is zero correlation.

It doesn't matter who we had or didn't have. It was still the worst played game of the season for us, and was preceded by what was without a doubt the best games we played all season, a two score win on the road vs. the eventual SB champs NY Giants. As I recall, Clipboard Jesus played pretty well in that one.

Cleveland went 1-10 the rest of the way after they beat us that year.
    Last edited by RiverDog on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:07 am
  • Teams have had success against our offense when they line up heavy in the box and play press against our WR's. We saw this last night, they were sending the house all night and beating us all night. I don't know why we were only sending 4 and 5 guys against them. We should have been doing the same thing and making Clemons beat us. Terrible game last night, we didn't deserve to win. The Rams made us look like Jacksonville.
    Schadie001
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information