Pete on Avril, Browner and Clemons.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Of the three guys mentioned, it seems that Pete Carroll is most confident that Avril will be suiting up against the 49ers. Carroll had this to say;
He was very close to being able to play on Sunday… so we’re planning on him being part of it this week unless he has some kind of setback we can’t foresee. That would be a nice little boost to get him back in the game.
Speaking on Clemons;
He’s going to take reps for us this week. He will take reps Wednesday and we’ll just see how he does. We need to get him through the practice routine and see if he can handle it, which we think he can. But he hasn’t done that yet so that means he’ll be working against the guys, pushing and shoving and all that in a limited fashion and then we’ll take it just one day at a time and see how he progresses.
Brandon Browner;
He ran hard in pregame, but not full speed. We want to make sure that we can get him back to full speed. He’s in a track meet out there so he’s got to have all that going for him. He’s going to run again. He ran today, he’s going to run tomorrow and Wednesday we’ll see how he does. We’ll try to get him for Thursday’s practice.

http://emeraldcityswagger.com/2013/...clemons-brandon-browner-play/?fb_source=pubv1

Laloosh

Reaction score
*fingers crossed*

I don't see Clem playing but Browner would be REALLY nice to have for this one. Avril, I'm up in the air about it how much I care. He hasn't done anything for us yet.

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Yeah, I want Browner more than Avril for sure. Clemons seems like he is not ready yet. I would love to have Clem back but don't want him rushed either.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I have no clue what almost any of that coach-speak meant, but he did pretty much say that unless Avril re-injures himself, he's playing.

I want Browner back definitely, but I am happy to have any pass-rushing help we can get in Avril, even in limited snaps if need be.

Dirtball

Reaction score
Just saw where Clem has been named a starter. Hope this is true. might not be in shape to play a lot but situational pass rusher would be fine with me

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Dirtball":3ryvc256 said:
Just saw where Clem has been named a starter. Hope this is true. might not be in shape to play a lot but situational pass rusher would be fine with me

Being named a starter vs #1 on the depth chart are two very different things.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
No way they rush those guys. I expect to see Avril and only Avril back for this one.

12evanf

Reaction score
If we play without any of them and win, I'm confident we can beat them in their house with the addition of them and Harvin and Irvin. A good part of our team was missing last week and we will continually be getting shots in the arm as the season progresses.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Pete won't say if they are playing or not until he absolutely has too. I would suspect they will all be game time decisions. They first you will know about if they are playing or not will be when the inactive list comes out.

This game is going to bring out the best and worst in everyone, coaches, players fans etc..... No amount of "gamesmanship" is too much this week.

To steal a quote from Bart Scott: "CAN'T WAIT!!!!!"

kearly

Reaction score
I suspect Avril will be the only one of the three to play. We didn't have Browner when our team hammered the 49ers last year, and I don't think any of us want to see Browner at 80% speed. I'm just guessing but Clemons' recovery trajectory so far makes me feel that he will miss at least the next two games. The team rushed Carp back from a knee injury last year and that decision backfired. I think they realize how important Clemons will be in the postseason so I expect maximum caution with his return.

BTW, if we could swing a trade this next offseason for a veteran pass rusher (Cameron Wake, or someone like that), I'd be fully supportive. I think if we don't, our pass rush could hit a bit of a lurch for the next few years. Because I think Clemons is probably playing his last season here. But we'll see.

Jville

Reaction score
Im still waiting to see how well Avril can play and maintain availability.

Also, the depth at LEO and SAM are running out of time to show.