This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Tennessee Titans

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Well so far we're 2-1 in the "Dreaded Five" 10 am road tests this season. Pretty damn good with two more to go. So we're 4-1 overall and the rest of the season looks a lot less daunting than it did before it started. I'm just happy to be coming home this Sunday, before we have to go back on the road for two more *sigh*. The good news is we get to play 5 of the last 8 at the CLink with a late bye thrown in to heal up and head for the stretch run! I can't wait to get all our missing pieces back on Offense, then we'll be what we all thought we would be... Dominating on BOTH sides of the ball! Imagine our Pro-bowlers back on the O-line, with Miller and Harvin thrown back into the mix! Oh... MY! So forget this road loss and keep your heads up guys, it's gonna get a whole lot better right directly!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Go Titans

http://gotitans.com/goForum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Titans Report

http://www.titansreport.com/index

"Official" site. Meh.

http://www.titansonline.com/fans/messageboards.html

Football's Future. Another Meh.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=37

If you know of any I missed, please post below.

davidonmi

Reaction score
none of those are that great, the Colts and Houston forums were more interesting

Largent80

Reaction score
My train of thought is. They gave the Cheifs a good game and I respect.

However, the Hawks are thinking they left a lot on the field Sunday, and they are at home, and are going to use this game to make their point.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I have a feeling the Titans are going to be facing a pissed off Seahawks squad.

I listened to a Golden Tate interview today... from what he was saying, the team is angry, and wants to take it out on the Titans.

Maybe Im just hoping because I have tickets this Sunday. :)

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
All the Seahawks need to do is do exactly what they did to the Colts but no mental lapses and flip-flop the the 3rd down conversions plus the 12th man and its a blow-out.

I'm actually hoping the Seahawks can run with the score up quick and get depth players some more experience. Rest some starters because the short week vs an unpredictable Arizona team on the road where we have struggled in their house scares me.

SeahawksBMX

Reaction score
This post from the gotitans board made me laugh:

"we need a qb spy on him. our communication with the crowd noise is going to be key to making adjustments on defense and at the line."

We've known since the early Kingdome days that it's a library when we're on O.

Reaction score
Not sure how many other fans saw Chris Johnson's first TD run of the year last weekend (although you should have, I saw a highlight of it while watching the Hawks game) - That dude has lost a serious step and apparently most of the suddenness that made him so dangerous just a few years ago - It was a nice run, but I felt bad for him watching it.

GoTitans72

Reaction score
Largent80":3ebgymh5 said:

However, the Hawks are thinking they left a lot on the field Sunday, and they are at home, and are going to use this game to make their point.

To make a point? Against a team that lost their starting QB and half of their running game? Lol okay, go ahead and run it up on us. That's not making a point against a down team, it's just being a scumbag. That's all your head coach does anyway.

Our only hope is to get the run game going with CJ1K and Greene. Our defense should play well with Gregg Williams at the helm. Our D and Running game may play well enough to keep us in the game, but Ryan Fitztragic will blow it like he did last week.

I like your board though. I wish GoTitans.com would be a bit more creative with it's appearance. We got a good group of posters over there, come on by if you want to have some discussion. Just ignore the few idiots we have like CJTheBeast, TWW2, and Deuce Wayne. Every forum has their fair share of nutjobs lol.

Throwdown

Reaction score
GoTitans72":1ed50nej said:
Largent80":1ed50nej said:

To make a point? Against a team that lost their starting QB and half of their running game? Lol okay, go ahead and run it up on us. That's not making a point against a down team, it's just being a scumbag. That's all your head coach does anyway. Go ahead and be all proud of that fact.

Our only hope is to get the run game going with CJ1K and Greene. Our defense should play well with Gregg Williams at the helm. Our D and Running game may play well enough to keep us in the game, but Ryan Fitztragic will blow it like he did last week.

I like your board though. I wish GoTitans.com would be a bit more creative with it's appearance. We got a good group of posters over there, come on by if you want to have some discussion. Just ignore the few idiots we have like CJTheBeast, TWW2, and Deuce Wayne. Every forum has their fair share of nutjobs lol.

Where was the running up the score? Cardinals literally gave up in that 58-0 game, they weren't even trying to stop 'em anymore, same goes for the Buffalo game last season, the back ups were in early in the 3rd against the Jags this season, where was running up the score?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
GoTitans72":3gfwqqs4 said:
To make a point? Against a team that lost their starting QB and half of their running game? Lol okay, go ahead and run it up on us. That's not making a point against a down team, it's just being a scumbag. That's all your head coach does anyway.

Woah there lol. It's the NFL, and competition is competition. No one wants to run up the score, but I'm sure every one wants to win handily. Plain and simple that our team and the fans didn't think we should've lost last Sunday, but we did, now there's a fire brewing in the belly of the beast and everyone is feeling they'll bring it on Sunday. Gotta reclaim that #1 spot in the NFC.

GoTitans72":3gfwqqs4 said:

Here's to a good game! :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
GoTitans72":2ky8pgfw said:
Largent80":2ky8pgfw said:

I was gonna attack this post, but you pulled it around. I'm bummed, as well as the rest of Seattle that Jake's not gonna suit up this weekend. He would have been cheered when he ran out on the field. And you might hate Pete (I don't know why, he just seems like the coolest coach, EVER!) but he doesn't intentionally run the score up. He lets his players play, and if your team can't stop 'em, well, it's not Pete out there catching balls. When we got up on the Jags a couple weeks ago, Pete threw in our second stringers. I wouldn't call that running up the score. I don't get this Pete Carroll hate. He rocks as a total players coach, and gets his guys amped up. Absolutely love him, and I bet you would too if he was your coach.

GoTitans72

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3nyi2srg said:
Woah there lol. It's the NFL, and competition is competition. No one wants to run up the score, but I'm sure every one wants to win handily. Plain and simple that our team and the fans didn't think we should've lost last Sunday, but we did, now there's a fire brewing in the belly of the beast and everyone is feeling they'll bring it on Sunday. Gotta reclaim that #1 spot in the NFC.

We're in the same position. We blew the game at Houston, and beat ourselves against Kansas City. We feel like we should be 5-0 or at least 4-1. Our team is pissed, fans are pissed, and coaches are pissed. The only difference is you guys will likely be the ones getting to take it out on us.. being a superior team and at home.

I wish we still had Hasselbeck. He's so much better than Fitz lol.. not that he could win up there this weekend. Only Locker would have a chance really. I just hope it's a respectable score.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Just took a very brief swing through GoTitans... looks like they're annoyed with NFL officiating and offensive play-calling. Where have I seen that before? :mrgreen:

Hawks46

Reaction score
GoTitans72":3nal14i9 said:
Largent80":3nal14i9 said:

I don't know how running up the score is being scumbags. You don't like it, take it up with Roger Goodell. The NFL has gone way over to the offensive side of the ball, and passing the ball has more advantages to playing defense. That, and we beat Houston after being down 17 points, we've come back from 20 point deficits. If we can do it, so can someone else.

Being pissed about another team scoring too many points, and calling it anything in a negative light is just fans whining because their team got pasted. The ONLY thing that could be construed as running up the score was when we did that fake point against Buffalo up big, and Pete apologized and said that call was already in and he didn't remember to take it out. Arizona got waxed by our 2nd stringers last year.

This year, we could've kept our starters in to preserve our #1 ranking on defense, and score more points to boost our offensive ranking. Pete doesn't care about this stuff, and it's more important to him to get out of a game healthy and rest your starters if you can.

Mindsink

Reaction score
GoTitans72":3bejqnpo said:

Yes, I'm sure our defense will show mercy because you guys are starting your 2nd string QB. Seriously?

Btw, thanks for calling our coach a scumbag. I'm sure that will win you a lot of points in future posts.

GoTitans72":3bejqnpo said:

There's a reason why your offense is ranked 26th in the league, and it has little to do with Fitzpatrick. I checked out your forums and it seems a lot of people think if they had Locker, that they'd have a good chance at winning this game. Three out of the four games Locker started, he had under 150 yards passing. I'm not sure how exactly he'd be the difference maker here.

Good luck on Sunday.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I'm not sure that they would have a good change at winning with Locker, but it sure would be better than with Fitzpatrick. Their D is pretty good and you can never sleep on CJ, Nate Washington or Kenny Britt. Unlike the last two games, if our defense shows up, we'll win handily.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
GoTitans72":39serdws said:
Largent80":39serdws said:

Believe It or not, you have a chance in this game. Have you heard about our OL issues? Our all-pro LT is on IR, we have a rook at RT and the guards play is suspect. This has translated to a very poor 3rd down conversion percentage in the last couple of games as well as an inconsistent running game. I notice that Titan D is pretty damn good at getting off the field on 3rd down, so that should play directly into their hands.

Yeah, C-link field is a very tough place to play at, but I doubt angry wide receivers are going to keep blitzes and DL rushers out of Wilson's face. We may experience a marginal improvement in OL play, but I'm pretty sure this game will come down to whose defense plays the better overall game...turnovers and field position being key. The crowd usually helps our D quite a bit, so hopefully our boys will really stand up on Sunday.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't believe I said anything about running up the score. The game has to be played.

What I meant was turning the points left on the field to actual scores.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It's the NFL, strange crap happens and even stranger stuff happens with Seattle, but not at home.

I just don't see a scenario in which the Titans win this game. Some extraordinary crap would have to take place for that to happen.