Will the 12s Set A New Sports Stadium Record?

GOSeahawks

Reaction score
Man am I stocked to be going to the game this week. A close friend sprung for the tix as she wanted to do something nice for me. I was diagnosed with cancer in March and have had lots to go through, I'm still in treatment, but I am feeling good now. I want to put in a shameless plug for her business.

The record for loudest crowd noise is 131.7 db if I heard it right yesterday on 710.

The record was set by a soccer audience using all horns and giant vuvuzelas. We just get to use our vocal chords. It will be something special if we pull it off. You can visit the fan page for volume 12, the group that got the Guinness people involved here https://www.facebook.com/OfficialVolume12

What's your prediction in db?

12thMan1

Reaction score
I unfortunately do not believe we will be able to pull it off. If every seat/standing place was filled with diehard/fanatic fans without any niners or bandwagoners then I think we could definitely pull it off. I'm a season ticket holder and all the games I go to there are groups of fans who choose not to participate in being vocal and only watch the game. I will be giving it my all at the Clink and will not have a voice Monday. My only hope is that I will be proven wrong and that my efforts become part of the record.

hawker84

Reaction score
First off, sorry to hear you're going through a tough time, glad to hear things are getting better.

Second, how is this even fair, they got to use noisemakers, we don't. From what i understand they had just over 50,000 in the stands, we'll have well over 80,000.

For the record i want to break it naturally, but man that's a tall order doing it with just the vocal chords... If we do, it'll be that much more special for sure.

McG

Reaction score
hawker84":1payfg1u said:
First off, sorry to hear you're going through a tough time, glad to hear things are getting better.

Second, how is this even fair, they got to use noisemakers, we don't. From what i understand they had just over 50,000 in the stands, we'll have well over 80,000.

For the record i want to break it naturally, but man that's a tall order doing it with just the vocal chords... If we do, it'll be that much more special for sure.

It only holds 67,000.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I kinda doubt it. The record set in Turkey is crazy high and the fans there were using vuvuzelas and other noise makers.

Go Hawks.

HawksFTW

Reaction score
hawker84":3jtydjoa said:
From what i understand they had just over 50,000 in the stands, we'll have well over 80,000.

Where are you getting 80,000 from?