Kellen Davis ??

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
Kellen Davis ??
Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:37 am
  • Did we sign a TE. BR says we did. @profootballtalk. I can't find the story.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Re: Kellen Davis ??
Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:45 am

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:49 am
  • Blocking.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:50 am
  • Meh, third string TE, so whatever, but why did we even bother cutting McGrath if this was the best option? Anyone know anything about this dude's blocking ability? His rep as a pass catcher is terrible.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 am
  • He had a highlight TD catch in preseason against us during his rookie year. That's all I know about him
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:51 am
  • Good, now the Mike Person experiment can mercifully end.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:52 am
  • Ok? Who got sent packing?
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:55 am
  • I would honestly rather carry six backs w/ Mike Rob than experiment with non-developmental scrub TEs.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:56 am
  • I was upset with us letting go McGrath...wasn't Davis supposed to be pretty good coming out?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:59 am
  • -The Glove- wrote:I was upset with us letting go McGrath...wasn't Davis supposed to be pretty good coming out?

Yes. And then he developed hands that make this guy's look soft.

Super Bowl Champions XVLIII

RIP Radish: Check your PMs. Upper right corner.
    Sarlacc83
    * NET Philistine *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:13 am
  • McGrath, depite his Sparq rating, was not an NFL level player.
    "So between my friends and I we have been at every home game to date this year, and we have all been plotting the offensive plays called. " ------Anthony!
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:27 am
  • It's phase 2 of our secret agenda to sign all the Kellens we can find. P&J'd. Phase 3? Lookin' at you, Kellen Moore.
    HawkAroundTheClock
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:31 am
  • Allen Bradford gone to make room for Davis
    Should have been Person
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 am
  • Bradford off to make room according to PC presser
    dukestar
    NET Practice Squad

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 am
  • Is he coming in for run blocking? Aside from that I don't see why he's coming in.
    the ditch
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
    *TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:33 am
  • dukestar wrote:Bradford off to make room according to PC presser

BOOOOOO

I'm mystified by some of these moves, but I guess that is why Carroll and Schneider get paid the big bucks and I'm some dude posting on a message board.
    "If given the opportunity without fear of incarceration, I would honestly beat the living **** out of Jerry Rice."

--Internet tough guy HawkWow being a MAN on the internet
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran

Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:34 am
  • WTF. I know they've earned our trust, but I'm really having a hard time understanding our FO lately. Cut Bradford over Person? Over Lotulelei? To make room for this scrub?
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:36 am
  • Gotta at least be an upgrade over person.
    BeahawksSlow
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:34 pm
  • Tical21 wrote:McGrath, depite his Sparq rating, was not an NFL level player.

I like how you continue to take petty shots at me but its funny how McGrath is currently on a NFL roster and was claimed by the first team that could. So its possible he could of landed on the 30 other teams.

On Kellen Davis: I wouldn't sleep on Davis, he's basically, at best 2012 Anthony McCoy without considerable upside. I would grade Davis out to be a slightly better blocker than McCoy. Davis is bigger, and started a lot of games for the Bears in that capacity more so than he was used as a pass-catcher.

He should be a servicable player.

It sucks about Bradford but oh well. Person is probably being kept because of Cable. And they probably like Lotulelei's upside better or something.

What's funny to me is for all the flack Morgan has gotten from this fan base, he's still here.
    If I seem too passionate, it’s because I care. And if I come on too strong, it’s because I feel strongly. And if I push too hard, it’s because things aren’t moving fast enough. This is my home, you are my family, and I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” - L.K.
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:50 pm
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:What's funny to me is for all the flack Morgan has gotten from this fan base, he's still here.

I would have kept Bradford over Morgan. I constantly forget that Morgan even made the final 53, which says a lot about how I perceive his value. I'm guessing his ability to (ineffectively) play LEO saved him. Maybe special teams, too. Just a really baffling move.
    DavidSeven
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:48 pm
  • I sure hope Bradford makes it back here, from everything i've seen he plays the game right.
    bluengreen
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:38 pm
  • SF will probably claim Bradford. I have read that Davis is a good blocker. I hope this experiment works. It doesn't say much about our OLine.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:29 pm
  • Sounds like Willson is banged up and we might have not had a choice but to sign someone.
    "
    @CHawksExaminer: #Seahawks have signed TE Kellen Davis and cut LB Allen Bradford because TE Luke Willson got banged up at Carolina. http://blogs.seattletimes.com/seahawks/ ... l-updates/"
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:36 pm
  • Stat of the day:

with 80 games of NFL playing experience, the Kellen Davis signing makes him the 3rd most experienced offensive player for Seattle behind Zach Miller (94gms) and Marshawn Lynch (89 gms)

okay... maybe not the BEST stat of the day, but I always wanted to say that and have some background music from the Dan Patrick show play.
    ak3000
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:50 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:Blocking.

"Cleveland guaranteed Davis $165,000 -- including a $65,000 signing bonus -- when it signed him to a one-year deal in March. Davis was abused as a blocker this preseason, and he caught just five passes for 43 yards in exhibition play."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4825/kellen-davis

Awesome! He can't even block.
    Sturm
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:57 pm
  • Can any of the resident gurus please shed light on how cutting Bradford of all back up LBers is a better decision than one of the scrubs like some mentioned above? Who is Wagners back up? I do not get it. I understand the need to bring this guy in to a degree. Although I had no issue with McGrath really. I don't get it. Someone please help me understand this move. In any other circumstance I would be tempted to say locker room issues. Being he is an SC guy and a converted RB to LBer that's been here for 3 seasons I don't see that being it.
    CALIHAWK1
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*
    *PLATINUM SUPPORTER*

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:02 pm
  • Every single Bears fans I have heard comment on him, they have absolutely nothing positive to say about Davis, at all.
    He was also cut by the Browns a few weeks ago, he's this years Evan Moore
    ----
    ensett
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:28 pm
  • Summation of Wednesday's roster moves ..... with source link.
    Pete Carroll confirmed that the Seattle Seahawks have signed tight end Kellen Davis. In order to bring Davis on the roster, the Seahawks released linebacker Allen Bradford.
    Davis will wear No. 87.
    The Seahawks also brought back defensive end Ty Powell and offensive lineman Ryan Seymour to the practice squad, and let go of offensive lineman Jared Smith and defensive tackle Michael Brooks.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... more-18497#storylink=cpy
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:33 pm
  • Pandion Haliaetus wrote:
    Tical21 wrote:McGrath, depite his Sparq rating, was not an NFL level player.

I like how you continue to take petty shots at me but its funny how McGrath is currently on a NFL roster and was claimed by the first team that could. So its possible he could of landed on the 30 other teams.

On Kellen Davis: I wouldn't sleep on Davis, he's basically, at best 2012 Anthony McCoy without considerable upside. I would grade Davis out to be a slightly better blocker than McCoy. Davis is bigger, and started a lot of games for the Bears in that capacity more so than he was used as a pass-catcher.

He should be a servicable player.

It sucks about Bradford but oh well. Person is probably being kept because of Cable. And they probably like Lotulelei's upside better or something.

What's funny to me is for all the flack Morgan has gotten from this fan base, he's still here.

So what, McGrath landed on another NFL team. Great for him. He didn't land a spot on the Seahawks. He didn't impress the coaches and Schneider enough to earn a spot. It's a fact. If he was good enough, he would be on the team.
    hawkfan68
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*
    *GOLD SUPPORTER*

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:18 pm
  • It's weird; they keep emphasizing youth, youth, youth, then bring in a scrub. I'm behind the mad genius I suppose.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:30 pm
  • The Seahawks have reportedly signed a new tight end, Kellen Davis, after trying out nine players on Tuesday.

New Window link to source >>> http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013/09/11/report-seahawks-sign-te-kellen-davis-after-tuesday-workouts/
    The Seahawks on Tuesday also tried out wide receiver Isaiah Stanback, the former Washington Huskies standout, according to the NFP. Citing an anonymous league source, the NFP’s Aaron Wilson reported that Seattle also auditioned defensive end Hall Davis, linebacker Justin Cole, defensive back Akeem Auguste, defensive tackle Frank Okam and wide receiver Ronald Johnson.

Tyouts by tight ends Daniel Fells and the versatile Dorin Dickerson also were mentioned.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information