Quick Trivia

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
First University of Washington Husky to play for the Seahawks in a regular season game.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
pehawk":3v7sepqn said:

Correct. Interesting, it took until the 4th season (1979) for a UW player to suit up for the Seahawks.

In terms of overall career, Michael Jackson may very well have the best overall Seahawk career for a Husky. Bush would be in the mix also. Warren Moon had one monster season (1997) but not really a career here. If anyone else can think of a decent Husky/Seahawk career go ahead and fire away!

pehawk

Reaction score
I had no idea he played that long. I was 3 in his rookie year, and didn't start obsessing like Rainman until 6, always figured he didn't start until '82.

Greatest Husky in terms of potential has to be Huard.

The Radish

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2ujn41it said:
Brock Huard did Jack/Shit as a Seahawks.

No but he said in terms of potential and I'd just about have to agree. I think Brock would have been our long term QB is he didn't injure so easily.

:les:

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1ywev342 said:
Brock Huard did Jack/Shit as a Seahawks.

I know. Dude had Jeff George arm skills, trapped in a woman's body.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Huard was never ever an NFL QB and all your revisionist/justification history means nothing.

He stood like a glass statue in the pocket, and invited the opposing pass rush to destroy his ribs instead of actually throwing the ball.

The passing of time does not change that fundamental truth.

pehawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":7tra2pju said:
Huard was never ever an NFL QB and all your revisionist/justification history means nothing.

He stood like a glass statue in the pocket, and invited the opposing pass rush to destroy his ribs instead of actually throwing the ball.

The passing of time does not change that fundamental truth.

I never said he was, nerd. I said he had the potential. Beautiful arm.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
You said he had potential, which you know to be utter crap. His arm was lighting but he had no ability to read an NFL defense or endure an NFL pass rush. If that's your idea of "potential" I for one am happy our current Seahawk leadership has far higher standards than your diminutive stature.

pehawk

Reaction score
Okay, but Huard would've been a top 15 pick IF he came out after sophomore year. That's just true. So, I hardly think I'm alone.

Nerds....

Seafan

Reaction score
The Hawks actually had a Seattle University player before a UW player and Seattle U didn't have a football program.

Latest posts