Jaguar Fan I come in peace

Jag4life00

Reaction score
Hey Seattle Fans, I come in peace! Just wanted to stop in and say hi, really shouldn't be much of a game in all honesty, we're in another rebuild year, again.

Congrats on the big win over the 49ers, you guys looked sharp. can't really think of anything that would make this game competitive other then the Seahawks just not showing up.

Few bright spots on the Jaguars roster our rookie safety looks legit Cyprien #37 our rookie right tackle Luke is going through some growing pains so I expect plenty of sacks, up the middle our line is bad.

MJD doesn't look the same post injury, hopefully he can get things going but I'd be surprised if it was this week, he might not even play this week?

QB well........

Good luck enjoy the game, always nice to meet and great fans from other teams, so long as you're not the tacks or clots.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wow, that makes me feel sorry for you. Buck up, and hopefully Bradley will have you competing in a couple years. He probably learned a fair bit watching Pete Carroll do a very successful rebuild here.

Welcome to the site, enjoy your stay. Hopefully you guys escape Seattle with no further injuries.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Rooting for you guys this year, though not this weekend ;) . Big Gus Bradley fan.

drrew

Reaction score
Has Winston Guy broken into your two deeps yet?

Physically he's got all of the makings of a very good SS. Mentally he's got all the makings of a very poor SS.

Even if he never puts it all together on D, he has the physical attributes to be a special teams terror and I'm hopeful he can carve out a career for himself.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, our greatest danger is complacency, something the fans will do, but I'm pretty sure the team won't.

I'm hoping Bradley has a successful career with you guys. I like the guy, and I think he's a good coach-some opinions around here notwithstanding. ;)

As Seahawk fans, we understand the whole 'rebuilding' thing. It's what we did for most of the 90's. :229031_shrug:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I have a feeling our game is just going to be a low-scoring snoozer. No offense to Jacksonville, as Seattle fans we'd like to see Gus do well. But they just don't have many if any weapons. Great QB's fail in Seattle. Bad QB's can only prey they have a running game at all. I hate to be overly confident but I just don't see a competitive game. However I think Seattle will be trying to just get the W and get out injury free so I see a super conservative boring game plan coming our way to shorten the game.

All that being said it'll be fun to see a battle of the most drastically revised uniforms. So there's that.

Happy

Reaction score
Heya Jag4life, welcome to .net

I lived in Jax from '98 to July of this year. My office was over in Riverside. Jack Del Rio lived down the street from me in Atlantic beach his last year in town, used to see him and his boy out fishing. Real nice man, nice family.

Shad will get that team sorted out. I think the new GM will do a good job of building a competitive roster. This year is gonna be bad though.

Best wishes,

-s

Vetamur

Reaction score
man...Im sure many of us here remember being in that situation. A lot of Seahawk history was spent just hoping the other team didn't show up. For years I coped by focusing on my favorite players and his particular stats. Of course I wanted the Seahawks to win, but assuming they couldn't I just wanted Kennedy to get his tackles or Blades to get his yards...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Welcome to .net. Stick around; have some laughs. I think we'll try to make the talk about the Jaguars at least generally amusing. It's the least we can do for you, really.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Welcome. I hope the Jaguars and Gus Bradley do well this year; just not this weekend ;).

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Is Will Blackmon hurt, or is he playing at CB for you guys?

Re: The Jags game, if MJD doesn't play, that's him and Justin Blackmon both out. Who is the backup to MJD? Rashad Jennings is a Raider now.

Cecil Shorts vs. TLOB should not end well for Shorts, though I like him a lot as a player.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Jags are 2nd worse in the league against the run. I smell a big day for The Beast and Turbo.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I used to like following the Jags in the early days. Brunell/Jimmy Smith/Fred Taylor. Exciting team. Gus will bring a similar rebuild style to what we saw here I am sure. Huge offseason roster churns and filling with their own guys.

sutz

Reaction score
mistaowen":3iq7sx9s said:
I used to like following the Jags in the early days. Brunell/Jimmy Smith/Fred Taylor. Exciting team. Gus will bring a similar rebuild style to what we saw here I am sure. Huge offseason roster churns and filling with their own guys.
Yeah, I expect Brad to be sniping our players in the offseason. Oh, wait, he already started. :)

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yeah Gus is a Monte/Pete protege and seems like a good guy. I'm pulling for him to succeed in Jax.

I should probably warn you that Pete LOVES competing against his friends.