Jermaine Kearse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polk738

Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else think we need to start using Kearse ALOT more? He's great in the return game and has made some very impressive catches for the team, I've noticed he's just awesome at catching passes over the defender's heads. I just don't get it when Rice as been subpar but Kearse just continues to produce results.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Because we're six games in and like consistency in the offense but have a patchwork O-line and defenses that are scheming to take away the Play-Action large play?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Polk738":1ynpdddj said:
I just don't get it when Rice as been subpar but Kearse just continues to produce results.

Because the coverage is on Rice and not keying on Kearse as much.

Kearse is 4th on the depth chart and that means he's also lower on the list of Wilson's reads. So factor in the lack of time Wilson has to go through his reads plus the amount of time Kearse actually sees the field. . .

I agree that I'd like to see us use him more but there are more important things to get firing than working your 4th string receiver into the game more as a primary read. What we see is much different than what the coaches are seeing when they study the film.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kearse is getting his snaps, no need to start benching starters just yet.

Also remember some of his success this year is because he's coming in as a 3rd or 4th receiver, so he's not getting the other team's #1 DB. So if you bench Rice and start Kearse, would he still be as effective as he's been this year?

kearly

Reaction score
Kearse is playing fantastic. But he really needs to work on his ball security. It terrifies me watching him run with the football in the open field.

Status
Not open for further replies.