Any reasonable trades you could see?

pehawk

Reaction score
Another reason to love this regime is that they do pull trades. A true rarity in today's NFL. It's awesome for us PFT...aka NFL Tabloid readers.

So, is there any reasonable trades you could envision the Hawks pulling off? I'd be interested in McKinney for a 7th, it appears the Ravens are willing to throw him and SweetPea out the window. I know we rip on our WR's, but I like them. But, I'd listen to a Britt for a 7th. Just to light a fire under Sidney, maybe?

(P.S. I really want to try and keep this in the main forum, if possible. The NFL forum, is for 49er fans and really bad upset picks by yours truly)

XOXO

Peter Vescey

cacksman

Reaction score
I don't see it simply because of cap room. The NFL is not like the MLB where you can just plug a guy in at a position and expect the same type of performance. In most cases, we're better off with the guys we have just because of continuity. Plus if we made a trade for any vets, our cap room and rollover cap would be out the window. The only one I could get behind would be a trade for Tony G, but that won't happen.

Largent80

Reaction score
Even Pete and Holmy said the WR situation is all about O-Line. I like our WR corps. We need a healthy T.E. if you ask me.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Everyone seems to want to pull the trigger on a fantasy football WR trade, but I don't see it. Who do you bench? Let's assume for right now that Percy/Kearse take a bunch of Sidney's snaps (and I only say this to put all the trendy Rice haters at ease). Doug and Golden are producing and have obvious chemistry with Russell. Why would we roll the dice on an unknown quantity in place of either of them?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Largent80":1qvnhlxq said:
Even Pete and Holmy said the WR situation is all about O-Line. I like our WR corps. We need a healthy T.E. if you ask me.

How does poor offensive line play prevent Sidney Rice from getting separation at any time during his routes?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
As much as I don't foresee rice being here next year without a heavily restructured organization-favoring contract, trading him makes little sense.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Did anyone suggest trading Sidney?

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
There have been some rumors about Hakeem Nicks...

aawolf

Reaction score
There's got to be a left tackle out there that can be had for cheap that is a better backup than McQ. Anyone.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
aawolf":3g7xzzz8 said:
There's got to be a left tackle out there that can be had for cheap that is a better backup than McQ. Anyone.

McKinney can be had.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":v684cyii said:
Largent80":v684cyii said:

How does poor offensive line play prevent Sidney Rice from getting separation at any time during his routes?

It forces RW out of the pocket and into scrambling mode. I saw several plays where Rice was wide open but RW had to move. A couple times where he threw to the underneath guy instead also

Largent80

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":1fi83a8e said:
Largent80":1fi83a8e said:

I am done trying to defend Sid. But I will add that I do not see any receivers getting separation, BECAUSE....as has been pointed out a million times....We are NOT staying on our routes because the crappy line play is forcing RW to scramble...Got it?.....Finally?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
THUGCAPS":s8yq0c4q said:
There have been some rumors about Hakeem Nicks...

I haven't seen the seahawks mentioned as a team he was going to go to.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Gonzalez no longer goes in a 3-point. And, that's pretty important to do here as a TE.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
pehawk":357oipzn said:
Gonzalez no longer goes in a 3-point. And, that's pretty important to do here as a TE.

Well Sidney Rice no longer gets open. And, that's pretty important to do here as a WR.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":2cnma40m said:
Sidney Rice for Tony Gonzalez

LOL.

Hall of Fame TE still producing at a high level for an overpaid chronically injured WR who couldn't get separation from my grandma. How could Atlanta say no to that?

cdallan

Reaction score
If it could be done under the cap (doubtful), I would swap a 5th for Gonzalez half season rental in a cocaine heartbeat. Russ would have no problem hitting the middle of the field if big Tony was the target. I'd forget about the FB and run 2 WR 2 TE a tonne, and chip the DE on most passing plays.

However, PC and JS like to buy low on talented but flawed players, but no one at a position of need springs to mind.