I will be attending the game on Sunday night

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • it is my first visit to C-Link and I have a question. Since I have been a die-hard Bears fans since I was knee high to a garbage can, I am going to wear my authentic, throwback Jim McMahon jersey. Can someone who has been to the Link advise as to how this will "go over" with the 12th man. Should I expect to have anything thrown at me, or to get razzed by Seattle fans for wearing the Jim McMahon Bears jersey, or will they be cool with it? Just curious, since I don't know how your fans react to someone wearing a different team's jersey. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks.
    The 46 Defense shall set you free.
    BuddyRyans46
    NET Rookie

• I doubt anyone will say anything about it unless you come across another Bears fan. There will be plenty of other things taking our attention.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• People will probably think "Why the hell is this guy wearing a McMahon Bears jersey?"

That's about it.
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• You will will fine.

We always laugh at people like you that go to a game and wear some Jersey that has nothing to do with the game. Usually those people just want attention or conflict. IE: those people that wear steeler or cowboy jerseys to Hawks games when neither team is playing.

Nobody will bother you but you will look like one of those guys none the less.
    Tech Worlds
    * Capt'n Dom *
    * Capt'n Dom *

• I personally loved Jim, and think fondly of the 85 Bears. I really really doubt there will be any problems, as everyone will be focused on the task at hand of taking down the evil empire and their douchey sith lords. However cheer for the good guys!
    It's about damn time TEZ is in the HOF
    tacomahawk
    NET Starter

• BuddyRyans46 wrote:it is my first visit to C-Link and I have a question. Since I have been a die-hard Bears fans since I was knee high to a garbage can, I am going to wear my authentic, throwback Jim McMahon jersey. Can someone who has been to the Link advise as to how this will "go over" with the 12th man. Should I expect to have anything thrown at me, or to get razzed by Seattle fans for wearing the Jim McMahon Bears jersey, or will they be cool with it? Just curious, since I don't know how your fans react to someone wearing a different team's jersey. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Not sure how or why you got your tickets to THIS game. I'll take them off your hands and buy you tix to next weeks game versus the Jaguars... ;)
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

• You shouldn't be bothered, but don't be that guy. ;)

Wear a jersey of one of the teams that are playing, or don't wear one at all.

And certainly don't a jersey from another sport.
    And this post is not directed at anyone personally.
    DTexHawk
    NET Veteran

• BuddyRyans46 wrote:it is my first visit to C-Link and I have a question. Since I have been a die-hard Bears fans since I was knee high to a garbage can, I am going to wear my authentic, throwback Jim McMahon jersey. Can someone who has been to the Link advise as to how this will "go over" with the 12th man. Should I expect to have anything thrown at me, or to get razzed by Seattle fans for wearing the Jim McMahon Bears jersey, or will they be cool with it? Just curious, since I don't know how your fans react to someone wearing a different team's jersey. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm curious as to what your motivation is for wearing a Bears jerssey to a Hawks/Niners game? I've often wondered why people do this in general.
    12thMan1
    NET Veteran

• Congrats on being "that guy"
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• can you please explain what you guys mean by "congrats on being THAT guy"???? I thought that "THAT GUY" was the guy who wore the OPPOSING TEAM's uniform in a big game, just looking to stir sh*t up or get into a fight. Why would wearing a Bears jersey make me "THAT guy?"
    BuddyRyans46
    NET Rookie

• Sell your ticket to a Seahawks fan. We're going for a world record. No time for this "neutral fan" business.

:P
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

• Are you CIA undercover?
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• I think you will just get a lot of confused looks and maybe a few comments thrown your way like, "Hey, you're at the wrong game". Stuff like that.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• People will ridicule you for being a tool and maybe poor beer on you but that is it.
    BoatsAndHose
    NET Practice Squad

• okay, HawksFan72. Thanks, I appreciate it.
    BuddyRyans46
    NET Rookie

• People will ridicule you for being a tool and maybe poor beer on you but that is it.
    BoatsAndHose
    NET Practice Squad

• Because you will look like a dumbass.
    If your not there to support either team why show it?
    I wonder if that would be considered "Trolling"?
    Chapman
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• I too carry a particular disdain for guys wearing a team jersey other than the teams playing.. to each their own

Where can I find Seahawks98.com???
    Barthawk
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*
    *Bacon Eating Crusader*

• BuddyRyans46 wrote:can you please explain what you guys mean by "congrats on being THAT guy"???? I thought that "THAT GUY" was the guy who wore the OPPOSING TEAM's uniform in a big game, just looking to stir sh*t up or get into a fight. Why would wearing a Bears jersey make me "THAT guy?"

Nobody will do much more to you then something along the lines "Hey, you're at the wrong game/Bears aren't playing here tool, yuk yuk yuk"

But it's also my anecdotal experience that the people who wear a jersey of a team not playing to a game are typically loud and obnoxious about said team and are there to get attention.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

• Tech Worlds wrote:You will will fine.

We always laugh at people like you that go to a game and wear some Jersey that has nothing to do with the game. Usually those people just want attention or conflict. IE: those people that wear steeler or cowboy jerseys to Hawks games when neither team is playing.

Nobody will bother you but you will look like one of those guys none the less.

This...I always laugh at guys like that. Saw some NO and Steelers jerseys last year
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Yeah, you might get some comments, but it's unlikely anyone will start anything. If you were wearing a Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys jersey, you might get more grief. There's an Eagles fan in our section, season ticket holder, loves the Eagles, lives here, Seahawks are his #2, we're all cool with it, whatever.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

• As far as I'm concerned, I would just be meh about it and wonder why you're there. There will be entirely too many Niner fans there as it is and that pisses me off. If you're going to go, wear Hawks gear, be a 12 for one game. You'll feel the brotherhood and be glad for it.
    Downright thuggish.
    Blitzfan
    * NET Alumni *

• I could see it if we were playing the Vikings or Packers. But to THIS game? :smh:
    "Make good teams look bad and make bad teams look terrible!" -Michael Robinson
    BlueTalons
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:24 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information