Seattle favored by 3 over Indy.

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Seattle favored by 3 over Indy.
Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:53 pm
  • http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/la ... /time/1300

I'm now so optimistic with our O-Line injuries and the way Indy is playing right now.
    Hope the odds come true, 5-0 would be an amazing start against 2 very good
    teams on the road.
    MO Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Re: Seattle favored by 3 over Indy.
Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:00 pm
  • 5-0, with a good chance to go 6-0. And then two road games against the cards and rams in prime time, with both teams not looking super impressive and our team being cranked the heck up under the national spotlight once again?

Oh and after that....

our offense gets Percy Harvin.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:26 pm
  • Makes sense, since Seattle has been a pretty hot play. This is a big week coming up, and I can't wait to see what Wilson and Beast do against their defense.

Week 5 record: Hawks 0-0 Colts 0-0. Let's come out of this 1-0 next week.
    Colin Kaepernick wrote:I think our efficiency in the huddle was more of a factor than the crowd.
    C-Dub
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 pm
  • Indy could very well be a better team than Houston but they don't have what Houston has in their front seven. As able as they may be, it'll still be similar to fighting superman without kryptonite.
    BirdsCommaAngry
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:38 pm
  • The Seattle RoadWarrior Seahawks
    Axx
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:43 pm
  • Their defense sure looked formidable against the 9ers. I was impressed by that performance. No gimmies on the road, that's for sure.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:55 pm
  • You mean the Niners that scored 3 against us? Or is there another Niners I haven't heard of? :)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:05 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:5-0, with a good chance to go 6-0. And then two road games against the cards and rams in prime time, with both teams not looking super impressive and our team being cranked the heck up under the national spotlight once again?

Oh and after that....

Yup. Yup. (Indianapolis worries me far more than Houston though). 8-0 isn't a pipedream. Honestly we should be underdogs but Wilson makes us a sexy bet as far as Vegas cares.

Dude is "nails" and the real "Matty Ice". It's the first time in my life that I am a fan of a team and player that I never worry about how far we're behind because Russell Wilson is "nails" at the Joe Montana level.
    Last edited by MizzouHawkGal on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    43-8...it's all about that action boss....
    next man up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:12 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:5-0, with a good chance to go 6-0. And then two road games against the cards and rams in prime time, with both teams not looking super impressive and our team being cranked the heck up under the national spotlight once again?

Oh and after that....

Great post. I'm honestly stoked about this team. The mediocrity over the years is finally over and honestly, it was worth the wait. We're finally one of the best!

Go hawks!
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:15 pm
  • 7-1 should be the worst we are at come week 9
    @INDY is tough
    A titans team that will probably not have locker
    @Arizona who's a bad football team
    @STL who's a really bad football team
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:31 pm
  • Axx wrote:The Seattle RoadWarrior Seahawks

This comment should not go unnoticed. Very nice. :th2thumbs:

That said, the O-line play for most of the game today was not acceptable. That level of play isn't generally going to result in a road win against teams like Houston or Indy.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:39 pm
  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:
    Axx wrote:The Seattle RoadWarrior Seahawks

That said, the O-line play for most of the game today was not acceptable. That level of play isn't generally going to result in a road win against teams like Houston or Indy.

Lynch will have to go over 100 yards for us to be the victor. We will need to "use up" the clock to keep their Offense off the field.
    Bigpumpkin
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:41 pm
  • TeamoftheCentury wrote:

Except that it did. :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist. The fact is that yes, we won ugly. But I choose to think that we won ugly, not that we won ugly.

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:32 pm
  • 27-24
    Seahawks improve to 5-0.

I think the biggest challenge against the Colts will be the fight in the trenches: Seattle's battered D-Line versus Indy's very capable O-Line. Luck is going to have plenty of time to throw, so the Hawks are going to have to contain Reggie Wayne, or it's going to be a long day. Recently acquired RB Trent Richardson is only averaging about 3 YPC, so he's not going to be much of a breakaway run threat, but he will need to be dealt with in the red zone.

All I know is, they can't play against Indy like they did against Houston and expect to win another game on the road.
    Browncoat
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:53 pm
  • how could this be, everyone on the indy board thinks we're gonna get run out of the building and Andrew luck is gonna throw for 350
    davidonmi
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:41 am
  • davidonmi wrote:how could this be, everyone on the indy board thinks we're gonna get run out of the building and Andrew luck is gonna throw for 350

Well they might have one part right. If Matt Slaub can throw for 300+ yds against us, Luck could easily do the same. "Run out of the building" sounds about right, but the question is whether we leave with a W or L.
    HawKnPeppa
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:22 am
  • Colts board has its fair share of homers just like this place. I see many fans over there that don't seem to know a ton about the Seahawks but I see some fans here that don't seem to know that much about the Colts. I think the Vegas line has it about right with Seattle as a slight favorite.
    LotsOfLuck
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:34 am
  • Browncoat wrote:27-24
    Seahawks improve to 5-0.

I think the biggest challenge against the Colts will be the fight in the trenches: Seattle's battered D-Line versus Indy's very capable O-Line. Luck is going to have plenty of time to throw, so the Hawks are going to have to contain Reggie Wayne, or it's going to be a long day. Recently acquired RB Trent Richardson is only averaging about 3 YPC, so he's not going to be much of a breakaway run threat, but he will need to be dealt with in the red zone.

All I know is, they can't play against Indy like they did against Houston and expect to win another game on the road.

I doubt Luck will have plenty of time to throw. Seattle's D managed four sacks, six tackles for loss, and 12 QB hits yesterday. Adding Bruce to the mix next week bolsters it.

Luck has underrated athleticism. Can't let him scramble and pick up those demoralizing first downs and, heaven forbid, rushing TDs. Need to hit him early and often. And HARD of course :D
    Formerly known as Seahawk425.
    CodeWarrior
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:26 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    TeamoftheCentury wrote:

Except that it did. :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist. The fact is that yes, we won ugly. But I choose to think that we won ugly, not that we won ugly.

Huh? I said it will not "generally result" in a win... not that there will not be an exception. Meaning, the line needs to work this week to fix some things. This game the team found a way to win in spite of mistakes they willingly admit... most of those having to due with the O-line. I watched the game, too. I know the Seahawks won.

Too (and sorry, I can't resist ;) , I don't think it was at all "ugly")... I think this win was a thing of beauty! Even though it was frustrating to see the team struggling for most of the game, I LOVED how this went down. It showed the true mettle of this team. PC said it took grit to pull out this game when it seemed to be heading for a loss.

Hope that clarifies.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:11 pm
  • I would be inclined to give the Colts the edge except I have seen this team fight back too many times to believe they won't be in it at the end.

I have watched Seahawk football since their expansion and none of them compare with this one with respect to comeback mentality. Two scores down to the Patriots in the fourth quarter and they win. Two score down to Washington in the fourth quarter and they win. Two scores down to Atlanta in the fourth quarter and they take the lead with 35 seconds remaining. Two scores down to Texas in the fourth quarter and they come back to win.

The common themes to all of these games is that their opponents were playoff caliber teams, the Seattle defense raised the intensity level in the second half, and Russell Wilson made one clutch play after another.

Folks that don't watch Russell look at his stat line and wonder what the deal is. The deal is that he is magical when faced with insurmountable odds. Simply clutch. He just gets better with the game on the line.
    Mick063
    NET Rookie

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:34 pm
  • HawKnPeppa wrote:
    davidonmi wrote:how could this be, everyone on the indy board thinks we're gonna get run out of the building and Andrew luck is gonna throw for 350

Well they might have one part right. If Matt Slaub can throw for 300+ yds against us, Luck could easily do the same. "Run out of the building" sounds about right, but the question is whether we leave with a W or L.

I think if Luck has to throw for over 300 yards then that is because we are behind and playing catch up. The Colts want to run the ball. Luck took a beating last year because Arians wanted to throw bombs every play and they couldn't run the ball.

The key to this game is whether or not the Colts can run the ball. The health of Ahmad Bradshaw will be huge. If the Colts can establish some kind of running game they will have a good chance to win, if not then we are in trouble. Reggie Wayne is a stud and can get open on anybody, but I don't want to get into a situation where we have to throw a lot to win against Browner and Sherman with Irvin coming off the edge.
    peytonmanning18
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:59 pm
  • Expecting to not lose a game at some point leads to disappointment in the NFL. I could see this being the road game it happens. But I selfishly would rather it be a different game. I want Russell Wilson to outshine Luck. I want Wilson to be the qb out of last years awesome qb class who beat the other two. Because they were "so much better" than him....go get em Russ.
    Shadyhawk182
    NET Starter

Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:43 am
  • Shadyhawk182 wrote:Expecting to not lose a game at some point leads to disappointment in the NFL. I could see this being the road game it happens. But I selfishly would rather it be a different game. I want Russell Wilson to outshine Luck. I want Wilson to be the qb out of last years awesome qb class who beat the other two. Because they were "so much better" than him....go get em Russ.

Well, you know its in his head.

:)

sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:06 am
  • I know this sounds absurd, but I think this might be our toughest game left this season*. Indy is not the same team they were last year. They are a legit top 10, maybe top 5 team, and it's a 10 am pacific start. Luck isn't a megastar, but he's growing, and he's still Mr. clutch.

We also might be without Bennett in this game, and our OL situation is uncertain. We will be hamstrung on a few fronts, whereas Indy is full strength. Huge win if we get it. If I was Vegas, I would call this game even money, maybe even give the Colts a point or two.

*Our road divisional games don't worry me much, Atlanta looks very beatable (Wilson is perfect in revenge games, too), and the Saints will be in our stadium with Seattle having an extra week to heal and prepare (I think the bye-week curse is just small sample size noise and isn't real).
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:04 am
  • kearly wrote:I know this sounds absurd, but I think this might be our toughest game left this season*. Indy is not the same team they were last year. They are a legit top 10, maybe top 5 team, and it's a 10 am pacific start. Luck isn't a megastar, but he's growing, and he's still Mr. clutch.

We also might be without Bennett in this game, and our OL situation is uncertain. We will be hamstrung on a few fronts, whereas Indy is full strength. Huge win if we get it. If I was Vegas, I would call this game even money, maybe even give the Colts a point or two.

*Our road divisional games don't worry me much, Atlanta looks very beatable (Wilson is perfect in revenge games, too), and the Saints will be in our stadium with Seattle having an extra week to heal and prepare (I think the bye-week curse is just small sample size noise and isn't real).

Doesn't sound absurd. It might be, as you put it. After the win at Houston, I thought the same thing going forward considering the rest of the schedule... at this point in the season. However, teams can get hot. I sure would love to be playing @ the NYG this coming weekend and @ Indy later in the season. Indy is playing well and they will be a tough opponent. I agree that the Hawks are not at full strength. Here's hoping that Bruce Irvin has a bunch of pent up energy to unleash. The defense already tilts the field in the Hawks favor. Adding another speed rusher with increased motivation has me a bit excited to see how that plays out.

Go Hawks.
    World Champion
    Seattle Seahawks
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:15 am
  • The only team i can even fathom seeing putting 30+ on us is NO, and that aint happening. How those indy fans are predicting 30+ points against us is unrealistic. I just don't see Indy being the threat that Houston was, maybe i'm missing something here. I think they have a very solid offense and defense, but nothing that makes you step back and say, whoa.......

I think it'll be a tough battle, but i firmly believe Seattle is the better team accross the board... We'll see come Sunday, then after the win we get to kick back and watch SF struggle with JJ and company, can't wait...

Sea - 23
    Indy - 17

Hawker84 - 4-0 on the season
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information