Honolulu Hawk Watchers?

Hawkaholic

Reaction score
Man, I fly out on Sunday after living here for the past 2 months... Lulu's has all the games on, but it gets crowded and service isn't very good. I've just been watching at home since they were all on TV.

HawkWow

Reaction score
No Seahawk definitive bars that I am aware of, either downtown or Waikiki.

If you're solo, or with a girl, go somewhere a bit less rowdy and a bit more upscale. Aloha Tower, Ala Moana and countless places up and down the Blvd. Kalakaua Ave as well.

There's a cool place in Restaurant row (can't bring the name in)..but use caution if drifting onto the adjacent side streets and into downtown. You're in 9er country and no safer than if you were at the Stick. Stay away from the Kalihi area (between the airport and downtown) at all costs. Nothing good awaits you in Kalihi, mi Bruvah.

If you're out in Hawaii Kai...the Shack is fun but the later it gets, the rougher the Shack gets. If you're wearing Hawk gear, there will always be an asshole and no matter how bad you are, there's someone badder in Honolulu. Keep your wits about you and watch your back. PM me anytime should you have further questions.

Lanakila

Reaction score
HawkWow":1ku9i8fx said:

If you're solo, or with a girl, go somewhere a bit less rowdy and a bit more upscale. Aloha Tower, Ala Moana and countless places up and down the Blvd. Kalakaua Ave as well.

There's a cool place in Restaurant row (can't bring the name in)..but use caution if drifting onto the adjacent side streets and into downtown. You're in 9er country and no safer than if you were at the Stick. Stay away from the Kalihi area (between the airport and downtown) at all costs. Nothing good awaits you in Kalihi, mi Bruvah.

If you're out in Hawaii Kai...the Shack is fun but the later it gets, the rougher the Shack gets. If you're wearing Hawk gear, there will always be an asshole and no matter how bad you are, there's someone badder in Honolulu. Keep your wits about you and watch your back. PM me anytime should you have further questions.

HawkWow....you've pretty much summed up Oahu in a nutshell. Stay home and watch the game.

Hawaiian Hawk

Reaction score
Not sure I have ever heard of a Seahawks bar here either. I live on the northshore and also work every Sunday. I have NFL ticket and watch the game when I get home. And yes they have a frisco fetish here. It's sickening. But give them time. :0190l:

HawkWow

Reaction score
Lanakila":2u85utoi said:
HawkWow":2u85utoi said:

HawkWow....you've pretty much summed up Oahu in a nutshell. Stay home and watch the game.

Pretty sad, huh? I hate having to paint such an ugly picture of this beautiful city, but as you know, the beauty of Honolulu is only skin deep. I always feel compelled to warn others because it has to be one of the most deceptive places in the US.

What really fuels the fire is both tourists and recent transplants, come here after typically being spoon fed this concept of paradise. They party too hard, get reckless in letting their guards down, and some punkass' are always near-by to capitalize on their vulnerability. It's a VERY tough city. I love it, but visitors and kamaainas alike should make an effort to stay under the radar if off the beaten path (and even then).

Casper

Reaction score
Any netters watching in honolulu tomorrow? I'm running the marathon in the morning then looking for a place to watch such as lulu's

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Will be watching the game in the comfort of my living room in Honolulu \ooo/

Casper

Reaction score
I'm staying at the hale koa hotel and I'm definitely in enemy territory with 49er fans

HawkWow

Reaction score
Be a friendly ghost.

If that fails, PM me for a list of stuff that would be fun to bounce off their heads.

(Pssss) read this thread. And know that many Hawaii 9er fans are fans because they still have the apparel from the Montana years. If you're wearing your Hawk gear, and you see someone sizing you up... there's a 50% chance he's just wondering how he's going to look in his own Hawk gear after we win the SB. The other 50% you may have to hit in the head.

BTW, Good luck with your run!

belizehawkfan

Reaction score
I live on the windward side and watch many of the games at the Shack in Kailua, primarily because I can walk there from my home. Often I am the only Hawks fan there but occasionally there are others. I have some friends who follow the Hawks at the Kailua Pub. I have also gone into Waikiki and watched games at Giovanni Pastrami (OK food, but nice setup with tabletop speakers) and seen many other Hawks fans there. Having no team, Hawaii is full of bandwagon fans, most popular are the Steelers, Packers, Niners, and Cowboys. As far as unruliness, I have never seen anything aside from a little lighthearted ribbing. As with most everything on the island Aloha spirit rules. You should feel welcome most anywhere.

HawkWow

Reaction score
belizehawkfan":25yrr50d said:
I live on the windward side and watch many of the games at the Shack in Kailua, primarily because I can walk there from my home. Often I am the only Hawks fan there but occasionally there are others. I have some friends who follow the Hawks at the Kailua Pub. I have also gone into Waikiki and watched games at Giovanni Pastrami (OK food, but nice setup with tabletop speakers) and seen many other Hawks fans there. Having no team, Hawaii is full of bandwagon fans, most popular are the Steelers, Packers, Niners, and Cowboys. As far as unruliness, I have never seen anything aside from a little lighthearted ribbing. As with most everything on the island Aloha spirit rules. You should feel welcome most anywhere.

He's not over in Kailua. He's in town. He would be wise to not count on any "aloha spirit" anywhere in Honolulu. I encourage him to reread this thread. Aloha.

beahawk

Reaction score
Are there any Hawks gatherings in Honolulu or Kailua for this Sunday's playoff game? I'm in town for the weekend and have my seahawks shirt ready to go, but I don't want to get killed / harassed by niners fans! :mrgreen:

OP
OP
A

alohawk

Reaction score
I've stopped in at Rival's in Waikiki several times this season as its close by my place. People are chill there. Every so often there's a drunk, but hey its a bar. Bloody Mary's are good.