This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Tennessee Titans

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Well so far we're 2-1 in the "Dreaded Five" 10 am road tests this season. Pretty damn good with two more to go. So we're 4-1 overall and the rest of the season looks a lot less daunting than it did before it started. I'm just happy to be coming home this Sunday, before we have to go back on the road for two more *sigh*. The good news is we get to play 5 of the last 8 at the CLink with a late bye thrown in to heal up and head for the stretch run! I can't wait to get all our missing pieces back on Offense, then we'll be what we all thought we would be... Dominating on BOTH sides of the ball! Imagine our Pro-bowlers back on the O-line, with Miller and Harvin thrown back into the mix! Oh... MY! So forget this road loss and keep your heads up guys, it's gonna get a whole lot better right directly!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Go Titans

http://gotitans.com/goForum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

Titans Report

http://www.titansreport.com/index

"Official" site. Meh.

http://www.titansonline.com/fans/messageboards.html

Football's Future. Another Meh.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=37

If you know of any I missed, please post below.

May you Rest In Peace Les, my friend...
    :les:
    BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• none of those are that great, the Colts and Houston forums were more interesting
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

• Agreed, makes one really appreciate the effort that goes into our boards..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• My train of thought is. They gave the Cheifs a good game and I respect.

However, the Hawks are thinking they left a lot on the field Sunday, and they are at home, and are going to use this game to make their point.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I have a feeling the Titans are going to be facing a pissed off Seahawks squad.

I listened to a Golden Tate interview today... from what he was saying, the team is angry, and wants to take it out on the Titans.

Maybe Im just hoping because I have tickets this Sunday. :)
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• All the Seahawks need to do is do exactly what they did to the Colts but no mental lapses and flip-flop the the 3rd down conversions plus the 12th man and its a blow-out.

I'm actually hoping the Seahawks can run with the score up quick and get depth players some more experience. Rest some starters because the short week vs an unpredictable Arizona team on the road where we have struggled in their house scares me.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• This post from the gotitans board made me laugh:

"we need a qb spy on him. our communication with the crowd noise is going to be key to making adjustments on defense and at the line."

We've known since the early Kingdome days that it's a library when we're on O.
    SeahawksBMX
    NET Rookie

• Not sure how many other fans saw Chris Johnson's first TD run of the year last weekend (although you should have, I saw a highlight of it while watching the Hawks game) - That dude has lost a serious step and apparently most of the suddenness that made him so dangerous just a few years ago - It was a nice run, but I felt bad for him watching it.
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

• Largent80 wrote:My train of thought is. They gave the Cheifs a good game and I respect.

However, the Hawks are thinking they left a lot on the field Sunday, and they are at home, and are going to use this game to make their point.

To make a point? Against a team that lost their starting QB and half of their running game? Lol okay, go ahead and run it up on us. That's not making a point against a down team, it's just being a scumbag. That's all your head coach does anyway.

Our only hope is to get the run game going with CJ1K and Greene. Our defense should play well with Gregg Williams at the helm. Our D and Running game may play well enough to keep us in the game, but Ryan Fitztragic will blow it like he did last week.

I like your board though. I wish GoTitans.com would be a bit more creative with it's appearance. We got a good group of posters over there, come on by if you want to have some discussion. Just ignore the few idiots we have like CJTheBeast, TWW2, and Deuce Wayne. Every forum has their fair share of nutjobs lol.
    Last edited by GoTitans72 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    GoTitans72
    NET Bench Warmer

• GoTitans72 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:My train of thought is. They gave the Cheifs a good game and I respect.

To make a point? Against a team that lost their starting QB and half of their running game? Lol okay, go ahead and run it up on us. That's not making a point against a down team, it's just being a scumbag. That's all your head coach does anyway. Go ahead and be all proud of that fact.

Our only hope is to get the run game going with CJ1K and Greene. Our defense should play well with Gregg Williams at the helm. Our D and Running game may play well enough to keep us in the game, but Ryan Fitztragic will blow it like he did last week.

I like your board though. I wish GoTitans.com would be a bit more creative with it's appearance. We got a good group of posters over there, come on by if you want to have some discussion. Just ignore the few idiots we have like CJTheBeast, TWW2, and Deuce Wayne. Every forum has their fair share of nutjobs lol.

Where was the running up the score? Cardinals literally gave up in that 58-0 game, they weren't even trying to stop 'em anymore, same goes for the Buffalo game last season, the back ups were in early in the 3rd against the Jags this season, where was running up the score?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• GoTitans72 wrote:To make a point? Against a team that lost their starting QB and half of their running game? Lol okay, go ahead and run it up on us. That's not making a point against a down team, it's just being a scumbag. That's all your head coach does anyway.

Woah there lol. It's the NFL, and competition is competition. No one wants to run up the score, but I'm sure every one wants to win handily. Plain and simple that our team and the fans didn't think we should've lost last Sunday, but we did, now there's a fire brewing in the belly of the beast and everyone is feeling they'll bring it on Sunday. Gotta reclaim that #1 spot in the NFC.

GoTitans72 wrote:Our only hope is to get the run game going with CJ1K and Greene. Our defense should play well with Gregg Williams at the helm. Our D and Running game may play well enough to keep us in the game, but Ryan Fitztragic will blow it like he did last week.

Here's to a good game! :thirishdrinkers:
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• GoTitans72 wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:My train of thought is. They gave the Cheifs a good game and I respect.

To make a point? Against a team that lost their starting QB and half of their running game? Lol okay, go ahead and run it up on us. That's not making a point against a down team, it's just being a scumbag. That's all your head coach does anyway.

I was gonna attack this post, but you pulled it around. I'm bummed, as well as the rest of Seattle that Jake's not gonna suit up this weekend. He would have been cheered when he ran out on the field. And you might hate Pete (I don't know why, he just seems like the coolest coach, EVER!) but he doesn't intentionally run the score up. He lets his players play, and if your team can't stop 'em, well, it's not Pete out there catching balls. When we got up on the Jags a couple weeks ago, Pete threw in our second stringers. I wouldn't call that running up the score. I don't get this Pete Carroll hate. He rocks as a total players coach, and gets his guys amped up. Absolutely love him, and I bet you would too if he was your coach.

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• dontbelikethat wrote:Woah there lol. It's the NFL, and competition is competition. No one wants to run up the score, but I'm sure every one wants to win handily. Plain and simple that our team and the fans didn't think we should've lost last Sunday, but we did, now there's a fire brewing in the belly of the beast and everyone is feeling they'll bring it on Sunday. Gotta reclaim that #1 spot in the NFC.

We're in the same position. We blew the game at Houston, and beat ourselves against Kansas City. We feel like we should be 5-0 or at least 4-1. Our team is pissed, fans are pissed, and coaches are pissed. The only difference is you guys will likely be the ones getting to take it out on us.. being a superior team and at home.

I wish we still had Hasselbeck. He's so much better than Fitz lol.. not that he could win up there this weekend. Only Locker would have a chance really. I just hope it's a respectable score.
    GoTitans72
    NET Bench Warmer

• Just took a very brief swing through GoTitans... looks like they're annoyed with NFL officiating and offensive play-calling. Where have I seen that before? :mrgreen:
    Q: “What is your thing?”
    A: “Lay back, kick back, mind my business, stay in my own lane.”
    VivaEfrenHerrera
    NET Veteran

• GoTitans72 wrote:

I don't know how running up the score is being scumbags. You don't like it, take it up with Roger Goodell. The NFL has gone way over to the offensive side of the ball, and passing the ball has more advantages to playing defense. That, and we beat Houston after being down 17 points, we've come back from 20 point deficits. If we can do it, so can someone else.

Being pissed about another team scoring too many points, and calling it anything in a negative light is just fans whining because their team got pasted. The ONLY thing that could be construed as running up the score was when we did that fake point against Buffalo up big, and Pete apologized and said that call was already in and he didn't remember to take it out. Arizona got waxed by our 2nd stringers last year.

This year, we could've kept our starters in to preserve our #1 ranking on defense, and score more points to boost our offensive ranking. Pete doesn't care about this stuff, and it's more important to him to get out of a game healthy and rest your starters if you can.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• GoTitans72 wrote:To make a point? Against a team that lost their starting QB and half of their running game? Lol okay, go ahead and run it up on us. That's not making a point against a down team, it's just being a scumbag. That's all your head coach does anyway.

Yes, I'm sure our defense will show mercy because you guys are starting your 2nd string QB. Seriously?

Btw, thanks for calling our coach a scumbag. I'm sure that will win you a lot of points in future posts.

GoTitans72 wrote:Our only hope is to get the run game going with CJ1K and Greene. Our defense should play well with Gregg Williams at the helm. Our D and Running game may play well enough to keep us in the game, but Ryan Fitztragic will blow it like he did last week.

There's a reason why your offense is ranked 26th in the league, and it has little to do with Fitzpatrick. I checked out your forums and it seems a lot of people think if they had Locker, that they'd have a good chance at winning this game. Three out of the four games Locker started, he had under 150 yards passing. I'm not sure how exactly he'd be the difference maker here.

Good luck on Sunday.
    Mindsink
    NET Rookie

• I'm not sure that they would have a good change at winning with Locker, but it sure would be better than with Fitzpatrick. Their D is pretty good and you can never sleep on CJ, Nate Washington or Kenny Britt. Unlike the last two games, if our defense shows up, we'll win handily.
    20% off Karmaloop & 10% off PLNDR, rep code: DUCK20
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran

• GoTitans72 wrote:

Believe It or not, you have a chance in this game. Have you heard about our OL issues? Our all-pro LT is on IR, we have a rook at RT and the guards play is suspect. This has translated to a very poor 3rd down conversion percentage in the last couple of games as well as an inconsistent running game. I notice that Titan D is pretty damn good at getting off the field on 3rd down, so that should play directly into their hands.

Yeah, C-link field is a very tough place to play at, but I doubt angry wide receivers are going to keep blitzes and DL rushers out of Wilson's face. We may experience a marginal improvement in OL play, but I'm pretty sure this game will come down to whose defense plays the better overall game...turnovers and field position being key. The crowd usually helps our D quite a bit, so hopefully our boys will really stand up on Sunday.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

• I don't believe I said anything about running up the score. The game has to be played.

What I meant was turning the points left on the field to actual scores.

R.I.P. Brother Les, I'll always know you as Pithy Radish.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• It's the NFL, strange crap happens and even stranger stuff happens with Seattle, but not at home.

I just don't see a scenario in which the Titans win this game. Some extraordinary crap would have to take place for that to happen.
    "The life you lose may be your own" - Drunk dude at the bar
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

• Hey, good point. So, GoTitans72, is your defense going to feel sorry for us because both of our starting Tackles are out ? Yea, I'm sure they're going to take it easy on Russell Wilson because he's short and has piss poor protection.

After that, I really hope we thunderstomp the Titans, and I've never had a problem with the Titans. I like Locker, and Hass is one of my all time favorite Hawks. And now I hope we don't stop until blood flows on the field. Until Titans fans mourn for a month after what the Hawks did to their team.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• Hawks46 wrote:Hey, good point. So, GoTitans72, is your defense going to feel sorry for us because both of our starting Tackles are out ? Yea, I'm sure they're going to take it easy on Russell Wilson because he's short and has piss poor protection.

After that, I really hope we thunderstomp the Titans, and I've never had a problem with the Titans. I like Locker, and Hass is one of my all time favorite Hawks. And now I hope we don't stop until blood flows on the field. Until Titans fans mourn for a month after what the Hawks did to their team.

I have never said I expect Seattle to go easy on us. I never want to see that in the NFL: You play to the best of your ability. However, if Pete decides to use this game to "prove a point", that's where I draw the line. First of all, Tennessee is in a slump and Seattle is a far superior team, so it's not proving any point if Seattle blows us out. Seattle may think they are proving a point by beating up on a down team, but they're really not. It's supposed to happen. That's the ignorance that annoys me. You guys also need to stop bringing up the "our team is pissed, they'll play better" excuse. Titans are pissed too.

We won up in Seattle in the 2009 season, but I don't expect us to win this one. Greene will be out, so our running game is too one dimensional. Fitztragic is pathetic, and we're a better team with Kenny Britt on the sidelines. Our D is playing very well though, so I'd expect a fairly low scoring game, and then Seattle might pull away at the end. Or it could be a complete blowout. That's what happens to Tennessee of late.
    GoTitans72
    NET Bench Warmer

• now I hope we don't stop until blood flows on the field. Until Titans fans mourn for a month after what the Hawks did to their team. :white_flag:

Really? Kinda harsh there Hawk46, love your enthusiasm but we don't need to go SUH on the guy! Lets just let the Hawks get the win and move on to Thursday nite. I don't want to see any suspensions !
    had2bhawk
    NET Rookie

• Hey everyone, Titans fan checking in. Can't wait to for Sundays game, should be a good one if our back-up QB can keep from turning the ball over.

If you guys like a fun forum to chat on check out gotitans.com, we've got a good mix of fun, knowledgeable, and just flat out trolls to go at it with.
    JCBRAVE
    NET Bench Warmer

• GoTitans72 wrote:
    Hawks46 wrote:Hey, good point. So, GoTitans72, is your defense going to feel sorry for us because both of our starting Tackles are out ? Yea, I'm sure they're going to take it easy on Russell Wilson because he's short and has piss poor protection.

I have never said I expect Seattle to go easy on us. I never want to see that in the NFL: You play to the best of your ability. However, if Pete decides to use this game to "prove a point", that's where I draw the line. First of all, Tennessee is in a slump and Seattle is a far superior team, so it's not proving any point if Seattle blows us out. Seattle may think they are proving a point by beating up on a down team, but they're really not. It's supposed to happen. That's the ignorance that annoys me. You guys also need to stop bringing up the "our team is pissed, they'll play better" excuse. Titans are pissed too.

We won up in Seattle in the 2009 season, but I don't expect us to win this one. Greene will be out, so our running game is too one dimensional. Fitztragic is pathetic, and we're a better team with Kenny Britt on the sidelines. Our D is playing very well though, so I'd expect a fairly low scoring game, and then Seattle might pull away at the end. Or it could be a complete blowout. That's what happens to Tennessee of late.

"Proving a point" as in how? All Caroll is interested is in a win, period. If Seahawks get a big lead, you're most likely going see the team run out the clock. If the team starts putting in depth players and you still can't stop them from scoring... that's on the Titans being pathetic.

You don't have to worry about Carroll "proving a point"... its the Seahawks players returning home after a tough road trip coming off their first lost of the season. They're the ones on the field, they're the ones who are going to prove a point. Carroll isn't in his lab with Zeus scheming a smackdown on the Titans but the players will bring whatever they want to bring, and leave whatever they want to leave out on the field, if the Seahawks reprise ends up in Seahawks blowout....

You only have the Titans to blame for not matching the intensity , the Colts to blame for winning, the NFL to blame for giving the Seahawks two tough back to back road trips vs the AFC South... don't put it on Carroll, he ultimately just wants a win, i doubt he cares how his team does it even if blowout is the best option. But the players care, most of them are hungry to be at the top of their games, and they will bring it.

Hopefully, your Titans will bring it back or there is no hope for them if the Seahawks are executing well.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• JCBRAVE wrote:Hey everyone, Titans fan checking in. Can't wait to for Sundays game, should be a good one if our back-up QB can keep from turning the ball over.

If you guys like a fun forum to chat on check out gotitans.com, we've got a good mix of fun, knowledgeable, and just flat out trolls to go at it with.

That board moves really slow, a mod has to approve every post? Every time I post there I get a 'waiting to approve' message... I have 2 waiting. :shock:
    So you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain. Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail? A smile from a veil?
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• twisted_steel2 wrote:
    JCBRAVE wrote:Hey everyone, Titans fan checking in. Can't wait to for Sundays game, should be a good one if our back-up QB can keep from turning the ball over.

That board moves really slow, a mod has to approve every post? Every time I post there I get a 'waiting to approve' message... I have 2 waiting. :shock:

I just laughed at them laughing at our site and saying it was outdated - I could care less what they think of our site, but at least in our case, 3/4 of the screen is not wasted. (Seriously, the text on their site only takes up about the middle 1/4 of the screen)
    Chrome_Seahawk
    NET Starter

• That board moves really slow, a mod has to approve every post? Every time I post there I get a 'waiting to approve' message... I have 2 waiting. :shock:[/quote]

I just laughed at them laughing at our site and saying it was outdated - I could care less what they think of our site, but at least in our case, 3/4 of the screen is not wasted. (Seriously, the text on their site only takes up about the middle 1/4 of the screen)[/quote]

Yeah, noticed all that. Not much there to argue with :escape: Kinna just slipped back out!
    had2bhawk
    NET Rookie

• Throwdown wrote:Where was the running up the score? Cardinals literally gave up in that 58-0 game, they weren't even trying to stop 'em anymore, same goes for the Buffalo game last season, the back ups were in early in the 3rd against the Jags this season, where was running up the score?

There's no such thing as running up the score in the NFL. Anyone that thinks different didn't watch the '93 Bills/Oilers wild card game.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

• had2bhawk wrote:

I just laughed at them laughing at our site and saying it was outdated - I could care less what they think of our site, but at least in our case, 3/4 of the screen is not wasted. (Seriously, the text on their site only takes up about the middle 1/4 of the screen)

Yeah, noticed all that. Not much there to argue with :escape: Kinna just slipped back out!

I have yet to see another team's message board that is better than this one. I always run into issues where it takes several days for a moderator to approve a post or the website doesn't allow accounts to be created with free web-based email addresses. It's cause people are too lazy to actually moderate. This board doesn't do that crap and it doesn't appear to have any problems so I'm very grateful.
    "Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force."

- Barbie from Toy Story 3
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

• You guys might have a better background, but I can't stand the layout. Ours is so much cleaner and easier to read. Our moderators only have to approve posts for the first two days. This is to help cutback on spam and it works wonders. The pace of our board is fine, and at least it's not full of ignorant bandwagon fans. I wouldn't have our board any other way.
    GoTitans72
    NET Bench Warmer

• fenderbender123 wrote:
    had2bhawk wrote:

I have yet to see another team's message board that is better than this one. I always run into issues where it takes several days for a moderator to approve a post or the website doesn't allow accounts to be created with free web-based email addresses. It's cause people are too lazy to actually moderate. This board doesn't do that crap and it doesn't appear to have any problems so I'm very grateful.

For overall professional quality, and I'm only talking overall looks, I always give ExtremeSkins.com some props. The only problem there though is that it's the biggest collection of ASSHOLES in the known NFL universe! So that knocks 'em down to my LEAST favorite message board. This here .NET site is awesome because of the dark blue background with white type. It is WAY easier on the eyes than the usual standard of white background with dark type, especially when you're in a dark room. I can't believe it when I hear from fans of other sites saying they hate our format, when theirs is the bright white background that everybody else uses... And theirs usually look amateurish compared to ours. Guess it's just homerism on their part, because setting my own homerism aside and just going on aesthetics, I think it's obvious that our format is far superior. Duh.

Plus, how many ads do you see on this site? None? Very observant of you. There are NONE! Completely self-funded by the users of .NET. That in itself puts us head and shoulders above all the other boards IMHO.

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• Yeah, it's like our own personal leather recliner that we can't wait to get back to!
    had2bhawk
    NET Rookie

• had2bhawk wrote:Yeah, it's like our own personal leather recliner that we can't wait to get back to!

Damn straight! :twisted:

BlueThunder
    *Net Enemy Forum Guy*

• The best strategy to deal with the Seahawks’ boisterous backers is simply “to make plays and stay on the field, move the ball and it will get real quiet,” coach Mike Munchak said.

Smh, he simply doesn't understand. Just wait Munchak.

I wish they would throw quotes like this on the videoboards for the stadium to see.
    cacksman
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information