Israeli fan looking for a gameday favor

roiyair

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm finally coming to watch the Hawks play tomorrow!
I live in Israel, but for the past month I've been backpacking in Alaska and my flight from Fairbanks lands around 7am...
I'm staying out of town, and it would be a really big help if I could drop my backpack in your car and pick it up after the game. I could meet you wherever you want for a pre-game beer or at the stadium.
If you know of some other option let me know please :)
Thanks in advance.
Roi

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Time and time again over the past few years when I am traveling with a backpack, the good staff at Temple Billiards have gladly held my backpack in the closet/office behind the bar while I attend the game. They will do the same for you and you can reward them by having a drink or two pre game while you fraternize with the motley group of .Netters who do their pre gaming there.

HawkWow

Reaction score
With all respect, I think you're going to have a difficult time with this. Something about Al Qaeda, Al Shabaab that makes this sound very off-putting. Not being a wiseass, just think you should consider other options before it's too late.

Don't the bus depots have lockers that can be rented? Perhaps that.

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":2rk2h6a8 said:
With all respect, I think you're going to have a difficult time with this. Something about Al Qaeda, Al Shabaab that makes this sound very off-putting. Not being a wiseass, just think you should consider other options before it's too late.

Something tells me if the word "israeli" wasnt mentioned, you would never have made that post.

Sigh..

HawkWow

Reaction score
KitsapHawk":3q8mq1vs said:
HawkWow":3q8mq1vs said:

Something tells me if the word "israeli" wasnt mentioned, you would never have made that post.

Sigh..

You'd be correct.

Though anyone contemplating storing a strangers belongings, at a major sporting event, should exersize caution whether the person spoke with a mid-eastern accent or hailed from Oregon. Don't you think?

BTW...as you see in my post, I was trying to be helpful. What were you trying to do with yours?

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HawkWow":2e15wzv6 said:
KitsapHawk":2e15wzv6 said:
HawkWow":2e15wzv6 said:

Sigh..

You'd be correct.

Though anyone contemplating storing a strangers belongings, at a major sporting event, should exersize caution whether the person spoke with a mid-eastern accent or hailed from Oregon. Don't you think?

BTW...as you see in my post, I was trying to be helpful. What were you trying to do with yours?

Yeah, but as you can see, it may come off as a bit offensive even though you weren't intending it to be.

To the OP, wish I could help you if I could, but there's already some decent advice. Free bump.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Wish I could help! I apologize for the ignorance of others. Hope you had an awesome time in Alaska.

Go hawks!

birdman5

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1kycckki said:
Wish I could help! I apologize for the ignorance of others. Hope you had an awesome time in Alaska.

Go hawks!
I'd like to second that Roi.

Riley12

Reaction score
Okay, forget all of the above posts, except the great advice from bfs and the apologies.

I would be HAPPY to meet up with you, fellow Seahawk fan, and let you store your backpack in my car for safekeeping.
The only caveat is that I like to park in the International District but, since you are a backpacker, you won't mind the
relatively short walk.

I plan to be down there at 8AM, head to the Triangle Pub,

http://trianglepub.com/

and meet up with (hopefully, a couple of other .netters). I can stay there until you show up and we can go drop off your bag.

After the game, I am meeting up with yet another .netter so that I can drive him and his grandson back to his car. You
can walk with us and pick it up then.

OP
OP
roiyair

roiyair

Reaction score
I'm a blue eyed brunette baby face! no bombs in my pack!
No offense taken...Thanks for moving this to the main forum. If no other solution is found I'd definitely try the temple - how close to the stadium is it?
And I hope I don't have an accent anymore..Been trying pretty hard and I think I'm doing alright ;-)

Edit: Just saw your post Riley! Thank you this sounds awesome! PMing you right now...

HawkWow

Reaction score
roiyair":1eqy24i0 said:
I'm a blue eyed brunette baby face! no bombs in my pack!
No offense taken...Thanks for moving this to the main forum. If no other solution is found I'd definitely try the temple - how close to the stadium is it?
And I hope I don't have an accent anymore..Been trying pretty hard and I think I'm doing alright ;-)

Edit: Just saw your post Riley! Thank you this sounds awesome! PMing you right now...

Good luck bro and I knew you were not offended. You never said you were Israeli to begin with and your writing showed English to be your native language. I was just attempting to point something out to you.

I hope you have a great time at the game and be careful around PC Americans that seldom even hold passports, yet think they have the answers to the world's problems. Go Hawks!

Riley12

Reaction score
I actually barely read your post. Ha!

I just wanted to help the guy out, and add to the hub-bub in the thread.

Sorry, I shouldn't have "sounded" so serious!

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
You're in good hands here with folks setting you up with what you need.

I am interested in where you are from in Isreal. I would love to sojourn one day to the Holy Land.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Holy Christ, HawkWow...

Worst case scenario: "Here kind bartender, take a look in the bag, nothing to worry about."

Also, doesn't King Street Station (literally across the street from the stadium, it's the train station) have pay lockers?

Teqneek

Reaction score
Amtrak, Greyhound etc removed lockers etc after Sept 11th. I found this out the hard way taking a Backpack on the bus down to NC For the game.

OP
OP
roiyair

roiyair

Reaction score
HPSHawk, I'm from a small city in the center of Israel called Ra'anana. About 20 minutes by car from the big city Tel Aviv. I think it's a great place to travel to and you're always welcome to hit me with a pm if you've got any question or need any advice.

HawkWow

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3au4wlot said:
Holy Christ, HawkWow...

Worst case scenario: "Here kind bartender, take a look in the bag, nothing to worry about."

Also, doesn't King Street Station (literally across the street from the stadium, it's the train station) have pay lockers?

The OPs question was (basically) "I am from Israel, Can I put my backpack in your car". The following was my reply that has the PC masses, apparently yourself included, in such a petulant frenzy. :

I am LMAO at this fabricated sensitivity. How many before my post said "hell yeah, put your stuff in my car"!?

I didn't think anyone would, or even should, so offered another option so this (un-offended) world traveler would not risk missing the game. BFS kindly suggested the bar as I was typing my post...or I wouldn't have felt it necessary to offer another option at all.

The good news? Without the faux uproar, this person may still be looking for help. Another good deed. My work is done.