Good article from Deadspin on the record attempt

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • It is not going to be easy guys. Why aren't the Hawks going to participate? The article makes it sound like the Hawks organization isn't supporting the record attempt. Is that true? They aren't going to help organize the attempt by utilizing the scoreboard to rally/focus the crowd while "Volume 12" is trying to set the record? I assumed that they were fully on board, but the article implies that the organization couldn't care less about this record. Seems like the Turkish soccer club's fans were aided by their organization.

http://deadspin.com/seahawks-fans-will- ... 1300833145
    The 46 Defense shall set you free.
    BuddyRyans46
    NET Rookie

• This has nothing to do with the team, this is a fan thing. We will not be coached on when to yell, such as 1,2 , 3 scream, it will be natural... I'm sure the team supports it, but will not be participating in the actual attempt
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

• Whether we win or not will depend on where they take the measurement.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

• SmokinHawk wrote:Whether we win or not will depend on where they take the measurement.

Smokin'Hawk, what do you mean by that? Can you please explain. This Sunday will be my first visit to C-Link, so I am unfamiliar with the acoustics.
    The 46 Defense shall set you free.
    BuddyRyans46
    NET Rookie

• Im sure the beast quake could beat that record
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• BuddyRyans46 wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:Whether we win or not will depend on where they take the measurement.

Smokin'Hawk, what do you mean by that? Can you please explain. This Sunday will be my first visit to C-Link, so I am unfamiliar with the acoustics.

The sound bounces off the concave ceiling which bounces back onto the field.
    Axx
    NET Veteran

• If Kaep throws a pick six to Sherman that record is instantly toast
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• Have you seen the video of the Turkish soccer fans setting the record?

If we fail to beat it, the only explanation would be the recording of crowd noise in Turkey was not accurate. Because that crowd was a joke. I've been to many NFL stadiums and most are a lot louder than this:

HansGruber
    NET Veteran

• The only thing I could see which might be cool is if the scoreboard had a bar meter that rose with the volume. We had one in college (using bulbs) which just added to the fervor to reach the red light at the top. Course it was a little silly, as ours was just some dude turning a dial to make it go up, but it was still fun to a bunch of drunk college kids.
    lobohawk
    NET Rookie

• HansGruber wrote:Have you seen the video of the Turkish soccer fans setting the record?

If we fail to beat it, the only explanation would be the recording of crowd noise in Turkey was not accurate. Because that crowd was a joke. I've been to many NFL stadiums and most are a lot louder than this:

That's because you're in the stadium and not watching a video on youtube.

Beastquake doesn't sound that loud when you watch it on youtube either.
    themunn
    NET Veteran

• lobohawk wrote:The only thing I could see which might be cool is if the scoreboard had a bar meter that rose with the volume. We had one in college (using bulbs) which just added to the fervor to reach the red light at the top. Course it was a little silly, as ours was just some dude turning a dial to make it go up, but it was still fun to a bunch of drunk college kids.

They've done this at the Clink in the past, frankly it's lame, as you note, it's not accurate, it's not a meter, and just stupid. 12s don't like it, it's a distraction.
    BocciHawk
    NET Veteran

• I can hear it already:

"False start, San Francisco, 10 yard penalty, repeat second down."

"Delay of game, offense, number 7"

So let it be written, so let it be done!! :les:
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• The "10 yd penalty" you mention. Typo or reference to the ineptitude of the officials?
    Having your views challenged is a lot more healthy than simply jabbering on with people who think exactly the same way as you.
    HawkWow
    NET Veteran

• HawkWow wrote:The "10 yd penalty" you mention. Typo or reference to the ineptitude of the officials?

5 yards, that is. I'm used to hearing the 10 yard holding penalties we've been getting. :)

Hope that's not an issue for us this weekend.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• 132 dbA is going to be difficult, nearly impossible. I've measured it from my seats several times and never seen it above 124 dbA, even the Saints playoff game.
    I don't believe a Turkish soccer stadium actually hit 132. No way in hell.
    But I'll have fun trying to help get it there.
    TyrantHawk
    NET Rookie

• Sounds to me like it'll be an actual "gimmick" in the game, maybe even between plays, like those stupid races or something. I could be wrong, but it doesn't sound like they're just going to take random samplings of crowd noise throughout and see if it breaks the record.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * Natural Rubbing Action *

• People need to know when they are measuring. I think when the Legion of BOOM comes out would be a good time.
    Kixkahn
    NET Veteran

• This whole thing is stupid and most fans won't care or try. I'm saving my voice for when it matters.
    * NET Staff *

• article unreadable due to stupid pop up ad.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

• TyrantHawk wrote:132 dbA is going to be difficult, nearly impossible. I've measured it from my seats several times and never seen it above 124 dbA, even the Saints playoff game.
    I don't believe a Turkish soccer stadium actually hit 132. No way in hell.
    But I'll have fun trying to help get it there.

I have to agree here. Every 3DB is essentially double the volume.
    "God Bless Russell Wilson"
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information