Football Gameplan's 2013 Seahawks vs Colts Wk 5 Preview

EmDiggy

Reaction score
[youtube]ThaLsTbJRcU[/youtube]

Good morning Hawks fans! Good luck this week!

Em

pehawk

Reaction score
Totally agree on Irvin. He's the factor. In his natural "spinner" position, he becomes a star.

pehawk

Reaction score
Em, I really do appreciate your work. Youre separation is obvious preparation. Example; taking the less-known route and highlighting Irvin's actually strong against the run too. That bucks conventional wisdom, and a lot of football guys would focus solely on his pass rush. And a few would even throw in "Irvin's suspect vs the run" and they'd STILL sound credible, because it's a safe assumption. Much obliged, hefe, for real.

Feel free to tell me to frick off, but I'd really like to see a lab session on how Irvin will be used at OLB. We all lazily assume he'll be in the Clay Mathews role, but I think Irvin has better potential in coverage than Mathews, actually. Irvin's at his natural position now, IMO (and my guess in Pete's opinion), some clarity of what that is would be awesome.

The Radish

Reaction score
Thank you Em, as usual it was great.

I hate it when I can't find anything to argue about in your reports.

:th2thumbs:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Thanks Em. I disagree with you that Seattle can be beat deep, at least with WRs. Short to intermediate routes (5-11 yards) seem to be where those passes go. When the defense got taken last week on the 31 yard TD it was to a TE. Also, our DBs do a great job with rub routes, as evidenced in the SF game.