Anyone hear Kaep & Harbaugh's press call to Seattle Media?

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • Wow. Just. Wow.

Seriously, what a couple of tools. If you can find the audio, do. If you need any more reason to scream your lungs out and cause disruption, take a listen. Especially to Kaepernick's conference call to Seattle media. It's so very easy to see why they are an easy team to hate.

I can say one thing with 100% certainty. A conference call with Carroll and Wilson to the San Francisco media would have been 1,000 times classier.

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• This one?

http://kiroradio.com/listen/33186/#

Nevermind. That's from 2011.
    Last edited by Sarlacc83 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

• On top of that, I just read this, and Kaepernick has to be the worst QB in the league at answering interview questions. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was some 8th grade kid answering stuff.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/09/ ... our-voice/
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• They both take pride in not answering or giving anything to the media. School of belichick on this one.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• mretrade wrote:They both take pride in not answering or giving anything to the media. School of belichick on this one.

You're just performing "eliteness by association" in trying to compare them to Belichick. You can still give answers that don't sound like a slow high schooler wrote them without giving stuff away.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:On top of that, I just read this, and Kaepernick has to be the worst QB in the league at answering interview questions. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was some 8th grade kid answering stuff.

Funny but they omitted the one question and response I heard.

To paraphrase:

Seattle Media: You've heard about the 12th Man...Were they a factor in last year's game at all?

Kaepernick: No. We had (problems inside the huddle). It wasn't the crowd.

Lordy. :34853_doh:

"We're picking up speed. The train is coming." - Earl Thomas 11/15/14
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Eliteness by association? How does that make any sense?

You want elite?

25-8-1

Keep throwing your stones. As long as he wins, its a non-story.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

Last edited by mretrade on Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• Wow..... the super sensitive fans are just something to behold.... Seriously guys, what do you want??? This is football, not girl scouts! Should they get together for tea on Saturday night before the game?? Just ridiculous!

WHO CARES!!!

Look what PC had to say in his interview... it's all a bunch of "yeah, Harbaugh is a great coach, Kaepernick is fantastic, blah blah blah..."

It's all just fluff anyway... more crapola to build up the game which needs absolutely ZERO building up...

IMO....
    13thMan
    NET Rookie

• Reminds me of the movie Bedazzled when Brendan Frazier is a basket ball player and he keeps repeating that to win they gave 110%. How many one word answers did Kap give?
    I still get chills when I watch the Beastquake run. "Are you kidding me?!!!"
    Clayfighter
    NET Rookie

• mretrade wrote:Eliteness by association? How does that make any sense?

You want elite?

25-8-1

42-13 beotch, be prepared to watch your little team get embarassed on nation TV AGAIN!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• LOL 42-13 is irrelevant after this game. Are you going to be fixated on a game that meant little three years from now? 49er fans dont care because in the end you were qatching our team in the big game from your couch.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• mretrade wrote:LOL 42-13 is irrelevant after this game. Are you going to be fixated on a game that meant little three years from now? 49er fans dont care because in the end you were qatching our team in the big game from your couch.

I enjoyed the Superbowl. Watching the 49ers get stomped was the 2nd best thing to the Hawks being there.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• These 2 make make it so easy to truly dislike this team.
    McG
    NET Veteran

Seriously? Still?
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• mretrade wrote:Eliteness by association? How does that make any sense?

You want elite?

25-8-1

Since you apparently lack the ability to read for context, I was referring specifically to the quality of their interviews.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• mretrade wrote:LOL 42-13 is irrelevant after this game.

Then so are your Super Bowl wins after you played those teams you beat again.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    mretrade wrote:LOL 42-13 is irrelevant after this game.

Bravo, Roland. Bravo.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• LOL it doesn't take much to set you guys off.
    FrankTheTank21
    NET Bench Warmer

• Aros wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:On top of that, I just read this, and Kaepernick has to be the worst QB in the league at answering interview questions. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was some 8th grade kid answering stuff.

To paraphrase:

Seattle Media: You've heard about the 12th Man...Were they a factor in last year's game at all?

Really did seem like a combo of both. Noise was messing up the communication, but really, they were incredibly unprepared. The noise shouldnt have messed them up that much.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• RolandDeschain wrote:

LOL. You are comparing 42-13 to winning championships. Seriously? Give me your address so I can send you a trophy with 42-13 on it for your empty trophy case. Are you guys really that obsessed with beating us that you are comparing one regular season game to a superbowl? Wow, I am floored. I am sure Richard Sherman will remember 42-13 when he retires.Does he get a regular season ring?
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• mretrade wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

Are you guys really that obsessed with beating us that you are comparing one regular season game to a superbowl?

Should we not be obsessed with beating you? Isn't that the point of playing your team?

When we bring up how we pounded you guys to oblivion last season, all you bring up is how you fared against other opponents. We're obsessed with beating the 49ers. We don't care how the 49ers did against other teams.
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    NET Pro Bowler

• the only added benefit to beating the Seahawks is the fact itd a division opponent. Otherwise, its just another game. I care about going as far as possible in the playoffs. That is what matters.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• mretrade wrote:the only added benefit to beating the Seahawks is the fact itd a division opponent. Otherwise, its just another game. I care about going as far as possible in the playoffs. That is what matters.

Seriously, why the hell are you on here? To be a stupid troll? Go back to your 9ers forum and talk sh-t there, we don't want your sh-t here.
    tifferradish
    NET Rookie

• I am not trolling. I enjoy talking football and have every right to be here as long as I follow the rules and I am.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• mretrade wrote:the only added benefit to beating the Seahawks is the fact itd a division opponent. Otherwise, its just another game. I care about going as far as possible in the playoffs. That is what matters.

So I'm right to assume you've posted over 400 times in the Cardinals forum as well?
    Kakaww
    NET Rookie

• mretrade wrote:I am not trolling. I enjoy talking football and have every right to be here as long as I follow the rules and I am.

BS! You are fooling no one ninnies troll!

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Please Sunday just get here already...
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Did you see how crazy rolands statement was?
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• Kakaww wrote:
    mretrade wrote:the only added benefit to beating the Seahawks is the fact itd a division opponent. Otherwise, its just another game. I care about going as far as possible in the playoffs. That is what matters.

So I'm right to assume you've posted over 400 times in the Cardinals forum as well?

Bam! Great one. :lol:

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• Except I follow the Seahawks a lot closer than the Cardinals since I grew up on Mercer Island and all my friends are Seahawk fans.
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• As a Hawks fan, I will be the first to admit that a 42-13 regular season beat down... Well, let's just say I would trade that for what you've got in your trophy case... Not all of us are THAT obsessed with last years win, although it was still nice....

Now, however, it doesn't mean jack.....
    13thMan
    NET Rookie

• Oh, you are one of "those".... Neat!

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sports Hernia wrote:Oh, you are one of "those".... Neat!

Possibly like a good friend of mine who renounced his birthright to be a Hawk fan because he was too much of a wuss to handle the down years and instead bandwagon jumped a more popular team?

.....................................................................................-Webzone Niner fan GhostOfJimmyDean
    Trenchbroom
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• mretrade wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

LOL. You are comparing 42-13 to winning championships. Seriously? Give me your address so I can send you a trophy with 42-13 on it for your empty trophy case. Are you guys really that obsessed with beating us that you are comparing one regular season game to a superbowl? Wow, I am floored. I am sure Richard Sherman will remember 42-13 when he retires.Does he get a regular season ring?

I doubt you were even alive when SF won any of its Lombardis from decades ago! You act like a "new fan" that discovered a team because they were winning!

Sports Hernia
    NET Pro Bowler

• Did I miss something? What the hell did they say?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• mretrade wrote:I am as die hard as they get.

I even was in the third row wearing a 49ers jersey behind the bench at Qwest for this game and I stayed the entire game.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/b ... 260sea.htm

I have been a 49er fan since birth.

1994? Lol. Had to
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

mretrade
    NET Starter

• mretrade wrote:1988.

Ah makes sense
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Coug_Hawk08 wrote:
    Aros wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:On top of that, I just read this, and Kaepernick has to be the worst QB in the league at answering interview questions. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was some 8th grade kid answering stuff.

To paraphrase:

Really did seem like a combo of both. Noise was messing up the communication, but really, they were incredibly unprepared. The noise shouldnt have messed them up that much.

that's they key word there. *Unprepared* -- as in unprepared for the incredible sound volume that C-link has to offer. It's well known that C-link is probably the most difficult place to play as an offense. that was true before C-link was built and Seattle was back in the old Dome. I don't think words can adquately describe playing your first game at C-link - ever. You have to play in that environment to prepare for it. I belive it was his first ever game as a starting QB at C-link. Prior to that he was a backup. I think that was something he was totally unprepared for and it showed in his game. It was a bad day all around for the entire team. Seattle took it to the 49ers and it's one of the more embarassing games in 49er history.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Where can I listen to this?
    Joey13091
    NET Veteran

• mretrade wrote:Except I follow the Seahawks a lot closer than the Cardinals since I grew up on Mercer Island and all my friends are Seahawk fans.

I know plenty of Niner fans, some from WA, some not... they are ALL obsessed with beating the Seahawks this year. Face it, week 16 created doubt. You're hoping to feel better and not worse after Sunday.

I hope your friends razz the shit out of you until we come to Candlestick. I know they'll do it to me if we lose.
    Marvin49 wrote:Ok. I have to admit. That's messed up.

You win.
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

• HawkFan72 wrote:
    mretrade wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Then so are your Super Bowl wins after you played those teams you beat again.

Are you guys really that obsessed with beating us that you are comparing one regular season game to a superbowl?

Should we not be obsessed with beating you? Isn't that the point of playing your team?

When we bring up how we pounded you guys to oblivion last season, all you bring up is how you fared against other opponents. We're obsessed with beating the 49ers. We don't care how the 49ers did against other teams.

It's alright being obsessed with beating the 49ers. I understand that mindset because if you beat the 49ers, chances are you will be going deep in the playoffs. Being one of the best, a lot of teams will bring their best efforts and try to *measure* up and see how the fare and then see how they have progressed in terms of team and player development.

Five superbowls starts with an owner that cares about winning. Not all owners do care about it, or care about it so much, that they are *personally* involved emotionally in the team. A good portion of the owners who buy a sports franchise, buy them for trophy kinds of purposes, i.e. as a asset to show off to - to other rich folks. Only a very few really want to win so bad that they will do everything they can to give their teams the advantage.

As for Seattle and Superbowls, Holmgren is one of the better coaches when he was coaching. The Hawk's had the same kind of officiating issues in their superbowl that the 49ers had last year in last years superbowl. The key is for the 'Hawks in winning Superbowls to keep showing up in the playoffs - and one day get lucky enough to get into the Superbowl and win it. 49ers had 20 years of playoff appearances - only 5 superbowls. That's a less than fifty percent success rate (25%). That totally sucks.
    Giedi
    NET Starter

• Giedi wrote:The Hawk's had the same kind of officiating issues in their superbowl that the 49ers had last year in last years superbowl.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

• RolandDeschain wrote:
    Giedi wrote:The Hawk's had the same kind of officiating issues in their superbowl that the 49ers had last year in last years superbowl.

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.
    "Pete Carroll brings in great elves...and they make the best presents."
    SacHawk2.0
    .NOT a Moderator

• Nah, it's more about being obsessed with HFA and winning a Super Bowl and the 49ers being in the way of those things. Your organization was great in the '80s and early '90s and has two good years recently. They were mediocre-to-bad for the first thirty or so years, then Eddie DeBartolo did some shady stuff and they were bad for another decade.

So, while the Niners did have great success in the '80s with an all-timer coach, QB, WR, and hell, let's throw FS and FB in there too, it's not like we want to live up to the organization, which has been more bad than good in its history.

This is not a knock on the 49er organization; just a correction of your understanding of Seahawk fans' motivations for focusing on the 49ers so much.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

• Gieidi wrote:
    Five superbowls starts with an owner that cares about winning. Not all owners do care about it, or care about it so much, that they are *personally* involved emotionally in the team. A good portion of the owners who buy a sports franchise, buy them for trophy kinds of purposes, i.e. as a asset to show off to - to other rich folks. Only a very few really want to win so bad that they will do everything they can to give their teams the advantage.

As for Seattle and Superbowls, Holmgren is one of the better coaches when he was coaching. The Hawk's had the same kind of officiating issues in their superbowl that the 49ers had last year in last years superbowl. The key is for the 'Hawks in winning Superbowls to keep showing up in the playoffs - and one day get lucky enough to get into the Superbowl and win it. 49ers had 20 years of playoff appearances - only 5 superbowls. That's a less than fifty percent success rate (25%). That totally sucks.
    I had a friend was a big baseball player
    back in high school
    He could throw that speedball by you
    Make you look like a fool boy
    Saw him the other night at this roadside bar
    I was walking in, he was walking out
    We went back inside sat down had a few drinks
    but all he kept talking about was
    Glory days well they'll pass you by
    Glory days in the wink of a young girl's eye
    Glory days, glory days
    |~=[==~||~==]=~|
    ||Tfs LnD ] [ HAWKS||
    RIP BFS. He was kind of a douche, but he was our kind of a douche.
    ClumsyLurk
    NET Veteran

• Smelly McUgly wrote:Nah, it's more about being obsessed with HFA and winning a Super Bowl and the 49ers being in the way of those things. Your organization was great in the '80s and early '90s and has two good years recently. They were mediocre-to-bad for the first thirty or so years, then Eddie DeBartolo did some shady stuff and they were bad for another decade.

So, while the Niners did have great success in the '80s with an all-timer coach, QB, WR, and hell, let's throw FS and FB in there too, it's not like we want to live up to the organization, which has been more bad than good in its history.

This is not a knock on the 49er organization; just a correction of your understanding of Seahawk fans' motivations for focusing on the 49ers so much.

The 49ers have a great organization right now
    mretrade
    NET Starter

• I HATE NINER TROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(
    The 46 Defense shall set you free.
    BuddyRyans46
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information