Did Lynch finger Bevell for calling a pass on the 3rd & goal

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:It's nice to know that the players are thinking the same thing we are.

My question is, if Pete was so dead-set on the run in 2010 that he fired Jeremy Bates for not sticking to it, what's he doing THIS year?

Well to be fair, this year we have a much much much better QB.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• I love how one of our players flips off a coach and we all think it's awesome. Because it is awesome.

I think that playcall had a whole lot to do with not having a fullback. That was after the Coleman injury, no?

Coleman had a very good game btw. At least when I watched him.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Beast is all fun guys!! He's having fun and joking around with everybody and I am sure a small white guy is his favorite guy to tease.
    Seahawkx
    NET Starter

• Seanhawk wrote:Lynch blocked his ass off on the play. That's the important thing.

Yes. I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

This is all that matters.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:I love how one of our players flips off a coach and we all think it's awesome. Because it is awesome.

I think that playcall had a whole lot to do with not having a fullback. That was after the Coleman injury, no?

Coleman had a very good game btw. At least when I watched him.

That's true. Definitely something to consider.
    The Outfield
    NET Veteran

• Best GIF ever.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• We're all alright...

6-1

Go Hawks!
    Wartooth
    NET Veteran

• Wartooth wrote:He'll get fined...

If it was what it looks like he will. The league hates that crap in front of fans. You know kids and all.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Seanhawk wrote:Lynch blocked his ass off on the play. That's the important thing.
    very true, blocked his ass off after the fact.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• But was he "stabbed in the back" ??

:)
    Hawkpower
    NET Rookie

• I'd imagine he will get disciplined by the team or league or both if he really was flipping off a coach. That kind of disrespect won't be tolerated even if he would win the argument here (I agree with the sentiment for sure)
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• At the same time, Lynch blocked exceptionally well on that pass td.
    OLYhawks
    NET Rookie

• That was indeed awesome...don't recall that either when watching....however...op....in the future no more threads including insert name of "player/coach/whoever finger player/coach/whoever" for whatever reason....I mean I wasn't sure what the hell I was getting into, and I knew it wasn't that..but still....did lynch give Bevell the finger leaves no doubt as to what you mean...without having to look at a thread, but seeing why someone would give someone the finger would still get you plenty of views for your thread.
    niveky
    NET Starter

• Sarlacc83 wrote:
    calhawkfan wrote:It should be more about the TEAM and not the individual. Reminds me of when Shaun whined about not winning the rushing title. Wilson didn't give a damn when he didn't get the rookie td record, he was more happy about the win.

No way. Lynch ruined the interior of the Arizona D on the two previous rushes. He earned the right to punch it in.

That was absolutely a time when you give Lynch that ball. He will find that yard. Wilson is awesome, and the play worked, so you can't be mad, but if it didn't work, we'd all be pissed and wondering why the hell Lynch didn't get it.

But it did work, so whatever. Funny pic, though!
    MrCarey
    NET Veteran

• 24 was running hard all game long and did get one in later, right? I was concerned when they were showing him spitting up blood on the sidelines. The Cardinals D was fierce.
    seanoob
    NET Rookie

• This is too much lulz. Archive this.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• Are we sure he isn't signaling to come out because of all the blood in his mouth?
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

• That looks like two fingers to me. Those Nike gloves have different color fingers. Just my opinion
    MoneyLynch24
    NET Practice Squad

• Guys have I mentioned before how much I HATE Bevell? :lol:

God I love Beast Mode. My hero.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

• I am sure if it was the finger, the NFL will fine him. Same as they did with the Miami DL (name escaping me right now), but I probably would react the same after seeing the team not being able to convert a 2 and 2 midfield and sneaking Wilson on a 4th and inches. Or the numerous 3rd and short from the shotgun with 5 wide. That is just mind-boggling to me and I am not one to complain about play-calls.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    Wilson will sign for $18M+ (3/4/2014)
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• I would have run lynch on the play as well. He was the main reason Seattle dominated the the game. As bad as the Seahawks oline is portrayed, it run blocks very well. Arizona, on the other hand, has a terrible oline, and it's really hard to watch them try to block. As fired up as lynch was, I think he could of gained yards for both teams rushing.
    Dick Johnson
    NET Practice Squad

• He has no right to do that IMO.

I mean Seattle had 3 rushing plays in the 2nd quarter.

Rushed for 8 yards
    Rushed for 1 yards
    Stopped on 3rd down ALL Marshawn Lynch's running plays 3x. And they couldn't do a QB Sneak.

If you're gonna get stopped 2x in a row without 1-2 more yards. Good thing they did a pass play because 4th down and only up by only 4, if Lynch didn't cross the goaline, PC would had kicked a FG being 7points up.
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

• Dick Johnson wrote:I would have run lynch on the play as well. He was the main reason Seattle dominated the the game. As bad as the Seahawks oline is portrayed, it run blocks very well. Arizona, on the other hand, has a terrible oline, and it's really hard to watch them try to block. As fired up as lynch was, I think he could of gained yards for both teams rushing.

Seattle
    11:56 1st & 10, SEA48
    Marshawn Lynch rushed up the middle for 9 yard gain
    11:19 2nd & 1, ARI43
    Marshawn Lynch rushed up the middle for no gain
    10:39 3rd & 1, ARI43
    Marshawn Lynch rushed up the middle for no gain
    10:12 4th & 1, ARI43
    Russell Wilson rushed up the middle for no gain

After that run by Lynch it was average mostly 2 yards and 3 yards, But then he got a 17 yard rush. But other than that it was all average.
    Carmon1274
    NET Veteran

• Well they fed him a touchdown after so I don't think the coaching staff was upset about it. Lynch has the right to do W/E he wants to do during a game. Nobody on our roster comes close to playing as hard as him. If everybody on the team battled as hard as him, would be a instant Super bowl ring. The list of of positive plays he makes out of nothing over a season, compared to Adrian Peterson would be funny.
    cockeyhawk
    NET Rookie

• The title of this thread means something completely different where I live.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

• seanoob wrote:24 was running hard all game long and did get one in later, right? I was concerned when they were showing him spitting up blood on the sidelines. The Cardinals D was fierce.

lynch got hit in the mouth this is why lynch was spittin blood and why he looked pissed after.

w00t
    NET Veteran

• I did see him spitting into a cup when they showed him on the sidelines after that TD.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
    .Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    NET Veteran

• Anyone who's mad about this needs to take a step back and realize players and coaches are people too, and I can ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE Lynch flipped him off in a joking manner. No question about it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @realchrisbrown5
    Backpack Rich
    ChrisB Bacon
    NET Veteran

• Missing_Clink wrote:I'd imagine he will get disciplined by the team or league or both if he really was flipping off a coach. That kind of disrespect won't be tolerated even if he would win the argument here (I agree with the sentiment for sure)

Thats just Lynchs sense of humour. I'm sure they are just fooling around and I love it :) its good team spirit and genuine confidence, not real disrespect.
    The Moment: Image
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran

• Now this is interesting to me:

How can people that are upset about Harvin's treatment of coaches applaud this? Or are most of you OK with Harvin and those who have mentioned Harvin simply are not posting?
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• first off that was not blood lynch was spitting out.. LOL it wasSKITTLE JUICE..
    --/*Seattle Seahawks*\--
    hawks4thewin
    NET Veteran

• B)This thread is absolutely clueless.

1) I was flipping off The Seattle Seahawks for leaving Marshawn and Russell in the game as late as they did.

After watchng the video again, several times, it is me that was absolutely clueless. Yep. I agree that 24 was flipping off the call. But he is the epitome of playful in personality and selfless as a football player so in no way do I think he was actually angry.

BEASTMODE is the greatest football player in history.
    Last edited by bestfightstory on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    "BFS is kicking ass in here." -kearly (8/9/2013)
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• w00t wrote:Image

The best part of this is Luke Willson keeping his feet in bounds for a catch he wasn't making
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

• Baaahahahahaha
    "Some people here have been groomed to accept mediocrity and lame ducks, I'm on board with the vibrato!" -SouthSoundHawk
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• AbsolutNET wrote:
    w00t wrote:

The best part of this is Luke Willson keeping his feet in bounds for a catch he wasn't making

awesome...

also, while it was funny, its not cool that lynch flipped off Bevell. i dont know how anyone can say "he was kidding, thats his humor, no disrespect"

he was pissed. thats great. its certainly not unheard of. dont rationalize it though.
    Uncle Si
    NET Veteran

• A big IF here....

But can you imagine the fallout if Wilson had been sacked on that play, or worse, thrown a pick in the end zone?

I'm glad it worked out, but I don't blame Lynch for being mad. At least Browner let him have another opportunity ;)
    Austin Hawk
    NET Veteran

• w00t wrote:

Whoever that is that Lynch blocks is a complete douche and an idiot. He got around Lynch, if he would have kept running towards Wilson he might have got him but he took extra time to pop Marshawn in the mouth before releasing to the QB. AZ's d-line is a bunch of cheap-shotting chumps
    chawx
    NET Veteran

• hawks4thewin wrote:first off that was not blood lynch was spitting out.. LOL it wasSKITTLE JUICE..

Same thing.
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• Russell owes Bevell about 10 of those for all the 7 step drops with a replacement LT that got Russell blindsided.

Bevell was a master on some of the drives with quick shots to guys who were getting open regularly. Then he'd go heavy on the 7 step drops. And let's not talk about the 4th and 1-inch play.
    hawk45
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

• I think giving Bevell crap for not giving the ball to Lynch is short sighted. He has his reasons. Do you think that he does this just to piss off Lynch? PC earlier this year talked about doing things that would help players make through the long season and I think saving Lynch is a part of that plan.
    " Living on Earth isn't cheap, but it does include a yearly free trip around the sun."
    v1rotv2
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• How do we know he was directing that at bevel? sounds like we are making assumptions.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• Not sure if that was directed at Bevell or even if he was flipping him off...but the title of this thread is a little awkward.
    coorslighthawk
    NET Rookie

• I'm going to wait for the All-22
    bestfightstory
    * Glitter over Knives *

• coorslighthawk wrote:Not sure if that was directed at Bevell or even if he was flipping him off...but the title of this thread is a little awkward.

I know, i thought bevel needed an adult.
    We are the 2014 Superbowl champions and it can never, ever be taken away.
    Greatest defense in NFL history.
    Seeker
    NET Veteran

• I thought it was two fingers, and certainly doesn't look like a middle finger to me regardless. I kind of thought it was a signal to the receiver on that side as to which DB Marshawn was planning on blocking.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

• That's two fingers. How is this not clear. His index finger is black.
    Attachments
    image.jpg
    image.jpg (62.41 KiB) Viewed 642 times
    MoneyLynch24
    NET Practice Squad

• v1rotv2 wrote:I think giving Bevell crap for not giving the ball to Lynch is short sighted. He has his reasons. Do you think that he does this just to piss off Lynch? PC earlier this year talked about doing things that would help players make through the long season and I think saving Lynch is a part of that plan.

Yes, but if it's done at the expense of hamstringing the offense, I have to question its validity. Third down has been a bugger off and on for the Seahawks since Bevell arrived, and part of the reason is his insistence on taking Lynch out and going 5-wide on 3rd down. It's just so obvious for the defense to guess. "Hey, no running backs? Hmm, wonder what they're gonna do?"
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• I find it extremely concerning how many people see him giving the finger .

I see nothing.
    EastCoastHawksFan
    NET Veteran

Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Lot of speculation in this thread. Who knows what he is doing?

But if he is flipping off the coaches, I'm struggling to understand why everyone is so delighted about it. Bevel got the call spot on seeing as we scored. No 'I' in team.
    theENGLISHseahawk
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information