Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post subject: Why was KJ moved to the other side?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:25 am 
NET Starter

So why was he moved from the strong side to the weak side? He had been playing at a high level and would have mastered the position this year. But he was moved to the other side. What am i missing here?

Post subject: Re: Why was KJ moved to the other side?
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:19 am 
NET Practice Squad

I was thinking the same thing, but I think because they plan on putting Bruce there they wanted to get KJ started there so he is well accumulated by playoffs.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:37 am 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Ya, I haven't been pleased with the change, but, well.... we'll see.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:39 am 
NET Veteran

The weak side linebacker in this defense needs to be able to make plays quickly. Ideally, it should be a sub 4.5 linebacker. KJ doesn't have that kind of speed, but he does have incredible instincts and length which make up for that.

It needs to be a reliable, assignment correct player to man that position as they are often the unblocked player who needs to be the one to make the play. KJ is an outstanding tackler and has the firmest grasp on the LB assignments between him and Irvin.

Bruce probably isn't even a year away from being the Will. He's got the physical tools to excel but his learning curve is massive right now.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:44 am 
* NET Eeyore *

The change seemed odd to me as well. KJ was playing lights out at his old position.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:45 am 
NET Veteran

Jazzhawk wrote:
Ya, I haven't been pleased with the change, but, well.... we'll see.

It's predicated on Irvin coming back from suspension and playing SAM. They're trying to maximize the talent they have on the field at any one time. The feel the best way to do that is having a LB core of Wright, Irvin and Wagner coupled with the base defensive line and the additions of Avril and Bennett.

Loading up on the stong-side is a way to tempt the offense into running towards the weak-side. You can infer they like KJ in this role.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]