Seattle favored by 3 over Indy.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
5-0, with a good chance to go 6-0. And then two road games against the cards and rams in prime time, with both teams not looking super impressive and our team being cranked the heck up under the national spotlight once again?

Oh and after that....

our offense gets Percy Harvin.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Makes sense, since Seattle has been a pretty hot play. This is a big week coming up, and I can't wait to see what Wilson and Beast do against their defense.

Week 5 record: Hawks 0-0 Colts 0-0. Let's come out of this 1-0 next week.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Indy could very well be a better team than Houston but they don't have what Houston has in their front seven. As able as they may be, it'll still be similar to fighting superman without kryptonite.

Axx

Reaction score
The Seattle RoadWarrior Seahawks

sutz

Reaction score
You mean the Niners that scored 3 against us? Or is there another Niners I haven't heard of? :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawknballs":siq08opx said:
5-0, with a good chance to go 6-0. And then two road games against the cards and rams in prime time, with both teams not looking super impressive and our team being cranked the heck up under the national spotlight once again?

Oh and after that....

Yup. Yup. (Indianapolis worries me far more than Houston though). 8-0 isn't a pipedream. Honestly we should be underdogs but Wilson makes us a sexy bet as far as Vegas cares.

Dude is "nails" and the real "Matty Ice". It's the first time in my life that I am a fan of a team and player that I never worry about how far we're behind because Russell Wilson is "nails" at the Joe Montana level.

Decimation

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3l1ul0fp said:

Oh and after that....

Great post. I'm honestly stoked about this team. The mediocrity over the years is finally over and honestly, it was worth the wait. We're finally one of the best!

Go hawks!

davidonmi

Reaction score
7-1 should be the worst we are at come week 9
@INDY is tough
A titans team that will probably not have locker
@Arizona who's a bad football team
@STL who's a really bad football team

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Axx":1fgmnyb9 said:
This comment should not go unnoticed. Very nice. :th2thumbs:

That said, the O-line play for most of the game today was not acceptable. That level of play isn't generally going to result in a road win against teams like Houston or Indy.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":sbiu1xm1 said:
Axx":sbiu1xm1 said:

That said, the O-line play for most of the game today was not acceptable. That level of play isn't generally going to result in a road win against teams like Houston or Indy.

Lynch will have to go over 100 yards for us to be the victor. We will need to "use up" the clock to keep their Offense off the field.

sutz

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":178queus said:
Axx":178queus said:

Except that it did. :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist. The fact is that yes, we won ugly. But I choose to think that we won ugly, not that we won ugly.

Browncoat

Reaction score
27-24
Seahawks improve to 5-0.

I think the biggest challenge against the Colts will be the fight in the trenches: Seattle's battered D-Line versus Indy's very capable O-Line. Luck is going to have plenty of time to throw, so the Hawks are going to have to contain Reggie Wayne, or it's going to be a long day. Recently acquired RB Trent Richardson is only averaging about 3 YPC, so he's not going to be much of a breakaway run threat, but he will need to be dealt with in the red zone.

All I know is, they can't play against Indy like they did against Houston and expect to win another game on the road.

davidonmi

Reaction score
how could this be, everyone on the indy board thinks we're gonna get run out of the building and Andrew luck is gonna throw for 350

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
davidonmi":3if27dt4 said:
how could this be, everyone on the indy board thinks we're gonna get run out of the building and Andrew luck is gonna throw for 350

Well they might have one part right. If Matt Slaub can throw for 300+ yds against us, Luck could easily do the same. "Run out of the building" sounds about right, but the question is whether we leave with a W or L.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
Colts board has its fair share of homers just like this place. I see many fans over there that don't seem to know a ton about the Seahawks but I see some fans here that don't seem to know that much about the Colts. I think the Vegas line has it about right with Seattle as a slight favorite.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Browncoat":2pdbqnnp said:
27-24
Seahawks improve to 5-0.

I think the biggest challenge against the Colts will be the fight in the trenches: Seattle's battered D-Line versus Indy's very capable O-Line. Luck is going to have plenty of time to throw, so the Hawks are going to have to contain Reggie Wayne, or it's going to be a long day. Recently acquired RB Trent Richardson is only averaging about 3 YPC, so he's not going to be much of a breakaway run threat, but he will need to be dealt with in the red zone.

All I know is, they can't play against Indy like they did against Houston and expect to win another game on the road.

I doubt Luck will have plenty of time to throw. Seattle's D managed four sacks, six tackles for loss, and 12 QB hits yesterday. Adding Bruce to the mix next week bolsters it.

Luck has underrated athleticism. Can't let him scramble and pick up those demoralizing first downs and, heaven forbid, rushing TDs. Need to hit him early and often. And HARD of course :D

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
sutz":2cbftmdm said:
TeamoftheCentury":2cbftmdm said:
Axx":2cbftmdm said:

Except that it did. :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist. The fact is that yes, we won ugly. But I choose to think that we won ugly, not that we won ugly.
Huh? I said it will not "generally result" in a win... not that there will not be an exception. Meaning, the line needs to work this week to fix some things. This game the team found a way to win in spite of mistakes they willingly admit... most of those having to due with the O-line. I watched the game, too. I know the Seahawks won.

Too (and sorry, I can't resist ;) , I don't think it was at all "ugly")... I think this win was a thing of beauty! Even though it was frustrating to see the team struggling for most of the game, I LOVED how this went down. It showed the true mettle of this team. PC said it took grit to pull out this game when it seemed to be heading for a loss.

Hope that clarifies.

Mick063

Reaction score
I would be inclined to give the Colts the edge except I have seen this team fight back too many times to believe they won't be in it at the end.

I have watched Seahawk football since their expansion and none of them compare with this one with respect to comeback mentality. Two scores down to the Patriots in the fourth quarter and they win. Two score down to Washington in the fourth quarter and they win. Two scores down to Atlanta in the fourth quarter and they take the lead with 35 seconds remaining. Two scores down to Texas in the fourth quarter and they come back to win.

The common themes to all of these games is that their opponents were playoff caliber teams, the Seattle defense raised the intensity level in the second half, and Russell Wilson made one clutch play after another.

Folks that don't watch Russell look at his stat line and wonder what the deal is. The deal is that he is magical when faced with insurmountable odds. Simply clutch. He just gets better with the game on the line.